• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

> But I also have no idea when the bubble will burst.<......and for over a quarter century that mensa Prechter has had the same problem.......why after all these years and thousands of points up would you want to associate your thinking to the losers of history..... B)

Fact: Inflation adjusted, DJI is 30% below all time high. When I go to the stores,
I can't pay with DJI, I have to pay with cash.

If you surmised my post correctly, I am still long and will stay long until market starts to misbehave.

By saying "this will not end well" I am talking about a crash similar to 1987, 2001, 2009.
I do not mean to imply end of financial markets. World wide Inflationary boom is inevitable due to 1/2 of world's population in Asian countries growing economies.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#32 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

our signal is off again. that is just how they've worked the fast sell signals recently which is to Gap the markets up at the open . signals are dynamic and price trending sell signals must go on and off with price movement. thus a any down day that has no follow thru VOIDs the sell signals. which is one reason why markets are being pushed to new highs. these highs also provide an added benefit of price support on any 10%-15% pullback as it would still result in a higher technical level for price. this being Opt Ex Feel Good Friday i dont expect the Sell Signal to return today. as mentioned earlier this week we may need to move up to OE for a volume spike. not sure if we will get here and only under normally traded markets would it have its normal effects. that said here are my reversal turning points going into the close and monday. again the signal is and would need to see a complete reversal for the day and no gains to come back. ...and they know it too. they know just as much as anyone else in the technical world. SPX 1647 NDX 2996 RUT 983 INDU 15260

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#33 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,018 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

...thinking the fed has something to do with a raging bull market is nothing but sour grapes.......the US stock market is discounting a coming inflationary world wide economic boom of unparalleled proportions..

I have to differ on this. The Fed is pumping money.

http://research.stlo.../fred2/graph/?s[1][id]=AMBNS

They've EXPLICITLY SAID THAT THEY WANT HIGHER PRICES.

I think it only fair to blame the people who have said what they want and have the power to make happen for making it happen.

And, it's obvious. So why fight it? It's going to go in until we have enough strength in the economy to let it stop. And maybe longer.

And yes, this inflation is going to drive earnings and ultimately growth but the trick will be, how much real growth? That's an open question...also one that really means nothing to us. If you're worried about real growth, you hedge the dollar even as you buy our market, I think.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#34 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

...thinking the fed has something to do with a raging bull market is nothing but sour grapes.......the US stock market is discounting a coming inflationary world wide economic boom of unparalleled proportions..

I have to differ on this. The Fed is pumping money.

http://research.stlo.../fred2/graph/?s[1][id]=AMBNS

They've EXPLICITLY SAID THAT THEY WANT HIGHER PRICES.

I think it only fair to blame the people who have said what they want and have the power to make happen for making it happen.

And, it's obvious. So why fight it? It's going to go in until we have enough strength in the economy to let it stop. And maybe longer.

And yes, this inflation is going to drive earnings and ultimately growth but the trick will be, how much real growth? That's an open question...also one that really means nothing to us. If you're worried about real growth, you hedge the dollar even as you buy our market, I think.

Mark

the day will come when the fed is out of the picture.....rates will accelerate their rise.........and the stock market will keep going up anyway........and fear will continue to rise with price......as the epicenter of primary wave 3 up explodes in its once in a lifetime move.... ;)

#35 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

as the epicenter of primary wave 3 up explodes in its once in a lifetime move....

I heard a guy say that once... and the market was cut in half not long after.
All the way down to 666.

Then the same guy said that's when he got in. :lol:

#36 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

as the epicenter of primary wave 3 up explodes in its once in a lifetime move....

I heard a guy say that once... and the market was cut in half not long after.
All the way down to 666.

Then the same guy said that's when he got in. :lol:

is that all you got left to do? sad :lol:

#37 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Back in August 2007, the market made a seemingly important low at 1370.60, causing one prophecy to be made that it would never be seen again saying:
"1374 will never be seen again in our lifetime...mark this down".

I did mark it down. Then the market lost 1/2 its value and the snorting stopped.
No snorting posts were made all the way down. Nothing.

It appears that perma-bulls can say that they "bought" every low... cause they were all in from the top. ???
So it makes their constant snorts less than Super.

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 May 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#38 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Back in August 2007, the market made a seemingly important low at 1370.60, causing one prophecy to be made that it would never be seen again saying:
"1374 will never be seen again in our lifetime...mark this down".

I did mark it down. Then the market lost 1/2 its value and the snorting stopped.
No posts were made. Nothing.

Perma-bulls can say that they "bought" every low... cause they were all in from the top.
So it makes their constant snorts less than Super.

Posted Image

Whats your problem......i have never ever called you out on anything. you want perfection??? well nobody provides that now do they.....