Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Obamacare Horrors

#2 uburack

uburack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I thought this was going to be about earnings :lol:
John 21:6 And he said unto them, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find". They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

So this is my curiousity about how color of law works, or doesn't. So everyone is tapped out, to the extent they are contracted to the assumption of existing statute. They have a fixed income decided by the big box antitrust, which is then commited by commercial contract to say home mortgage existing taxes auto loans, noting that this is an employee expense auto insurance, statute 401k contributions, noting this is statute designed to help companies out of legacy pension life insurance loans remaining categories approved for slaves by irs national standards spending allowances So the point is they took that level of contracts per existing statue and often extortion of existing statute They have nothing left of significance as reported by the savings statistics. So the next statue comes along and says they have a fresh 18k just lying around for obamacare tax when all income was already consumed by existing statute. What is the remedy? I would expect the only remedy they have is filing the 433a, in which irs takes anything left after, income minus national spending allowances, toward the obamacare penalty, and still leaving the victim without insurance because paying the penalty, or the 433a remainder of penalty did not pay for and provide any health insurance yet.

Edited by AChartist, 18 October 2013 - 09:41 PM.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#4 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Picked up on this idea, the low end people who don't do their own taxes, or otherwise don't know how witholding works, just lost their tax return which they count on and live by, just lost their tax returns. It's remarkeable to me to see the low end poeople lined up in walmart tax service booth, to do 1040EZ. The $4k penalty is. for this year. And they count on this for paying the bankruptcy attorneys in April-May top filing season, and they will need about $3k cash held back to retrain tax attorneys to counter the obamacare property liens and income levies. I don't think however irs gets aggressive about collections until they load the obamacare boat with the corporation population, and then sink it, a couple years, maybe 2016 filing season.

#5 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

I guess its too early to know, CNBC said only 1% of people purchased ACA, of those that registered, which seems that it was too expensive. And then exempting the 50+ employee pools, which could be the healthiest population being the pool that can keep a job, has to drive cost dramatically, just stupid. Reserving judgement for now until hard data is in on the costs, but still it remains completely arbitrary as to how aggressive irs is agianst those that opt out, which is just wrong. I would guess every family needs to work the budget and downscale planning for where an extra $3-5k would come from each year. You cant just mint a new $3-5k on the family budget at statute whim, its just wrong and it has to kill the economy.

#6 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

An initial pass that does not take into account deductibles and co-payments both of which are reported to be substantially higher.

How Will You Fare in the Obamacare Exchanges?

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Finally a price list. I sure don't see the $2,500 savings per family...as promised.

http://www.heritage....ble-1-1200.ashx

This is worse than buying a used car from a guy named Guido in Jersey.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 October 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

More than 56,000 new people getting insurance in Oregon as a result of the Affordable Care Act and the state exchange is not even up yet. More than 60,000 now have health insurance who didn't have it before in Washington State, where the state exchange is up and running. In both, reportedly the influx is mostly because the the Medicaid expansion in the law but Washington has begun to see the sign-ups through the exchange. Heard a report tonight that it's going to be uneven across the country for some time because some states are better at this, and those states which did not take the Medicaid expansion will be depriving their citizens access to same level of health care in those states that did at least initially. Maybe those who live in those states, like Georgia which have turned down the Medicaid expansion, will be able to enroll once the Feds get the bugs out. In the meantime they would do well to begin turning their attention to their Governors and State Legislatures and begin to direct questions there like "What can you do to make this better? What can you do to make it cheaper? What can you do to cut health care cost? The answers will be mere tweaks to the legislation, and appropriate, and inevitable. Appears the roll out, which in the end even with the Federal glitches will likely take less time than the wait for a new model IPhone, is going best in states where Democrats have an interest in making it work and not so well where Republican administrations are resisting it. If it continues to go well here and not well there, human nature will probably trump politics -- Why are they getting something we're not getting? -- and there'll be a whole lot less of the latter in the future. The question of what can you do to make the health system better is going to eventually afflict the U.S. Congress as well, whether they like it or not, the time to tweak and only tweak is coming, because this is a big train that has already pulled out of the station, and although currently moving slowly down the track it will be best to not stand in its way when it picks up speed -- talk about horror stories then! Already Mitch McConnell, whose state has been a leader in the roll-out (Democratic governor) and trailing his likely Democratic opponent in the polls, has sullenly thrown in the towel. He may still not himself survive the Cruzificition of his party over Obamacare and its suicidal shutdown of the government, but if he does, he will not be alone in helping to tweak in the end.

Edited by diogenes227, 22 October 2013 - 02:39 AM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#9 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

More than 56,000 new people getting insurance in Oregon as a result of the Affordable Care Act and the state exchange is not even up yet. More than 60,000 now have health insurance who didn't have it before in Washington State, where the state exchange is up and running. In both, reportedly the influx is mostly because the the Medicaid expansion in the law but Washington has begun to see the sign-ups through the exchange.

Are they all new or are some who lost their ins for some reason e.g. company cut hrs.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

How are those grandiose promises working out so far?:

I sure don't see the $2,500 annual savings per family...as promised.

Laser like focus on job creation?
"Shovel ready was not as shovel ready as we expected. Ha Ha Ha"

Hiring slows in Sept...
'Significantly worse than expected'...
Economy 'stalling'...
Faber: Fed could up QE to $1 TRILLION a month!

"Affordable Health Care was not as affordable as we expected. Ha Ha Ha."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 October 2013 - 09:44 AM.