Photo

SPX hits new high with NYSE a/d almost 2 to 1 negative.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

( and yes, its 2 to 1 negative now, as it has been eroding steadily )

You really need a new data source as NYSE breadth plurality has been hanging around -500 issues all day long.

NYSE breadth at 16:05 is 1235/1887; NASDAQ has also been consistent today as well (within -200 issues) at 1159/1363.

Although the market may be extended, it is by no means showing enough internal decay to warrant a price reversal of more than a day (a pause to refresh).

Watch the MCSUM..it IS your primary barometer on all things breadth right now.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#22 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Today's action looks like your typical setup for a bullish Tuesday.

Posted Image

#23 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

( and yes, its 2 to 1 negative now, as it has been eroding steadily )

You really need a new data source as NYSE breadth plurality has been hanging around -500 issues all day long.

NYSE breadth at 16:05 is 1235/1887; NASDAQ has also been consistent today as well (within -200 issues) at 1159/1363.

Although the market may be extended, it is by no means showing enough internal decay to warrant a price reversal of more than a day (a pause to refresh).

Watch the MCSUM..it IS your primary barometer on all things breadth right now.

Fib

Did anyone find out the cause for this discrepancy? Fib, what data source are you using?

#24 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

So as I said earlier... the SOX was the only major one I found that tested it's previous low today..

Here's what "Starting to look Bearish" Looks like:

So we'll see where it closes...

B)

Well, its a start :) Its gotta start somewhere, right ?

No one knows what the top tick or the final candle of this rally is going to look like. I'm guessing it will be something uneventful. Like today.

High complacency, while prices slowly weaken. And then it will turn out that it was the IT peak.

I do think that 2 to 1 negative a/d ( and yes, its 2 to 1 negative now, as it has been erroding steadily ) is not looking good on the day SPX is hitting yet another all time high.

I wish you no offence, but you are fighting against the first rule in trading: the trend is your friend. trying to pick a top relies on a. perfect timing and b. perfect price in a market thats strong

#25 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Sure are a lot of "Heavy Breathers" making outsized moves the last few days.

Names like Restoration Hardware going totally parabolic.

Biggest Gainers on NYSE

Top Ranked Names on Stockcharts

#26 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

whats coming will be shawk n awe........this once in a lifetime event will have no historical comparison......in fact few will make a dime as it will be much to frightening for anybody to handle........you can blame it all on the dows divisor.....which is now a multiplier...... ;)

#27 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Did anyone find out the cause for this discrepancy? Fib, what data source are you using?

The only place I know of that does not include ARCA trading, and is the most consistent, is the Wall Street Journal.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#28 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well, Barron's says the market has a long way to go. How could you argue with that?

Posted Image

#29 KCScott

KCScott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Mean Reversion will be..... MEAN
KC Scott Blogs at IBC: http://ibankcoin.com/kcscott/

#30 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I think the market needs a consolidation at least, it is very stretched and now the breadth is lagging... The cumulative A/D did not reach a new high since last Monday, NYSE MCO is diving nose down... The new highs are also lagging... So the breadth has been lagging the last set of highs in indices since last week...

Edited by arbman, 13 May 2013 - 11:38 PM.