TOP IS IN

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Financials are retailers are leading right now.

When the market topped the last 2 times, financials and retailers started rolling over while fewer and fewer major stocks and a few late cycle sectors kept pushing the market higher.

Right now, the late cycle sectors such as energy, steel, and equipment haven't even come off the lows yet (OIH, X, CAT, etc.)

So I think this market has a long way to go before it runs out of gas.

We are already in the longest running period of 10-yr. yields under 2% in 50 years.

Cheap money floating around for that long combined with the Fed printing like mad usually creates giant stock market and real estate bubbles, we are not even close yet.

giant wont be no bubble......it will be only the half way pt of the mother of all bull mkts....40 k is easy to see because of the shrinking dows divisor which is a multiplier now........whats coming will frighten most to death.....a once in a lifetime move that few will make a dime on.

#12 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

When the market topped the last 2 times, financials and retailers started rolling over while fewer and fewer major stocks and a few late cycle sectors kept pushing the market higher.

Right now, the late cycle sectors such as energy, steel, and equipment haven't even come off the lows yet (OIH, X, CAT, etc.)

We are already in the longest running period of 10-yr. yields under 2% in 50 years.

Cheap money floating around for that long combined with the Fed printing like mad usually creates giant stock market and real estate bubbles, we are not even close yet.

giant wont be no bubble......it will be only the half way pt of the mother of all bull mkts....40 k is easy to see because of the shrinking dows divisor which is a multiplier now........whats coming will frighten most to death.....a once in a lifetime move that few will make a dime on.

Lets do the math ... Dow divisor is currently 0.13 or so. Approximately means 1 point of any dow component move translates to 7.5 point move in the index. Which means that average Dow stock is priced at 63 or so. To get to 40k we need and average dow stock to be priced at about 170.

So how do we get to 40k ? Show me the math.

Edited by ogm, 23 March 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

ogm, you are posting some really useful information here. Lots of actual numbers and actual stocks, which to me is better than cycles, full moon, Bradley, high tides, PMS and all other such stuff. Plz keep up the good work.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Thousands of traders still determined to pick tops lately.

Lots of bears were decimated the last four years betting against:

The U.S. Consumer
The Fed
The ECB
The BoJ

Retail is leading.

Evidenced by new world record lifetime highs in RTH Friday.

[attachment=20547:rth0323.png]

#15 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Lets do the math ... Dow divisor is currently 0.13 or so. Approximately means 1 point of any dow component move translates to 7.5 point move in the index. Which means that average Dow stock is priced at 63 or so. To get to 40k we need and average dow stock to be priced at about 170.

>To get to 40k we need and average dow stock to be priced at about 170. <........no kidding.....ever hear of a stock split???? .........so at dow 1600 in 87
when i promised 10k.......i was bombarded with......"show me the math".....nothing much has changed.....apparently you havent been doin this stuff that long...

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Thousands of traders still determined to pick tops lately.

Lots of bears were decimated the last four years betting against:

The U.S. Consumer
The Fed
The ECB
The BoJ

Retail is leading.

Evidenced by new world record lifetime highs in RTH Friday.

[attachment=20547:rth0323.png]

bears.....i love them all.....they keep the equation tilted in favor of the minority bulls.........snort :lol: 675 ono

#17 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

>To get to 40k we need and average dow stock to be priced at about 170. <........no kidding.....ever hear of a stock split???? .........so at dow 1600 in 87
when i promised 10k.......i was bombarded with......"show me the math".....nothing much has changed.....apparently you havent been doin this stuff that long...

Stock split ? Which one ? GE at 23 ? or AA at 8 ? ... Maybe a reverse split :) But it doesn't matter, because dow divisor is periodically adjusted anyway to account for that. Not many stocks have held up the market cap of 500 bil for long so far. At 40k down just about everyone one of them should be 500k market cap. Not going to happen anytime soon.

Edited by ogm, 23 March 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,021 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Okay, no top for the stock market and stocks are at bargain prices. There will be tons of profit to make if you buy stocks at the current prices......... Is this all your bulls trying to say?

#19 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Okay, no top for the stock market and stocks are at bargain prices. There will be tons of profit to make if you buy stocks at the current prices.........
Is this all your bulls trying to say?

I needed that :lol: :lol:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#20 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm sure that AAPL, GOOG, PCLN, CRM, AMZN, etc. and other "glam" stocks are ready to announce stock splits, but they are waiting for the most inopportune time for the bears in order to make sure such announcement has maximum effect.

Edited by PrintFaster, 24 March 2013 - 03:41 PM.