Wind Farm SLAUGHTER!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,861 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

SLAUGHTER: Wind farms kill 67 eagles in 5 years...

Scientists said their figure is likely to be “substantially” underestimated, since evil wind companies report eagle deaths voluntarily.
The study also excluded the deadliest place in the country for eagles, a cluster of wind farms in a northern California area known as Altamont Pass. Wind farms built there decades ago kill more than 60 per year.

It looks like BIG WIND is a greater danger to the environment than naturally occurring organic fuel.

But we can't drill for oil because we might step on a lizard... that no one has ever seen.
Yet we can kill endangered eagles IF it is with GREEN ENERGY!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 September 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

SLAUGHTER: Wind farms kill 67 eagles in 5 years...

Scientists said their figure is likely to be “substantially” underestimated, since evil wind companies report eagle deaths voluntarily.
The study also excluded the deadliest place in the country for eagles, a cluster of wind farms in a northern California area known as Altamont Pass. Wind farms built there decades ago kill more than 60 per year.

It looks like BIG WIND is a greater danger to the environment than naturally occurring organic fuel.

But we can't drill for oil because we might step on a lizard... that no one has ever seen.
Yet we can kill endangered eagles IF it is with GREEN ENERGY!

What a slaughter! Headline says 67 eagles in 5 years during the industry's ramp-up. The story says maybe as high as 85 since the "evil wind companies" report voluntarily. Okay, that's 85 in ten states in five years or about 17 eagles a year, 1.7 per state. :D

Throw in the other 40 states and you have .3 eagles killed by wind in the US per year. Point-three. Yes! Slaughter me off a thigh! :D

Let me say one thing about that "greater danger" -- Deep Water Horizon. As far as bird slaughters go, could you get back to me on this wind thing in say...what? 500 years? I'm sorry, I can't resist, gotta say one more thing -- Exxon Valdez. Get back to me on this wind slaughter thing in a century or so.

Great joke, Roger! :lol:

And by the way - FAN, up 5.5 percent at the moment in the 5 days since the latest NYSI upturn, approaching yet another new high for the year. That stuff blowing in the wind ain't eagle feathers, it's money.

http://stockcharts.c...78926299026.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,861 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

you have .3 eagles killed by wind in the US per year.

How many lizards would that be?

I guess you have selective reading ability.

But try reading again and notice what they excluded from the "voluntary" reporting.

And since you have mentioned the MONEY that can be made in destructive GREEN ENERGY, that does reveal a whole lot about it's real motive.

This is a criminal coverup that makes Halliburton look like the Sierra Club.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I guess you have selective reading ability.

Try reading again and notice what they excluded from the "voluntary" reporting.

But since you have mentioned the MONEY that can be made in destructive GREEN ENERGY, that does reveal a whole lot about it's real motive.

This is a criminal coverup that makes Halliburton look like the Sierra Club.

:D

Of course, if it's "voluntary" it must be every eagle in the world. And of course, we've never known an oil company that's ever told a lie. Particularly Halliburton. :lol:

By the way, you're knocking Green Energy for wanting to make money? Making money is "destructive"? In a free-market economy when has making money not been the "real motive"? I guess you've always secretly been against the fossil fuel industry ever making a dollar too? I gotta admit watching BP commercials in their post-poisoning of the Gulf, I sometimes think they must think they are a non-profit, charitable organization, and of course, obviously that can't be a lie. But I bet their real motive is making money too, ya think?

Green energy making money is a "criminal coverup"? Okay, if making money is criminal (how anti-capitalist are you?), then what does S.O.P. stand for in the oil industry?

By the way, the table below has been this week in the renewable energy stocks. How criminal!

Posted Image

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,861 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

OK.
Since money trumps possile or actual environmental damage to endangered species, let's celebrate North Dakota's natural organic energy!

"Last year North Dakota once again blew every state out of the water in economic growth."

ND workers see wages rise

Bismarck Is Lovely This Time of Year

North Dakota Bakken banks booming more than counterparts

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 September 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#6 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

It isn't just about Bald Eagles --- Golden Eagles, Osprey, etc. etc. are effected too! Plus there 1000s of other species.

The FACT is wind turbines in the United States kill 1.4 million birds and bats each year (according to a new peer-reviewed study).

Wind power generates only 3 percent of U.S. electricity, wind turbines kill 573,000 birds each year and 888,000 bats each year. Many of the birds and bats killed by wind turbines are endangered and protected species.

Little wonder why half the "Green" world is pi$$ed off at the other half.

Edited by *JB*, 16 September 2013 - 09:14 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Shattering documentary examines the biggest threat to avian life on the planet.

(Warning: not for the squeamish, the faint of heart, or any nutty Don Quixote attacking windmills.)

BIRD KILLS -- THE MUSICAL!

;)

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,861 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wind power generates only 3 percent of U.S. electricity, wind turbines kill 573,000 birds each year and 888,000 bats each year. Many of the birds and bats killed by wind turbines are endangered and protected species.

How many mammals have been killed by oil wells lately?
It may not be zero but I bet it's not a HALF MILLION PLUS!!!!
But for worshipers of Gaia, it's just a sacrifice to the gods of green.

Wind Turbines Blamed in Deaths of 600,000 Bats in '12...
BOULDER, Colo., Nov. 8 (UPI) -- Wind turbines killed at least 600,000 -- and possibly as many as 900,000 -- bats in the United States in 2012, researchers say.
Bats, which play an important role in the ecosystem as insect-eaters, are killed at wind turbines not only by collisions with moving turbine blades but also by the trauma resulting from sudden changes in air pressure that occur near a fast-moving blade, the study said.
Study author Mark Hayes of the University of Colorado notes that 600,000 is a conservative estimate.

ALL HAIL MOTHER GAIA, goddess of the true believers!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 November 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,861 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

It's about time this religious indulgence tithe is paid!
Guilty plea in bird deaths at wind farms a first

$1 million fine for bird deaths at wind farm...

Posted: Nov 23, 2013 2:24 AM CST Updated: Nov 25, 2013 10:15 AM CST
By DINA CAPPIELLO
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - A major U.S. power company has pleaded guilty to killing eagles and other birds at two Wyoming wind farms and agreed to pay $1 million as part of the first enforcement of environmental laws protecting birds against wind energy facilities.

Until the settlement announced Friday with Duke Energy Corp. and its renewable energy arm, not a single wind energy company had been prosecuted for a death of an eagle or other protected bird - even though each death is a violation of federal law, unless a company has a federal permit.
Not a single wind energy facility has obtained an (indulgence) permit.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 November 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,861 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

President allows wind farms to kill more eagles...
The Obama administration is about to approve a rule that will ensure the death of golden and bald eagles for the next 30 more years.

But administration continues to hold up pipelines, drilling permits and jobs to protect lizards.

OBAMA FOUND IN CONTEMPT OF COURT: Gulf Drilling Moratorium
“Such dismissive conduct, viewed in tandem with the re- imposition of a second blanket and substantively identical moratorium, and in light of the national importance of this case, provide this court with clear and convincing evidence of the government’s contempt,” Feldman said.
“President Obama claims to have lifted the Gulf moratorium, yet not a single deepwater permit has been issued in nine months,” Jim Adams, the association’s president, said in a release after the ruling. “As a result, thousands of workers are out of jobs, Americans are paying more for gasoline and heating oil, and our nation is becoming even more dependent on unstable nations for our energy needs.”

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 December 2013 - 01:25 PM.