• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

See, this circus just keeps going:

"UPDATE: Sen. John McCain said the GOP will take the "chained CPI" provision, that was holding up talks, off the table. Story developing. Check back for updates."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100345480

#12 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

We live in interesting times and I'm not confident it will turn out well. There are just too many zeros on the back of that dollar amount we owe and are borrowing year after year. Back when I was a kid they fought over this stuff and it didn't matter too much. But now, just too many zeros...... Congress needs to pass a law banning the zero, then we will be ok!!!! :lol:
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#13 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

The currency market is expecting a deal at this point... We are about to gap up on the es, if nothing changes in the next 15 minutes... Probably about 2-5 points...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#14 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

If we do get a deal, I believe we get an initial bump higher (which I will not play), then continue lower toward 12xx, I doubt the bump lasts very long...

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#15 TTrader47

TTrader47

• Traders-Talk User
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

If we do get a deal, I believe we get an initial bump higher (which I will not play), then continue lower toward 12xx, I doubt the bump lasts very long...

I think it may depend on what kind of deal we get. I don't even know why anyone reported on it until today. Did anyone think that congress would get something done early?

#16 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think it may depend on what kind of deal we get. I don't even know why anyone reported on it until today. Did anyone think that congress would get something done early?

You are right, it depends on the deal we get...

And the odds of no/little cuts and raising taxes on people over 250k is none to zero...

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#17 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

We live in interesting times and I'm not confident it will turn out well. There are just too many zeros on the back of that dollar amount we owe and are borrowing year after year. Back when I was a kid they fought over this stuff and it didn't matter too much. But now, just too many zeros...... Congress needs to pass a law banning the zero, then we will be ok!!!! :lol:

Those dastardly Zeroes! I blame it all on the inventor of Zero. :o
If we were still using the Roman numerals, this 16+twelve zeroes debt would be impossible!
There is not enough paper to write 16 Trillion in Roman numerals! :lol:

(That Zero story is buried somewhere in this long video)...

Youtube Video
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#18 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Those dastardly Zeroes! I blame it all on the inventor of Zero. :o
If we were still using the Roman numerals, this 16+twelve zeroes debt would be impossible!
There is not enough paper to write 16 Trillion in Roman numerals! :lol:

(That Zero story is buried somewhere in this long video)...

Youtube Video

Actually we are kidding ourselves with the $16T number which ignores unfunded liabilities. They bring it up to $86T or close to 30 times GDP but it has the same number of zeros.

#19 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

There is only air below SPX 1375 support down to low 1300s. Probably tomorrow SPX 1375 support will get tested and just like the 1390 support earlier, it will trigger a 10-15 points bounce on some BS news back to 200 dma at 1390. The whole issue is about the earnings, but sure enough, perhaps the politicians will also make their fine contribution to the mayhem from here. The govt cannot stimulate much from here, but this is not entirely the problem.

Edited by arbman, 31 December 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#20 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Actually we are kidding ourselves with the $16T number which ignores unfunded liabilities. They bring it up to $86T or close to 30 times GDP but it has the same number of zeros.

Mort Zuckerman on unfunded liabilities of the federal government..

http://www.usnews.co...f-unfunded-debt
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule