• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

On The Precipice2/22/2013 9:15:56 AM Here's what to expect. Before I get into today's article, I just wanted to give you a heads up on 2 things. First, I've been asked to speak at the world money show again - 3/25. This time I'll be doing it remotely, so I'll see if there's a way to get you access to the presentation either during or after the fact. Second, next week I'll be in the Dominican (my standard February vacation to get some tan back in my skin). Sometimes the technology gods favor us, and sometimes they don't. Either way, I'll do my best to continue the advice without interruption.

If you're interested in trying our service for 4 weeks - visit our site at www.stockbarometer.com

As for the markets, it's all about bonds. They STILL haven't bounced out of this consolidation. If the stock market is to move lower, bonds will need to rally. The potential is there, and it's huge, but it's not happening yet.
Posted Image
Here's a look at the global stock markets: Posted Image On the economic front, here is the schedule for this week. Pay close attention to the timing of the report and the potential for the markets to make short term reversals at those points. Posted Image On to the charts: Posted Image
Stock Barometer Analysis We remain in Sell Mode, expecting the markets to move lower into 3/6. The markets are oversold, and we're at the point where things break down, or bounce. They're bouncing in the premarket, so we'll see if they hold. The Stock Barometer is my proprietary market timing system. The direction, slope and level of the Stock Barometer determine our outlook. For example, if the barometer line is moving down, we are in Sell Mode. A Buy or Sell Signal is triggered when the indicator clearly changes direction. Trend and support can override the barometer signals. Money Management & Stops To trade this system, there are a few things you need to know and address to control your risk: · This system targets intermediate term moves, of which even in the best years, there are usually only up to 7 profitable intermediate term moves. The rest of the year will be consolidating moves where this system will experience small losses and gains that offset each other. · This system will usually result in losing trades more than 50% of the time, even in our best years. The key is being positioned properly for longer term moves when they come. · Therefore it is vitally important that you apply some form of money management to protect your capital. · Trading a leveraged index fund will result in more risk, since you cannot set stops and you cannot get out intraday. Accordingly; · Make sure you set your stops so that you can lose no more than 2% per trade (based on the QQQQ if you're trading leveraged funds and options with our trading service). Potential Cycle Key Reversal Dates 2013 Potential Key Reversal Dates: 1/16/13, 1/29, 2/14, 3/6. These dates have an accuracy of +/- 2 days. We publish dates up to 2 months in advance. We are seeing a reversal lower around our key dates, which suggests that 3/6 could be a low. 2012 Potential Reversal Dates: 1/12, 1/27, 2/16, 2/23, 3/16, 4/9, 4/25, 5/26. 6/2, 6/15, 7/2, 7/25, 8/13, 8/30, 9/8, 9/25, 10/7, 10/30, 11/15, 12/17, 1/15/13. Our IRG Market Timing and Sentiment data service shows the performance of these forecast turn dates going back to 2003 and for the remainder of 2012. My Additional timing work is based on numerous cycles and has resulted in the above potential reversal dates. These are not to be confused with the barometer signals or cycle times. However, due to their past accuracy I post the dates here. Timing Indicators Use the following Timing/momentum indicators to assist in your trading of the QQQQ, GLD, USD, USO and TLT. They are tuned to deliver signals in line with the Stock Barometer and we use them only in determining our overall outlook for the market and for pinpointing market reversals. The level, direction, and position to the zero line are keys in these indicators. For example, direction determines mode and a buy signal 'above zero' is more bullish than a buy signal 'below zero'. QQQ Timing Indicator (NASDAQ:QQQ)
Posted Image The QQQQ Spread Indicator will yield its own buy and sell signals that may be different from the Stock Barometer. It's meant to give us an idea of the next turn in the market. Gold Timing Indicator (ARCX:GLD)
Posted Image
Want to trade Gold? Use our signals with the Gold ETF AMEX:GLD. Gold gives us a general gage to the overall health of the US Economy and the markets. US Dollar Index Timing Indicator (INDEX:DXY)
Posted Image
Want to trade the US Dollar? Use our signals with the Power Shares AMEX:UUP: US Dollar Index Bullish Fund and AMEX:UDN: US Dollar Index Bearish Fund.
Bonds Timing Indicator (AMEX:TLT)
Posted Image
Want to trade Bonds? Use our signals with Lehman?s 20 year ETF AMEX:TLT. The direction of bonds has an impact on the stock market. Normally, as bonds go down, stocks will go up and as bonds go up, stocks will go down.
