MCO return to 0. ? for diogenese, fib, other breadth experts

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Your work reminds me a little of all those lines I would draw in those old Dow Jones stock guide books . Guys remember those? Man I had a pile of them.

What I remember were the old "Daily Graphs" books that would come by mail every week covering every issue traded in bar chart form.

If memory serves me, the NYSE was the blue book, the AMEX was the green book, but I'm not sure about the NASDAQ (or even if there was a book for that exchange to begin with).

It's also nice to see those who provide much of the better technical analysis here on the board were fortunate enough to have KWHY as our daily classroom.

Oh...and the one thing I miss from the old days on KWHY were the "clacker boards", and being able to watch them update the latest trades on chalkboard above the old PSE trading floor on Spring St.

Fib

I do not remember any Nas book either Fib (if there were some I am going to blame the 70's and early 80's) :lol: . Then Dow Jones consolidated to that light Gray and white, short and long guide.
Hey what about those pink sheet penny stock papers. I never messed with them but would look at them to try and gain knowledge. I did learn something from them to stay away from them. :lol: Good memories. OMG the hours looking at those things and hearing music.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#52 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

dots unless that's what you meant on the options guys. :lol:

spooks what do you say about this?

Writing options is probably the easiest way to profit from them. And I'd say that 4 or 5% of traders make money either writing or trading them. For myself, it took years to get comfortable with options, and make what I wanted. I only trade options 2 ways- weeklys, where I hit and run them real fast-or about a month and a half out-where I go a fair distance out of strike. Also, I RARELY trade options on indexes-almost always single equities.

#53 iloli way

iloli way

iloli = I'm Laws Of Line's I(eye)

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Your work reminds me a little of all those lines I would draw in those old Dow Jones stock guide books . Guys remember those? Man I had a pile of them.

Z, Simplify, complicate, back to simplify - journey of a trader.

A pro pitcher may throw like a child throwing pebble stone, look closely in slow mo, those fine lines of arm/hand/fingers ARE lethally different. B)

I also remember charts/news/letters/books come in mail box once a week, or from daisy-wheel printer thru human size sat-dish and b&w ibm286/386, scattered everywhere on the walls, floors or in designated futures binders with color fine pen lines any where should; and daily journal and hand drawn 15 min homemade graphs made every trading day; hungers for indicators, holy grail TA thru books, magazines, gurus subs, everything seemed never enuf, ...and binders after binders of lind-waldock's combo commodity statement got fatter and fatter... while 'great wall' of emptied 1.75l evan williams bottles got greater and greater ('sometimes' looked twisting too like in your paintings)... :lol: All that while raising a family of 7 without wiffie kick meow, and got retired from corp job 12 yrs ago, what a superman! ... oops, I need a binge-barf again b4 anyone gets pissed, ... anyhow, my beginning hayday - who cares, i'm bsing away anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol: gan-bei !
PRICE IS KING; LINE RULES! - Laws Of Line (LOL) Trading Systems
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#54 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

A pro pitcher may throw like a child throwing pebble stone, look closely in slow mo, those fine lines of arm/hand/fingers ARE lethally different. B)

I also remember charts/news/letters/books come in mail box once a week, or from daisy-wheel printer thru human size sat-dish and b&w ibm286/386, scattered everywhere on the walls, floors or in designated futures binders with color fine pen lines any where should; and daily journal and hand drawn 15 min homemade graphs made every trading day; hungers for indicators, holy grail TA thru books, magazines, gurus subs, everything seemed never enuf, ...and binders after binders of lind-waldock's combo commodity statement got fatter and fatter... while 'great wall' of emptied 1.75l evan williams bottles got greater and greater ('sometimes' looked twisting too like in your paintings)... :lol: All that while raising a family of 7 without wiffie kick meow, and got retired from corp job 12 yrs ago, what a superman! ... oops, I need a binge-barf again b4 anyone gets pissed, ... anyhow, my beginning hayday - who cares, i'm bsing away anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol: gan-bei !

gan bei.........amazing.....coincidink...next door to my art gallery a new chinese restaurant just opened for business....
\

https://www.facebook...anbeiChineseBar

#55 iloli way

iloli way

iloli = I'm Laws Of Line's I(eye)

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

gan bei.........amazing.....coincidink...next door to my art gallery a new chinese restaurant just opened for business....
\

https://www.facebook...anbeiChineseBar

FAROUT!

wow so i can buy you a drink for holiday breakfast, should i just call them deliver to the next door gallery for daa-cheif? ;)

yep, "Ganbei is the Chinese toasting equivalent of "cheers," except the Chinese version requires drinkers to drain their glasses in one swallow. ..."

hope its good food, sure hired good visual designer.

gan bei to your health!
PRICE IS KING; LINE RULES! - Laws Of Line (LOL) Trading Systems
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton