• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

yup.
i think the FEDs can hear market participants screaming foul.,..gtf out of the free markets. which is turning into an embarrassment or will after they
destroy free market trading.

WILLIAMS SAYS FED MAY REDUCE QE IN SUMMER, HALT BY YEAR END
WILLIAMS SAYS SLOWING QE WOULDN'T MEAN TIGHTENING IN POLICY

yeah I read that on 0hdge - but i also read it a month ago -
http://articles.mark...st-central-bank

so what is the deal - opex seems to need a lower settle for the open tomorrow, maybe that is the deal?
best,
klh

#12 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Veteran traders should know that weekly profit taking starts Thursday noon. It may be over already.

#13 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

"When a scam unravels it gives people a good feeling. And this market is a scam. Even the Fed knows that." Sad to see a technician with your skills utter crap like that. Price is what it is, and it doesn't make a lick of difference who buys, or why, to put it there. Statements like the above are for lesser traders than yourself.

Edited by thespookyone, 16 May 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#14 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

"When a scam unravels it gives people a good feeling. And this market is a scam. Even the Fed knows that."

Sad to see a technician with your skills utter crap like that. Price is what it is, and it doesn't make a lick of difference who buys, or why, to put it there. Statements like the above are for lesser traders than yourself.

Consider it philosophical differences.

Some people where comfortable pulling gold teeth with pliers before sending jews to gas chamber. Others were not.
Some people like this quasi communist centrally planned market manipulation, some prefer free markets.

Nasdaq bubble lasted longer then anyone thought, So did housing or fertilizer bubble, but those were honest stupidity bubbles. This one is just a centrally planned fraud. Blowing up bubbles all over the place to make people feel better. Some policy. Not everyone likes it. No matter what side of the market they trade.

#15 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Its all in the last bar.

#16 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

WILLIAMS SAYS FED MAY REDUCE QE IN SUMMER, HALT BY YEAR END

Oh...I didn't know we had a new Fed chairman!

WILLIAMS SAYS SLOWING QE WOULDN'T MEAN TIGHTENING IN POLICY

Which means the spigot will remain wide open...so no changes in monetary policy??

Sigh...

well dick im not desperate

Freudian slip aside :) your looking for a sell signal on a 10 minute time frame, when the daily isn't even diverging yet, IS a sign of desperation.

Speaking of which, why haven't you discussed your "go to" indicator in the last several weeks anyway - the NASDAQ breadth McClellan Summation Index - since it turned up above the zero line??

I don't think its desperation. I think people are looking for justice.

So much for technically trading the market...yea...you'll get your revenge while watching others suffer.

The bear's mind set is often dubious if anything else.

Fib

In case you didn't get it.. QE will be wound down.

There was some former Fed official on CNBC the other day explaining that QE has nothing to do with Zero rates accomodation policy. And is not contingent on the 6.5% unemployment or whatever the manure target is.

There is now targeted campaign by the Fed to prepare the markets for slowing QE, I'd pay attention, because QE by itself doesn't do anything, this rally is all about perception of what QE supposedly does. Its all sentiment.

Market will get choppy from here as it starts making a top. They'll kick the [bleeeep] can up and down for a few weeks, while the momentum winding down, then its over. There are definite sellers in the tape now.

Edited by ogm, 16 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#17 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Its all in the last bar.

Agreed Sir.

#18 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Millions of guys out there betting that today was a major top. But I didn't see it, because the first groups to break are usually the oils, like OIH and XLE, and they were barely down today. And the huge volume move in CSCO was a major sign of strength for a Dow stock. Over 200 million shares traded today alone on CSCO.

#19 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

"When a scam unravels it gives people a good feeling. And this market is a scam. Even the Fed knows that."

Sad to see a technician with your skills utter crap like that. Price is what it is, and it doesn't make a lick of difference who buys, or why, to put it there. Statements like the above are for lesser traders than yourself.

Consider it philosophical differences.

Some people where comfortable pulling gold teeth with pliers before sending jews to gas chamber. Others were not.
Some people like this quasi communist centrally planned market manipulation, some prefer free markets.

Nasdaq bubble lasted longer then anyone thought, So did housing or fertilizer bubble, but those were honest stupidity bubbles. This one is just a centrally planned fraud. Blowing up bubbles all over the place to make people feel better. Some policy. Not everyone likes it. No matter what side of the market they trade.

It's not philosophical at all. I just don't care to convince myself the I KNOW exactly who is buying the market and why-I'm not a gypsy, maybe you are :) And if you want to get philosophical, and throw some pity around for those who the "market will wrong"-the Bears could use a stack, LOL.

Edited by thespookyone, 16 May 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#20 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

There are definite sellers in the tape now.

Yea...just like in November...

....and December...

....and January, February, March, April and now May.

Meanwhile the market has rallied close to 20%.

I guess all those distractions didn't mean as much as the direction in which money was moving?

Wow...I'm literally speechless at this senseless diatribe.

You really need a loooooong break and re-examine your priorities.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions