MARKET THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

I hope this isn't the beginning of a food fight that leads to "vacations" from posting.

#22 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

"When a scam unravels it gives people a good feeling. And this market is a scam. Even the Fed knows that."

Sad to see a technician with your skills utter crap like that. Price is what it is, and it doesn't make a lick of difference who buys, or why, to put it there. Statements like the above are for lesser traders than yourself.

Consider it philosophical differences.

Some people where comfortable pulling gold teeth with pliers before sending jews to gas chamber. Others were not.
Some people like this quasi communist centrally planned market manipulation, some prefer free markets.

Nasdaq bubble lasted longer then anyone thought, So did housing or fertilizer bubble, but those were honest stupidity bubbles. This one is just a centrally planned fraud. Blowing up bubbles all over the place to make people feel better. Some policy. Not everyone likes it. No matter what side of the market they trade.

It's not philosophical at all. I just don't care to convince myself the I KNOW exactly who is buying the market and why-I'm not a gypsy, maybe you are :) And if you want to get philosophical, and throw some pity around for those who the "market will wrong"-the Bears could use a stack, LOL.

Technically the market is overbought on hourly, daily, weekly and monthly charts. Last time I've seen this number of monthly parabolic charts in 2007. Sure it may chop higher a little bit, but its out of room. There will be a multimonth pause, decline, whatever you want to call it. The market is technically overextended and not supported by fundamentals, just a perception of the Fed policy "being good for the market". Its just a perception as economic data keeps coming in awful.

#23 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

OGM,

Run your indicators for 82-84, might not be that overbought.

Posted Image

#24 89S10

89S10

• TT Member+
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Actually, a knock down drag out food fight would be a sign that some sort of top is near.

#25 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Most entertaining thread of the day! I love food fights!! :lol: IT Trend is up and that is all I am going by. Even though I agree with everything OGM said. I have no compunction making money even though it means going along with the scoundrels and Ponzi's. All I know for sure is that this will not end well. But I also have no idea when the bubble will burst. So just keep dancing with the music and hope the exits will not be overcrowded or worse blocked when it stops.

Edited by pdx5, 16 May 2013 - 07:35 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#26 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Everybody thinks the big wreck will happen within the year after Bernanke leaves. Thread aside, it's been amusing for sometime that the same three have been busily chasing down any threads that call for a correction or a bear.

#27 CNSZ

CNSZ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

I still remember ogm was almost the only bear posting and I more than once was the only full short like today just before financial crisis. Hope we win again. Lol And I never get a chance to say thank you for recommended MPEL, it turn out to be one of the best investment I have ever made. So thanks a lot ogm.

#28 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

yup.
i think the FEDs can hear market participants screaming foul.,..gtf out of the free markets. which is turning into an embarrassment or will after they
destroy free market trading.

free market trading is alive and well............thinking the fed has something to do with a raging bull market is nothing but sour grapes.......the US stock market is discounting a coming inflationary world wide economic boom of unparalleled proportions........fueled by the worlds flight to free enterprise and capitalism.....the multinationals that make up the dow 30 will be and are being the prime beneficiaries of this boom........they are sweeping the globe.........watch the sky ...675 ono ;)

#29 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Most entertaining thread of the day!
I love food fights!! :lol:

IT Trend is up and that is all I am going by. Even though I agree with
everything OGM said. I have no compunction making money even though
it means going along with the scoundrels and Ponzi's. All I know for sure is
that this will not end well. But I also have no idea when the bubble will burst.
So just keep dancing with the music and hope the exits will not be overcrowded
or worse blocked when it stops.

> But I also have no idea when the bubble will burst.<......and for over a quarter century that mensa Prechter has had the same problem.......why after all these years and thousands of points up would you want to associate your thinking to the losers of history..... B)

#30 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

I hope this isn't the beginning of a food fight that leads to "vacations" from posting.

:lol:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV