The horror stories are coming in

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#481 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

AETNA decision exposes weaknesses in Obamacare...

Aetna said it will exit 11 of the 15 states where it offers coverage through the Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare.

That affects about 80 percent of its customers covered through insurance marketplaces.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 August 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#482 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:49 AM

Obamacare splitting in two...

Increasingly, there are two ObamaCares.

There’s the one in coastal and northern areas, where the marketplaces include multiple insurers and plans. And there’s the one in southern and rural areas, where there is often little competition, a situation that can lead to higher premiums.

There will be just one insurer offering ObamaCare coverage next year in seven states: Alabama, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Wyoming, Alaska, North Carolina and Kansas.

In one county in Arizona, there might not be an ObamaCare plan available at all.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 August 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#483 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

Obamacare Website Drops 'Keep Your Doctor'...

Brick by brick it falls apart... as planned. Now only 100% government control can save it...as planned...

Soon 1/2 of the country's entire economy can be dished out to political patrons...as planned.

Detroit_Ruins_1_Detroit_M.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 August 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#484 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

Your future under Obamacare is here now at the VA:

Government bureaucrats play doctor and are given huge bonuses for not treating patients,,,

: Veteran Kills Himself in Parking Lot of V.A. Hospital...

Denied ER Service...

#485 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

It must depend on the VA hospital.  I get excellent care up here in Maine and had no complaints in CT.  Long island as well as other very densely populated areas could well have problems - even the VA in West Haven was a mess to find parking - I could not imagine walking from the parking lot to the hospital with a heart condition.  Same with Indianapolis.   But the same is true for regular hospitals in all densely populated areas.  The wait time in an emergency room could be many hours if not an entire day - when my friend got sick a few years back

we went to UCONN because it was close and waited over 15 hours and finally gave up and drove to West Haven where he was admitted almost immediately.  We don't hear about the people who die waiting for care in regular private hospitals - the VA is singled out unfairly - couldn't be political could it?   Some day visit a VA hospital - you might get a different opinion.   

#486 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

"Some" always get great care. Some don't.

ALL should.

Especially those who have served this country.

Better care than our politicians fur shur.

The problem is a lack of a free market where you can shop for the best.

Government seldom offers the best of anything for our veterans.

Government bureaucrats do VERY WELL.

Ps: One of my best friends is a VA Psych nurse. My neighbor is a VA PhD psychologist.

They are wonderful. Here is the nurse doing his job.

2016_08_13_Mike.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 August 2016 - 05:12 PM.

#487 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

The current situation with the ACA - are the deductibles.  My business partner is two years from medicare - and won't go and get routine blood tests because all the care she needs in a given year are within the deductible ($5,000/yr) and she is paying over $800 a month for insurance - that covers nothing - unless she has something catastrophic - then she can't work and pay the deductible anyway - but is in debt for it forever if she does not recover and go back to work - she is opting this next month to drop it and pay the penalty.  How many people right now won't go see a doctor because they can't afford the payment under the deductible limit - and how many are dying or ignoring symptoms and will be dying?   I have a pretty wealthy client in Canada - can easily afford to buy private insurance - and doesn't because he says the health system works fine - he is now 90 and has a number of health issues and all are taken care of - thank god none are real serious as he is a great guy.  Sure you have to wait if your not dying for a procedure but if its an emergency you get in right away.  He says there is no need for him to buy extra insurance - which by the way Canadians can do.   And what about NAFTA - supposed to open borders - but those elderly better not be getting on busses to buy their prescriptions in Canada - and have a little trip too. Or you better not cross the border to get a routine physical that costs a lot less than in the US.  Nothing is perfect - but don't pan the VA like the media want you to - the doctors there are dedicated BECAUSE THEY ARE ON SALARY and don't give a sh*t about insurance payments - and they get paid very well I might add.  The VA also is responsible for much of the research going on in the country - if there is a drug out there that is still experimental and promising - and your on your last legs - you will get it no matter what. They also have research facilities that have contributed much to the overall health care of the country.   Also - if I have to go to a private hospital because I am traveling - I just give them my VA card - they have to treat me and they can use a code that I have and access all my medical records immediately.  Is that available from private hospitals or physicians?  Also - I might add - EVERY homeless veteran better be taken care of before we bring in a bunch of immigrants and provide housing, medical care and food stamps for them.      

#488 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

I love Canada's free medical care.

Just don't read the horror stories about typical bureaucrat policy makers in the news...such as this past week's headline:

Elderly Couple Cries in Heartbreaking Photo After Being Forced to Live Apart A backlog in the Canadian health care system.

"The backlog in the Canadian health care system has made it impossible to move Wolf, 83, out of his transitional nursing home and into the care facility where Anita, 81, is living, their granddaughter Ashley Bartyik says."

When there is not freedom of choice, what you get is what you are given.

MORBID: Obamacare exchange sign-ups fall FAR SHORT of forecasts...

"Next year, more than 1 in 4 counties are at risk of having a single insurer on its exchange"

In February 2013, the Congressional Budget Office predicted that 24 million people would buy health coverage through the federally and state-operated online exchanges by this year. Just 11.1 million people were signed up as of late March."

Aetna, the nation's third largest health insurer, announced that it will pull back from Obamacare exchanges citing losses of more than $430 million since January 2014.

PS: I've been on Obamacare since it's inception because I could postpone income and get the nearly $10,000 tax credit, which is not a credit on taxes owed but a slush fund payment for the insurance providers.

However many people like us found out that our prescriptions are still 40% cheaper using my Sam's Club membership rather than the AFFORDABLE Care Act!

We couldn't "keep our plan, keep our doctor, or save our $2,500"!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 August 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#489 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

Obamacare rate hikes rattle consumers, could threaten enrollment

The reality is, it’s all very justified, unfortunately,” Iowa insurance commissioner Nick Gerhart said Thursday of the premium increases he approved this week of 19% to 43% for about 70,000 Iowans who buy their own policies. Gerhart warned consumers in a rate hearing in July that if he rejected insurers’ proposed premium increases for 2017, the carriers would likely decline to sell policies in the state.

Some of the states that are facing what are likely among the biggest increases this year — Tennessee, Arizona and North Carolina — were among those the Urban Institute reported in May had the biggest increases last year.

Did you keep your plan, keep your doctor, save $2500 a year?

I didn't.

Affordable_Care_Act.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 September 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#490 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

Some never learn...FREE HEALTH CARE = Death Panels & Health Care Rationing.

When Healthcare is "free" from the government, you only get what you are given!

You have NO CHOICE.

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery  in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS

Patients needing surgery will be barred from most surgery for up to a year amid increasingly desperate measures to plug a funding black hole. The restrictions will apply to standard hip and knee operations.

The decision, described by the Royal College of Surgeons as the “most severe the modern NHS has ever seen”, led to warnings that other trusts will soon be forced to follow suit and rationing will become the norm if the current funding crisis continues.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 September 2016 - 06:59 PM.