Photo

Internals... Now why on earth would anyone short this wonder rally ?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Selling short this from here is all about timing, I think there is still a bit more time to go, this initial Cyprus news sell off will be probably bought back up... I see the first week of May to start for a deep correctIon... We have a recession or near zero growth at the moment, the market will eventually reflect the valuations, perhaps it will crash, USD rallies up, commodities are selling, so the signs are already there with the breadth weakening...

I think if we sell on Cyprus news, that is if runs on the banks start in Spain, we'll try to bounce back into the Fed meeting Tuesday/Wednesday, so the Fed could reassure everyone once again. Then Thursday night is China and European PMI's, if China PMI drops back under 50, which I think has a very good chance, based on other data, and European PMI's will continue collapsing, then we'll get a start of more serious selling. And of course earnings season starts April 8th too. And we'll find out what earnings growth there really is. I suspect not very much. Thats an approximate roadmap, the way I see it.

Wonder if Euro cracks down next week too. Will also be bad news for commodities and the rest of the market. Rallying dollar is a big headwind for all these large cap multinationals.

Aside from that, Euro is most likely done. We now know what Draghi's "whatever it takes" means. And I don't think Spanish or Italian voters are gonna like this. I think dollar is in a bull market as all the crappy currencies around the world start folding. And Euro debacle threat is growing by the hour.

Either way, will I be right or wrong, and the magic summations will never turn down against the laws of mathematics and gravity ... the risk of being long this market is very substantial at this point :)

Edited by ogm, 16 March 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#42 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Shoot! I meant beginning of April to sell down... Correction, sorry. I expect a low around May 2-9th...

Edited by arbman, 16 March 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#43 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

The blame game on sequester has already pretty much crumbled. White House tours are resuming. Lines at airport security points are just the usual stuff. One of my kids went through 2 security points at 2 different airports today on her way to Zurich and she did not notice anything unusually long waits. Stock market rally will continue few more weeks which will fade more memory of the sequester fear. Actually the powers in charge are more scared if the sequester is a non-event. I am sure y'all noticed suddenly they are dining together and talking to each other. Trade cautiously.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule