seasonal weak time of the year

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

this is a slow process . it seems like it should be imminent , however it takes more time than i think there are many irons in the fire sure looks to me like we finished this corrective wave. oscillators are moving down i have been watching the 76 low in gold and comparing it to the present market, lots of similarities and if they continue, we are about to launch soon i am not sold on the lows being in. not enough information yet however doesnt mean this rally cant continue. coming to a better seasonal period for gold starting after about the 7th(armstrong has the 7th for the low) dharma gofo 1-2-3 months still negative, its got to be a record. but as long as spot supply is scarce, then it will be difficult for the shorts to make headway

#12 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

this is a slow process . it seems like it should be imminent , however it takes more time than i think
there are many irons in the fire
sure looks to me like we finished this corrective wave.
oscillators are moving down
i have been watching the 76 low in gold and comparing it to the present market, lots of similarities and
if they continue, we are about to launch soon
i am not sold on the lows being in. not enough information yet
however doesnt mean this rally cant continue.
coming to a better seasonal period for gold starting after about the 7th(armstrong has the 7th for the low)
dharma
gofo 1-2-3 months still negative, its got to be a record. but as long as spot supply is scarce, then it will be difficult for the shorts
to make headway

agree, maybe the miner's bottom on the 6th or 7th, gold and silver charts look bullish to me for at least a rally to new recovery highs, Plat and Palladium look very bullish to me and copper is coming off a successful retest of it's June lows, I think a slow turn is underway in the entire metals universe

and BTW the dollar has had a nasty reversal south today after the recent bounce, take out the recent 81.40 low and it could go into a death spiral. muy interesting times

BSing away

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 02 August 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

this is a slow process . it seems like it should be imminent , however it takes more time than i think
i have been watching the 76 low in gold and comparing it to the present market, lots of similarities and
coming to a better seasonal period for gold starting after about the 7th(armstrong has the 7th for the low)
dharma
gofo 1-2-3 months still negative, its got to be a record. but as long as spot supply is scarce, then it will be difficult for the shorts
to make headway

agree, maybe the miner's bottom on the 6th or 7th, gold and silver charts look bullish to me for at least a rally to new recovery highs, Plat and Palladium look very bullish to me and copper is coming off a successful retest of it's June lows, I think a slow turn is underway in the entire metals universe

and BTW the dollar has had a nasty reversal south today after the recent bounce, take out the recent 81.40 low and it could go into a death spiral. muy interesting times

BSing away

Senor

agree! there are so many potential irons in the fire. no wonder ben is looking for the exit. i mean all it takes is to change all the parameters and you have a gdp growth of whatever % you make up! not hard . or smash gold , that makes everything look better
jim rogers
India: Looking Back At The Last 5 Years
“The government’s gotten worse; India’s gotten worse; the debt’s gotten worse; inflations gotten worse; the economy’s gotten worse… everything’s gotten worse.”
and they have disallowed the buying of gold!

dharma

Edited by dharma, 02 August 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

dharma
to make headway

BSing away

Senor

agree! there are so many potential irons in the fire. no wonder ben is looking for the exit. i mean all it takes is to change all the parameters and you have a gdp growth of whatever % you make up! not hard . or smash gold , that makes everything look better
jim rogers
“The government’s gotten worse; India’s gotten worse; the debt’s gotten worse; inflations gotten worse; the economy’s gotten worse… everything’s gotten worse.”
and they have disallowed the buying of gold!

dharma

The India situation is interesting, supression like they are trying almost never works in the longer term, wonder when it blows up in their face?

Senor

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

jim rogers India: Looking Back At The Last 5 Years “The government’s gotten worse; India’s gotten worse; the debt’s gotten worse; inflations gotten worse; the economy’s gotten worse… everything’s gotten worse.” - in Moneylife India senor the formation , forming in gold looks like an inverse h&s is forming or it coulod be a cup and handle, if that is the case it could be ready for a trip north dharma

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

jim rogers
“The government’s gotten worse; India’s gotten worse; the debt’s gotten worse; inflations gotten worse; the economy’s gotten worse… everything’s gotten worse.” - in Moneylife India

senor the formation , forming in gold looks like an inverse h&s is forming
or it coulod be a cup and handle, if that is the case it could be ready for a trip north
dharma

si si on formation, should end this decline in miners soon if that is the case

Senor

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

commercial cot getting closer and closer to being net long. its been a long while since that has occurred
http://news.goldseek.../1375471984.php
gofo 1.2.3 months still negative. where is the supply?!??
dharma

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

commercial cot getting closer and closer to being net long. its been a long while since that has occurred
http://news.goldseek.../1375471984.php
gofo 1.2.3 months still negative. where is the supply?!??
dharma

am lookin for Plat and Palladium to decline to wave DOS (of larger Tres) lows next few days, if my count is right they take off norte after that

PureBS

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 06 August 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

yes, i am watching palladium in particular. i do think there will be problems @the mines in s/africa. which will cause pal and plat to rise. jim rogers "If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification. Brokers promote the motion that everybody should diversity. But that is mainly to protect themselves. The way to get rich is to find what is good, focus on it, and concentrate your resources there." so far todays low is testing the .382 low that was also created the other day. and w/fridays cots the small specs /large specs are building their short positions, while the commercials are reducing theirs and working towards net long. seasonal lows complete around the 7th. i am noticing bottoms being formed in several commodities. so far the market is unable to make higher highs, now we see if it can create its 1st higher low. need to see it get some footing dharma

#20 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

yes, i am watching palladium in particular. i do think there will be problems @the mines in s/africa. which will cause pal and plat to rise.
jim rogers

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification. Brokers promote the motion that everybody should diversity. But that is mainly to protect themselves. The way to get rich is to find what is good, focus on it, and concentrate your resources there."
so far todays low is testing the .382 low that was also created the other day. and w/fridays cots the small specs /large specs are building their short positions, while the commercials are reducing theirs and working towards net long.
seasonal lows complete around the 7th.
i am noticing bottoms being formed in several commodities.
so far the market is unable to make higher highs, now we see if it can create its 1st higher low. need to see it get some footing
dharma

Yep - now's the point to turn - failure here could be problematic!

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p80138772266&a=310447657&r=6581.png

stubaby B)