RARE

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 bigbud

bigbud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

irrelevant chief :) we want to find methods of reading the marked, and share them. In that way we can learn how to make money. Some guru throwing out directions is not very helpful in learing - how can we know that they will be here all the time always giving the right answers? If you are bullish, could you please share some thoughts (maybe I have missed some)? And not just some lines in the chart... :)

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

irrelevant chief :)

we want to find methods of reading the marked, and share them. In that way we can learn how to make money.
Some guru throwing out directions is not very helpful in learing - how can we know that they will be here all the time always giving the right answers?

If you are bullish, could you please share some thoughts (maybe I have missed some)? And not just some lines in the chart... :)

Since you have only been here for about 2 anda half years...you have missed out on a lot eh?

#13 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

what I like about Techman, is that there always is an observation
Not just a guru-statement saying we are going up or down :)

ya....but are you making any money....... ;)

yea..that's what my grandma would say...
or else it is all garbage in garbage out...replete with puffery, pixels and pageantry...it pontificates, regurgitates and ultimately distracts.....

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

what I like about Techman, is that there always is an observation
Not just a guru-statement saying we are going up or down :)

ya....but are you making any money....... ;)

yea..that's what my grandma would say...
or else it is all garbage in garbage out...replete with puffery, pixels and pageantry...it pontificates, regurgitates and ultimately distracts.....

sour grapes..... here try this on for size and go for it.... http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYS...r=1373075316611 ;)

#15 bigbud

bigbud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

the chief
you seem to have a habbit to go on person and not message (?)

I have in general been bearish since 2011. The rally until then was easy to see.
I mostly trade the Norwegian market, so I have missed the big upside in SPX. In Norway however, we have gone nowhere. Neither have many international markets.

So do we all rally another 2 years from here or not?
For Shanghai my weekly data projects downside until September, then possibly lower after a bounce
For SPX my weekly data project a top this summer, and then down ~1 year
...but these projections may change, but until then, they give me a general bias.

My cycle work is rather bullish from here and into Aug-Sept. Somtimes however the cycles produce uncommon results, like 2006, 2008 and 2011.
Right now my work suggest we could see something similar, unelss we dont :)

Norway:
Posted Image

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

the chief
you seem to have a habbit to go on person and not message (?)

I have in general been bearish since 2011. The rally until then was easy to see.
I mostly trade the Norwegian market, so I have missed the big upside in SPX. In Norway however, we have gone nowhere. Neither have many international markets.

So do we all rally another 2 years from here or not?
For Shanghai my weekly data projects downside until September, then possibly lower after a bounce
For SPX my weekly data project a top this summer, and then down ~1 year
...but these projections may change, but until then, they give me a general bias.

My cycle work is rather bullish from here and into Aug-Sept. Somtimes however the cycles produce uncommon results, like 2006, 2008 and 2011.
Right now my work suggest we could see something similar, unelss we dont :)

Norway:
Posted Image

the oslo all share index is on the verge of an all time high.

that norway chart is just a reflection of other indexes......the whole world is in lock step chart wise to varying degrees.....norway market ewave structure along with every other world market indexes remains in the early stages of the epicenter of primary wave 3 up

Edited by da_cheif, 08 July 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#17 bigbud

bigbud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

well, I am actually only interested in the next few months, where the Norwegian index is suggesting that we make a shoulder and a lower low :) Same for FTSE and DAX, while SPX could reach the top of the range first. Timewise it should be sometime this week

#18 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

well, I am actually only interested in the next few months, where the Norwegian index is suggesting that we make a shoulder and a lower low :)
Same for FTSE and DAX, while SPX could reach the top of the range first. Timewise it should be sometime this week

so what happened in the last few months for you...... the market really doesnt care what anybody is interested in .....'"Shoulder and lower low".......your looking at that chart with a bearish mindset........thats easy....anybody can do it.......try looking at the chart with a bullish mindset........now thats the hard stuff eh. ;)

Edited by da_cheif, 08 July 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#19 bigbud

bigbud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

look, I dont have a bearish mind... but bearish signals. they give me an edge or bias, until they dont (are canceled). No setup has a 100% probability, and at some point the setup must fulfill or cancel. At the moment I have a bearish setup for Norway, and at the same time I have many buy-signals. This is normal in this setup, with a bounce up around 50MA, often a bit higher. Some time later this week, or the next, it will resolve into something. Right now it says look for short the coming days. We may dip, and do another upswing, and that could be another sell-setup in ~1 week. Sometime in this period I may loose the setup, and may have to switch to bullish. WeŽll see :)

#20 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

RARE???........THE epicenter of primary wave 3 up is a once in a lifetime event......its gonna scare the crap outta you......675.0n0 n how rare is that....... ;)

Nothing is going to scare the crap out of nobody.

Essentially, we're all just sharing our observations of what's going on in the market. The market is the final arbiter. And, we'll see how it all plays out.

=================

bigbud - As always, thanks for sharing your work.