• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Men Who Never Grow Up – The ‘Puer Aeturnus Complex’

Puer Aeturnus is Latin for ‘Eternal Youth’. It is a concept from the psychology of Carl Jung and applies to those men who, even though they’re in their 30’s, 40’s or 50’s have retained the emotional characteristics of an adolescent.

Left-Wing Actor Alec Baldwin Is An Example of An Adult With the Emotional Characteristics of an Adolescent

On an AA flight at LAX. Alec Baldwin was removed from the plane for throwing a tantrum.

Report: Alec Baldwin to Host MSNBC Show :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are some of his most memorable moments.

1. “Rude, thoughtless little pig” — In 1998, Baldwin berated his eleven-year-old daughter, Ireland, for not answering his phone call. “You are a rude, thoughtless little pig,” he said in a voicemail, “You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being.” Baldwin went on to lambaste his ex-wife and Ireland’s mother actress Kim Basinger as “a thoughtless pain in the {bleeeep}.”

2. “Stone Henry Hyde to death” — That same year, in the midst of Clinton’s impeachment proceeding, Baldwin told Conan O’Brien’s audience that in other countries, “we would stone [Republican congressman] Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families.” Baldwin became very animated in his rant, motioning to the crowd to get excited. Hyde served as chief prosecutor during the Clinton trial and argued that Congress had a “civic duty” to impeach the president for perjury

3. Words with Friends — Baldwin was tossed off an American Airlines flight in 2011 for refusing to turn off his cell phone prior to the plane’s takeoff; he was reportedly playing the Scrabble-like game Words with Friends on his phone. Baldwin became angry with flight attendants, forcing the plane to go back to the gate. One passenger tweeted “terrible that everyone had to wait” to takeoff because of Baldwin. His spokesman’s explanation? “He loves ‘Words with Friends’ so much that he was willing to leave a plane for it.”

4. “Coon, a drug dealer” — In February of this year, Baldwin had a confrontation with a female reporter and a black photographer. When reporter Tara Palmeri approached Baldwin with a question, he grabbed her by the arm and threatened, “I want you to choke to death.” Baldwin then turned to the photographer, G. N. Miller, and called him a “coon, a drug dealer.” When later informed that Miller was a former NYPD detective, Baldwin tweeted in disbelief that Miller “claims he’s ex NYPD!! That can’t be!!! Ex NYPD don’t become crackhead, ex jailhouse paparazzi!”

5. “Toxic little queen” — In June, Baldwin took to Twitter to express his outrage at a reporter who accused his wife of tweeting during the funeral of James Gandolfini. Baldwin called the Daily Mail’s George Stevens a “toxic little queen” and said that he was going to “straighten out this f***ing little b****.” Baldwin quickly deleted the tweets and his account.

http://www.nationalr...-andrew-johnson
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

Jesse Jackson Jr’s ‘Staggering’ Fall From Grace

Staggering” is how Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves described the alleged crimes committed by former Illinois Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife, Sandra Stevens Jackson. Earlier this year, the two pleaded guilty to using nearly $750,000 in campaign funds to pay for luxury items, from gold-plated Rolex watches and Michael Jackson memorabilia to thousands of dollars in furs and other clothing.

http://www.thedailyb...from-grace.html
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#13 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Such a fixation you have with BAD BOYS.

What's up with that?!

:D

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#14 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Jesse Jackson Jr’s ‘Staggering’ Fall From Grace

Staggering” is how Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves described the alleged crimes committed by former Illinois Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife, Sandra Stevens Jackson. Earlier this year, the two pleaded guilty to using nearly $750,000 in campaign funds to pay for luxury items, from gold-plated Rolex watches and Michael Jackson memorabilia to thousands of dollars in furs and other clothing.

http://www.thedailyb...from-grace.html

Forget the tears — the Jacksons know they got off easy

What's odious about the Jackson case is the carefully leaked media spin that the theft was the result of Junior's reported mental problems.

Though the Jacksons might play the wounded spirits, they've got to be celebrating. They're not naive. They've had their behinds smooched for years in Chicago. Each graduated from law school. So they know the rules.

Just try stealing $10,000 and see how much time you'll get. Knock off a gas station for a few hundred dollars and get caught and see what the judge gives you.

far outside the courtroom, in their own homes or at what jobs they can find, were hundreds of millions of Americans who pay their bills and play by the rules and get slapped around by the political class.

http://www.sun-senti...585,full.column
-- -

#15 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

The Cesspool That is Hollywood

What if Miley Cyrus Grew Up in the Duck Dynasty Household?

Miley Cyrus is taking a bit of a beating for her performance on MTV's Video Music Awards.

Compare and contrast dads Billy Ray Cyrus and Willie Robertson: while both are Southern good ole boys, Billy Ray went Hollywood and Willie chose to stay backwoods. And there's the difference. Willie chose what is best for his family, while still being able to become an American success story. For the most part the Robertsons have kept it real -- that is, they've kept their lives family-centered, not celebrity-centered. Every show ends with the family seated around the dinner table in prayer. The message is very powerful, and the show's high ratings support that message.

On the other hand, Billy Ray, like many other stage moms and dads before him, pimped his daughter out to the highest bidder. He has thrown her to the wolves for his own gain, and they've devoured her with relish.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz2dSSKdHh1
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
-- -

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

What if Miley Cyrus Grew Up in the Duck Dynasty Household?

Miley Cyrus is taking a bit of a beating for her performance on MTV's Video Music Awards.

Compare and contrast dads Billy Ray Cyrus and Willie Robertson: while both are Southern good ole boys, Billy Ray went Hollywood and Willie chose to stay backwoods. And there's the difference. Willie chose what is best for his family, while still being able to become an American success story. For the most part the Robertsons have kept it real -- that is, they've kept their lives family-centered, not celebrity-centered. Every show ends with the family seated around the dinner table in prayer. The message is very powerful, and the show's high ratings support that message.

On the other hand, Billy Ray, like many other stage moms and dads before him, pimped his daughter out to the highest bidder. He has thrown her to the wolves for his own gain, and they've devoured her with relish.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz2dSSKdHh1
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Actually, had a hottie like Miley grown up in the deep dumb teenage-pregnancy cesspool (your word, not mine) of the south (including Duckland, Louisiana) instead of Hollywood, she would have been more likely to have been pregnant and a mom at least once in high school. That's according to CDC stats, not some random backwoods opinion by some non-thinking fool at "AmericanThinker" (he could have looked this stuff up too).

STATE DISPARITIES IN TEENAGE BIRTH RATES IN THE UNITED STATES

Posted Image

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#17 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Actually, had a hottie like Miley grown up in the deep dumb teenage-pregnancy cesspool (your word, not mine) of the south (including Duckland, Louisiana) instead of Hollywood, she would have been more likely to have been pregnant and a mom at least once in high school. That's according to CDC stats, not some random backwoods opinion by some non-thinking fool at "AmericanThinker" (he could have looked this stuff up too).

Actually it is your words and very slanted. If you are going to "cherry pick" charts on whites only suggests you might have a small racists problem. Based on some of your other posts you might have a problem with all Southerns.

When blasting someones post, it is good to offer different facts, not flamitory opinions.
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#18 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

Actually it is your words and very slanted. If you are going to "cherry pick" charts on whites only suggests you might have a small racists problem. Based on some of your other posts you might have a problem with all Southerns.

When blasting someones post, it is good to offer different facts, not flamitory opinions.
mss

Picked the chart solely because it was the most relevant to Miley. There are other charts of course for Hispanic and black teenagers' birth rates, but these numbers are just for white teenagers because she's white.

The fact I offered was the fact that CDC statistics for white teenaged birth rates in the South directly refute the ridiculous opinion in the "AmericanThinker" piece that all of Hollywood is a cesspool and its children are "kid starlets turned happy hookers" because of one tawdry performance by Miss Cyrus while Southerners and their children and close their days with clean homespun family gatherings and prayer. What a paintbrush that author wields! So if teenage births and pregnancies are surely a more serious measure than a single strut on stage, they make it plain before the South throws stones at Hollywood and California is needs to look to its own house. That wasn't an "flamitory" opinion -- it's a fact teenagers in the South get pregnant and have babies at a higher average than almost anywhere else in this country. In fact, the southern states have a virtual lock on the top-ten for those things (see the map above). Makes one wonder what a Southern Girl with her "Tupelo honey and her barn out back" is up to when her family dinner and prayers are done.

And speaking of "different facts", could you please reread that "AmericanThinker" article and clue me as the what was actually factual in the author's comments about Billy Ray Cyrus and his daughter, other than the fact they moved to California? "Billy Ray...pimped his daughter out to the highest bidder." That's a fact and not an inflammatory opinion? You gotta be kidding me.

Apparently most people around here agree with "stocks"'s opinions and can't see nearly everything he posts on this site is pure politics and for those of us who do not agree with his claptrap, they are inflammatory. Consequently, you're right my words are slanted and blasting because I chose them to blast back at this post. A cesspool for a "cesspool", so to speak. I've done that several times with "stocks" to see if I can get a rise out of him. None so far. Even here, I aimed my arrow at him and apparently hit you. And given that he never answers a direct question and often follows a disagreeing post with an non sequitur, I've begun to wonder if he's not just a computer program, an algorithm searching out key words to address, a sock puppet (or maybe he just works for Fox News :D ). I guess those things exist on the internet. My son tells me that kind of stuff, relentless as it is, eventually kills the site where it's going on. What we're doing right now it probably an example of what my son means. I admire your technical analysis and you've in the past said you've admired mine but here we are arguing with each over this irrelevant post this guy foisted on us. If you want to take the time to try find any worthwhile technical analysis from "stocks", could you post it here or send me the link? I'd be most interested in what it is.

And yeah, you're right, I have lots of problems in general with the South, almost too innumerable to list, but the kind of holier-than-thou hypocrisy in the above post and that "AmericanThinker" diatribe is pretty good place to start.

And by the way there are no "small racists" problems. That's like being a little bit pregnant. Down South, they know all about that.

And, of course, there are many things to like about the South, also almost too innumerable to list. I spend a lot of time in New Orleans and enjoy every minute of it. The people are gracious and the food is luscious and the music is fine. And of course we just had a celebration of the 50th anniversary with a huge gathering in Washington of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech (seventeen of the finest minutes in the history of oratory, in the history of America) at which no less than one current, and two former Presidents of the United States spoke, and a third, because of medical reasons, sent his eloquent regrets. That was a moving reminder of how great a son, not only of the South, but the country as well Dr. King was. Come to think it...if one ruled out Virginia with Washington and Jefferson, and concentrated on just the deep South, Dr. King was probably the region's greatest son.

Edited by diogenes227, 30 August 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#19 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ed Asner: Hollywood Anti-War Left Won’t Protest Syria to Avoid Feeling “Anti-Black”

it’s interesting that Ed Asner writes that they don’t want to “feel” anti-black, rather than be “seen” that way.

http://frontpagemag....ing-anti-black/
-- -

#20 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Ed Asner: Hollywood Anti-War Left Won’t Protest Syria to Avoid Feeling “Anti-Black”

it’s interesting that Ed Asner writes that they don’t want to “feel” anti-black, rather than be “seen” that way.

http://frontpagemag....ing-anti-black/

That article is totally incoherent. Kind of funny how the following comments keep trying to sort it out. He means this... No, he means this...

WTF does he mean?

Stocks, you ever read these links before you foist them on us? I mean beyond the masthead?

Edited by diogenes227, 10 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.