Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

Common Professions of the Narcissist

Narcissists are clustered in:

politics & corporate management
military & law enforcement
medicine & teaching & clergy
sports & show business

Why is this?

Narcissists seek atention. They are drama queens.
They relate to you as a superior, not an equal. They don't think anyone is equal to them.
They crave applause, adulation and obedience.

They need this input from others to regulate their sense of self-worth.

"You can't oppose migrants because we all migrated from Africa"

A lot of the social justice causes are really just narcissism. The "rights selfie" in which activists are lovingly photographed weeping over some issue is the absolute nadir of this phenomenon. People taking their own pictures as a narcissistic display of how much they care.

http://www.frontpage...niel-greenfield
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#42 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

A lot of the social justice causes are really just narcissism. The "rights selfie" in which activists are lovingly photographed weeping over some issue is the absolute nadir of this phenomenon. People taking their own pictures as a narcissistic display of how much they care.

A pro-migrant, open borders activist is reported to be “very sad” after being stabbed twice in the back by a gang of “Arabs” as he stood outside a pizzeria in Dresden, east Germany.

The cause is redolent of another unfortunate recent case in which a fellow open borders activist decided to hush up her own gang-rape by African migrants.

Volunteering on the French-Italian border in a migrant camp, the woman was cornered in a shower block by a gang of Sudanese men, but kept the event to herself for a month because she and her colleagues feared it would slow the progress of their ideal of a world without borders.

http://www.breitbart...d-migrant-gang/
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#43 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

Republican Speaker of the House and former high school wrestling coach Dennis Hastert to get new wrestling partners.

Hastert Pleads Guilty

Hastert Case Renews Discussion on Stautes of Limitation for Sex Crimes

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#44 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

stocks, on 29 May 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:snapback.png

Centralization and Sociopathology 

Concentrated power and wealth are intrinsically sociopathological by their very nature. 

The Reality-Denying Politicization of the English Language

The Library of Congress recently banned not just the term “illegal alien” in subject headings for literature about immigration, but “alien” as well. Will changing the vocabulary mean that from now on, foreign nationals who choose to enter and reside in the United States without being naturalized will not be in violation of the law and will no longer be considered citizens of their homeland?

Administration heads have airbrushed out Islamic terrorism by referring to it with phrases such as “man-caused disaster.” The effort to combat terrorism was called an “overseas contingency operation,” perhaps like Haitian earthquake relief.

The White House wordsmiths should reread George Orwell’s 1946 essay “Politics and the English Language,” which warned that “political writing is bad writing” and “has to consist largely of euphemism.”

Instead of “suspected global warming” or “episodic global warming,” the new term “climate change” was invented. That way, new realities could emerge. Changes of all sorts — historic snows, record cold, California drought, El Nino storms — could all be lumped together, supposedly caused by man-made carbon emissions.

Volatile weather such as tornadoes, tsunamis, and hurricanes was sometimes rebranded as “climate chaos” — as if Western industry and consumer lifestyles were responsible for what used to be seen as fairly normal occurrences.

The term “sanctuary cities” describes municipalities that in neo-Confederate fashion deny the primacy of federal immigration law and refuse to enforce it.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch used the term “justice-involved youth” to describe young criminals arrested and charged with crimes. 

Read more at: http://www.nationalr...president-obama

-- -

#45 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

Obama: Snowden’s not a patriot, but here are some long overdue NSA reforms that he forced me to make

A former aide to NSA critic Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) blasted Obama for claiming that he wanted a debate on the NSA, when the White House did almost everything in its power to keep Wyden from having one. Jennifer Hoelzer points out that the time to have these debates would have been the several times Congress voted to reauthorize the PATRIOT Act and FISA laws during Obama’s term, and yet the President never said a word:

Obama:
I think the main thing I want to emphasize is, I don't have an interest and the people of the NSA don't have an interest in doing anything other than making sure that where we can prevent a terrorist attack, where we can get information ahead of time, that we're able to carry out that critical task. We do not have an interest in doing anything other than that.

Obama's claim is incorrect. He has all sorts of interests besides preventing terrorist attacks -- political interests, ideological interests, legacy interests, ego interests. The folks at the NSA want to stop terrorist attacks. But they have other interests too. Many want to increase the power they enjoy in their narrow realm; they want to perpetuate and expand their agency ... and some, like Snowden, have totally unexpected interests, like transparency. It caused him to flee with all sorts of sensitive information. Am I to believe that no employee or contractor would possibly abscond for less noble reasons? Or break agency rules in secret for nefarious purposes?

That's absurd.

The surveillance debate is arguably the most important of our era.

Yet throughout the surveillance debate, the executive branch, including Obama, has lied, obfuscated, and misled the American people in a variety of ways. Before Edward Snowden's leaks, they could at least tell themselves that the disinformation was serving the purpose of keeping al-Qaeda operates from learning the general contours of our surveillance capabilities. But today, when that excuse has long since expired, Obama is still lying, obfuscating, and misleading the American people. In doing so, he is preventing representative democracy from functioning as well as it might. With the stakes so high, and his performance so dubious in so many places, Friday's speech has got to be one of the low points of his presidency.

http://www.theatlant...sidency/278565/

POST ABOVE FROM 2013

-- -

#46 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

2013:  

Obama:

"I think the main thing I want to emphasize is, I don't have an interest and the people of the NSA don't have an interest in doing anything other than making sure that where we can prevent a terrorist attack, where we can get information ahead of time, that we're able to carry out that critical task. We do not have an interest in doing anything other than that."

Obama's claim is incorrect. He has all sorts of interests besides preventing terrorist attacks -- political interests, ideological interests, legacy interests, ego interests. The folks at the NSA want to stop terrorist attacks. But they have other interests too. Many want to increase the power they enjoy in their narrow realm; they want to perpetuate and expand their agency ... and some, like Snowden, have totally unexpected interests, like transparency. 

The surveillance debate is arguably the most important of our era.

2017:    

The U.S. intelligence community is in the midst of a severe crisis. It has been used, or perhaps allowed itself to be used, as a tool of political destruction, against some of the same U.S. citizens it was created to protect.  

Watching Evelyn Farkas admit on TV that the Obama administration wanted the intelligence community to “get as much information as you can” before Donald Trump took office resembles some sort of social science experiment gone bad — and it frames the problems wrought by PC/political brainwashing. Here a mid-level official, permanently dwelling in a bubble of progressive liberalism, acknowledged being complicit in the breaking of U.S. ethics rules and perhaps law — because, as she explained, that’s what they needed to do!   

Farkus has all the right credentials: a Ph.D. and a career shuttling between academia, the government and the press that is the hallmark of the anointed “Washington insider” class. What is lacking, however, is any level of self-awareness, common sense or judgment. She is emblematic of the denizens of the Deep State that everyone in Washington likes to tell us doesn’t exist.  

http://thehill.com/b...nto-a-political

-- -

#47 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

People Who Prefer Listening to Rap Over Pop and Classical Music Are More Likely to by PSYCHOPATHS

If you’re a big fan of the rapper, Eminem, there’s a chance you’re also a psychopath, according to a new study.

Researchers have found that people with psychopathic traits prefer listening to rap music.

-- -

#48 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Richard Wagner would be jealous.

Wagner's Influence on Hitler

Hitler claimed that his Weltanschauung was derived from Wagner. His youthful reaction to Rienzi led him to exclaim 30 years later: 'It began at that hour'. In Mein Kampf, he praised Wagner as a great revolutionary and claimed to have no forerunner except Wagner.

RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#49 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

A former aide to NSA critic Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) blasted Obama for claiming that he wanted a debate on the NSA, when the White House did almost everything in its power to keep Wyden from having one. Jennifer Hoelzer points out that the time to have these debates would have been the several times Congress voted to reauthorize the PATRIOT Act and FISA laws during Obama’s term, and yet the President never said a word:

Really, Mr. President? Do you really expect me to believe that you give a darn about open debate and the democratic process? Because it seems to me if your Administration was really committed those things, your Administration wouldn’t have blocked every effort to have an open debate on these issues each time the laws that your Administration claims authorizes these programs came up for reauthorization, which — correct me if I am wrong — is when the democratic process recommends as the ideal time for these debates.

Dershowitz on Cohen Wiretap: I Don't Want To Live In A Surveillance State, I Do Not Trust Government

Alan Dershowitz called out the ACLU and liberal Democrats who used to be skeptical of law enforcement but now are "prepared to give up our basic civil liberties in exchange for getting Trump." 

ALAN DERSHOWITZ: I think we are moving closer and closer to the surveillance state where phone calls are tapped, where e-mails are secured without a real basis.

https://www.realclea...government.html

-- -

#50 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

-

Why do we have this secret FISA court to begin with? One thing  is now certain – it’s not to catch terrorists.

In Russia-gate we see the real purpose of the system of universal surveillance: to track and control the channels of dissidence in this country. Centralized in the upper reaches of the “intelligence” community, such a store of knowledge can be weaponized at a moment’s notice.

This time they were weaponized in an attempt to overthrow the duly elected government of the United States . There are people in this country – powerful people – who feel entitled to the almost unlimited power they wield. They will stop at nothing to preserve and defend it.

We can and must defeat them by disempowering the instruments of control – the FBI, the CIA, and the entire national security bureaucracy – and making an example in this most egregious case. John Brennan must be charged and prosecuted. The FBI cabal that turned a federal law enforcement agency into an arm of an incipient police state must be held accountable in a court of law.   https://original.ant...nterrevolution/

The Establishment Counterrevolution has been defeated – but only for now. They’ll be back, and so must we – ready to fight to keep what we have won.

-- -