albert einstein

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein :lol: :lol:

#2 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: It is actually very very funny that you talk about fools. Because Albert Einstein did not use that quote. EF Schumacher used that quote for the 1st time in an article in the magazine "Radical Humanist". :lol:
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#3 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

dharma:

Lots of technical damage done here - can't be ignored - regardless of the eventual "long-term" out come.

Yep - Gold and Silver still "above" their spring 2012 lows - but the mining indices and individual stocks in the sector have almost uniformly made lower lows.

Oversold on all time frames now - expect a bounce (shallow) and then re-test - then we can see "what's what".

stubaby B)

PS Hard for me to muster "courage" when my pants have been somewhat soiled :D

To DrSP: You have been on right side here during this drop, but your posts are both cynical and demeaning - how about posting some charts and technical analysis along with your boasts and maybe you would be taken more seriously! :bye:

#4 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

To DrSP: You have been on right side here during this drop, but your posts are both cynical and demeaning - how about posting some charts and technical analysis along with your boasts and maybe you would be taken more seriously! :bye:

I posted a live screenshot of my trade during the 1st week of the year, with a commentary. Nobody else has ever done that on this message board, end of discussion.

My posts are factual, not cynical or demeaning. It hurts some people that you are on the other side of the trade, but it is what it is. :)
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#5 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I posted a live screenshot of my trade during the 1st week of the year, with a commentary. Nobody else has ever done that on this message board, end of discussion.

My posts are factual, not cynical or demeaning. It hurts some people that you are on the other side of the trade, but it is what it is. :)

Case closed

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Dr:
Do you have a link for that? Only thing I found is that you thought gold was worth zero. http://www.traders-t...?...994&hl=Drsp
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

agree stubaby, it sure felt like 08, 13 straight down days on the gdx i have that guy on ignore. once he said that he bought gold for 21 an oz, it was enough for me life is short. i got nothing to prove to anyone. i have to be content w/myself. from the get go , i stated , i am not trading gld/xau and all the other mining indexes sure look like a double bottom w/the 08 lows dharma

#8 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Dr:
Do you have a link for that? Only thing I found is that you thought gold was worth zero. http://www.traders-t...?...994&hl=Drsp

I posted a /SI trade screenshot of my own portfolio.

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

agree stubaby, it sure felt like 08, 13 straight down days on the gdx

i have that guy on ignore. once he said that he bought gold for 21 an oz, it was enough for me
life is short. i got nothing to prove to anyone. i have to be content w/myself.
from the get go , i stated , i am not trading
gld/xau and all the other mining indexes sure look like a double bottom w/the 08 lows
dharma

Dharma, Do you mean you think the gold stocks are headed down to the 2008 lows?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#10 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.

~ Albert Einstein :lol: :lol:

From a sesonal point of view this is a weak time for the metals.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30n8bv7.png