OIL Timing Indicator (AMEX:USO)
Posted Image
Want to trade OIL? Use our signals with AMEX:USO, the OIL ETF. We look at the price of oil as its level and direction has an impact on the stock market. Secondary Stock Market Timing Indicator Posted Image We maintain hundreds of popular and proprietary technical indicators that break down market internals, sentiment and money flow to give YOU unique insight into whether you should BUY or SELL the market. We feature at least one here each day in support of our current outlook. As a subscriber to ANY Stock Barometer Newsletter, you also get access to all our charts and research. Daily Stock Market Outlook We remain in Sell Mode, looking for a move lower into 3/6. The chart above shows the equity put call ratio. We like to see this reach an extreme before setting a bottom. We're not there yet. On the bullish front, this is where the trin sits. It's so bearish, it's at a bullish level on a contrarian basis. Posted Image On our bearish oil call from a week ago, here's where we are: I'm still bearish, but there can be a pause at the 200 day moving average. Posted Image When I speak on the markets, I like to hold our a rubber band and use it to explain the energy in the market, and at the end, I like to take it and stretch it so much that it breaks. We're at the point where the market is very stretched, and it could break. But for that to happen, we need bonds to break higher. Here's one way to view that - and where we are... Posted Image --- If you want to participate in a discussion of some of our indicators in Social Media, please visit and "LIKE" our FaceBook page. I'll have periodic updates on there and I WANT your feedback. This will be a good way to share your views with other traders. http://www.facebook.com/InvestmentResearchGroupInc Here's our current positioning. · Last Recommendation - 2/5 Short QQQ @ 67 (previous trade - 11/19 long at open at 62.97 closed 2/5 @ 67) · Status - As with any new positions, this is where risk management is critical. · Consideration - Always maintain stops per money management above. Once you have established a gain in a position, there is nothing wrong with taking some profits early... If you want to learn more about some of my models and indicators, I use my blog to cover them in more detail. If you're looking for more information, please visit our blog - I'll have updates and publish other articles there. http://investmentresearchgroup.com/Blog/ Regards, Stock Barometer Copyright © 2004-2013 Investment Research Group, Inc. d/b/a www.Stockbarometer.com. All Rights Reserved. No reproduction, retransmission, or other use of the information or images is authorized. Legitimate news media may quote representative passages, in context and with full attribution, for the purpose of reporting on our opinions. Media interested in speaking to Stock Barometer should email info@stockbarometer.com to arrange a call. To ensure delivery and prevent this e-mail from being delivered to your bulk mail folder, please add our 'From' e-mail address, info@stockbarometer.com, to your address book or preferred sender list.Important DisclosureFutures, Options, Mutual Fund, ETF and Equity trading have large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in these markets. Don't trade with money you can't afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to buy/sell Futures, Options, Mutual Funds or Equities. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this Web site. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.Performance results are hypothetical. Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under- or over-compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as a lack of liquidity. Simulated trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown.Investment Research Group and all individuals affiliated with Investment Research Group assume no responsibilities for your trading and investment results.Investment Research Group (IRG), as a publisher of a financial newsletter of general and regular circulation, cannot tender individual investment advice. Only a registered broker or investment adviser may advise you individually on the suitability and performance of your portfolio or specific investments.In making any investment decision, you will rely solely on your own review and examination of the fact and records relating to such investments. Past performance of our recommendations is not an indication of future performance. The publisher shall have no liability of whatever nature in respect of any claims, damages, loss, or expense arising out of or in connection with the reliance by you on the contents of our Web site, any promotion, published material, alert, or update.For a complete understanding of the risks associated with trading, see our Risk Disclosure.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter