July 4 Right to Life

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

What does it mean to have an unalienable Right to Life?

It means that we are not on this earth to follow a career, or to be a creative artist, or a political activist. It means that our job has to do with Life, its creation, its birth, its nurturing, its preservation.

We humans are here on this earth firstly to attend to Life. And for the vast majority, a life that ignores Life is a life wasted. In other words, a life without children is a life of folly. The fact that we have loosened the bonds of custom to allow people to live lives oblivious the facts of Life means that people are free to make the life-wasting decision to utterly ignore the importance of Life. The right has responded to this by attempting to legislate boundaries to abortion, but I think that is a mistake. We criminalize too much in our society.

We should build a culture that celebrates Life, that judges a childless life to be an incomplete life. We should build a culture that makes abortion safe, legal, and shameful. We should brand sexual libertines as selfish children. But let's keep the criminal law out of it.

http://americanmanif...-happiness.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

What does it mean to have an unalienable Right to Life?

It means that we are not on this earth to follow a career, or to be a creative artist, or a political activist. It means that our job has to do with Life, its creation, its birth, its nurturing, its preservation.

We humans are here on this earth firstly to attend to Life. And for the vast majority, a life that ignores Life is a life wasted. In other words, a life without children is a life of folly. The fact that we have loosened the bonds of custom to allow people to live lives oblivious the facts of Life means that people are free to make the life-wasting decision to utterly ignore the importance of Life. The right has responded to this by attempting to legislate boundaries to abortion, but I think that is a mistake. We criminalize too much in our society.

We should build a culture that celebrates Life, that judges a childless life to be an incomplete life. We should build a culture that makes abortion safe, legal, and shameful. We should brand sexual libertines as selfish children. But let's keep the criminal law out of it.

http://americanmanif...-happiness.html

I believe you mean "inalienable" NOT "unalienable".

You make a huge leap to suggest "life" has anything to do with creation, birth or abortion.

I would adjust your abortion statement to "safe, legal and avoidable".

Shameful is easy for those lives aren't constrained by poverty or the lack of nurturing instincts.

We can brand people any way we wish but human nature is as it is and has always been.

Sexual drive is as powerful as the need to eat and some are uncontrollable gluttons and some are irresponsible sexual libertines.

For those who can't control their appetites in either area, damage control is paramount.

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

We should build a culture that celebrates Life, that judges a childless life to be an incomplete life. We should brand sexual libertines as selfish children.

Men Who Never Grow Up – The ‘Puer Aeturnus Complex’

Puer Aeturnus is Latin for ‘Eternal Youth’. It is a concept from the psychology of Carl Jung and applies to those men who, even though they’re in their 30’s, 40’s or 50’s have retained the emotional characteristics of an adolescent.

The Puer is impulsive and impatient, has a low frustration tolerance and does not reflect. He isn’t only threatened by aging, but also by self-discipline, patience, duty, endurance and accepting limitations. There is no time for standing still, tolerating conflict and solving problems. He has to be on the move “where the action is”.

Problems also arise when adapting to society. The Puer envisions himself as a bringer of meaning, rather than one who has to adapt. The inflated feelings of being superior, along with arrogance and defiance lead to difficulties at work and in relationships.

Quite a few Puers don’t make it to mid-life; many of them die early in the ‘fast lane’ of drugs or impulsive adventure. Some get lost in religious militancy or sell out to the ‘company’. Without consciousness, men with a Puer Aeternus complex always become victims to their impulsiveness and self-destructiveness or to collective movements like pathological materialism, political extremism or religious fanaticism.

http://drpetermilhado.com/puer_complex

Edited by stocks, 06 July 2013 - 10:33 AM.

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#4 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Stocks Why is it that you post incessantly but never respond to others? It seems you have a doctrine that ignores rational dispute. Hello, anyone home?

#5 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Puer Aeturnus is Latin for ‘Eternal Youth’. It is a concept from the psychology of Carl Jung and applies to those men who, even though they’re in their 30’s, 40’s or 50’s have retained the emotional characteristics of an adolescent.

Left-Wing Actor Alec Baldwin Is An Example of An Adult With the Emotional Characteristics of an Adolescent

On an AA flight at LAX. Alec Baldwin was removed from the plane for throwing a tantrum.

"Apparently he said he was playing a game, but he was actually talking on the phone. She [the flight attendant] was very nice. The door was closed they just announced that they were pulling away from the gate. He got up threw his papers on the floor stormed into the bathroom slammed the door closed, beat on the wall and then came back."

"He said 'If you want to kick me off, kick me off.' He was just crazy, he just flipped out, the guy has problems."

A crew member who dealt with the hotheaded Hollywood actor said he couldn't stay on the flight.

"He was violent, abusive and aggressive. He got into the bathroom and started beating on the wall and he pounded his fists on the galley counter. Yelling, screaming, very ugly. It was unsafe to keep him on board that's why he got kicked out."

The crew member did not want to give her name, but said she asked him five times to get off his phone.

"He was asked five times. I contacted the captain. We were brought back in and he was let off the plane."

http://www.nypost.co...lAWEveH4IMoa4YK
-- -

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Left-Wing Actor Alec Baldwin Is An Example of An Adult With the Emotional Characteristics of an Adolescent

On an AA flight at LAX. Alec Baldwin was removed from the plane for throwing a tantrum.

"Apparently he said he was playing a game, but he was actually talking on the phone. She [the flight attendant] was very nice. The door was closed they just announced that they were pulling away from the gate. He got up threw his papers on the floor stormed into the bathroom slammed the door closed, beat on the wall and then came back."

"He said 'If you want to kick me off, kick me off.' He was just crazy, he just flipped out, the guy has problems."

A crew member who dealt with the hotheaded Hollywood actor said he couldn't stay on the flight.

"He was violent, abusive and aggressive. He got into the bathroom and started beating on the wall and he pounded his fists on the galley counter. Yelling, screaming, very ugly. It was unsafe to keep him on board that's why he got kicked out."

The crew member did not want to give her name, but said she asked him five times to get off his phone.

"He was asked five times. I contacted the captain. We were brought back in and he was let off the plane."

http://www.nypost.co...lAWEveH4IMoa4YK

Oh, come on! Everyone knows American Airlines has apologized to Alec Baldwin for the overbearing and inappropriate "domineering right-wing mother" behavior of the airline.

CAPT. STEVE ROGERS APLOGIZES FOR THE AIRLINE

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#7 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Anthony Weiner is the perfect embodiment of the modern liberal beta male, who assures his better half of her moral superiority with his sheepish apologies for a pattern of behavior that everyone knows he will repeat.

In a society without moral values, shame is theater. There is no content to it, only a ritual that the shamed must pass through for the entertainment of the masses. The society that the values revolution made has has no room for moral judgement and yet it needs its entertainments, its circuses and serial humiliations.

http://sultanknish.b...d-of-shame.html
-- -

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Stocks

Why is it that you post incessantly but never respond to others?

It seems you have a doctrine that ignores rational dispute.

Hello, anyone home?

Oh, he's probably home but if he can't hear you, it is probably because, like the perfect embodiment of conservative males who dote on prominent liberal guys like Baldwin and Weiner, he's hiding in the closet.

:P

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#9 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Anthony Weiner is the perfect embodiment of the modern liberal beta male, who assures his better half of her moral superiority with his sheepish apologies for a pattern of behavior that everyone knows he will repeat.

San Diego Mayor Filner has asked the city to pay the legal fees he'll be incurring defending the many sexual harassment suits against him.

Filner was a founding member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus

Despite my efforts on Twitter yesterday to shame the media into interviewing Democratic officials who covered for "Fingers" Filner, and the assemblywoman who says she was threatened into supporting him, it appears they are shameless and they just don't care.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/342097.php

Edited by stocks, 31 July 2013 - 12:59 PM.

-- -

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

PINK ELEPHANTS ON PARADE

Q: How many Republican politicians can you fit in the closet?

A: Evidently, all of them.

;)