Earnings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Instead of going for a home run with options, I'm looking at them just for a trade. Buy a very small amount of shares to target 1% of account either way whether win or lose, in other words, if a stock moved 10% you make or lose 1% of account, otherwise basically break even.

#2 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Instead of going for a home run with options, I'm looking at them just for a trade. Buy a very small amount of shares to target 1%
of account either way whether win or lose, in other words, if a stock moved 10% you make or lose 1% of account, otherwise
basically break even.

over the years I had good success trading chartpatterns in ind. stocks.i stay away from earnings too risky.
the other day MSFT came to my attention,since april it built a triangle.if it breaks up thru 36.50 on decent vol, your looking at a target of 43.00. short term it may try to fill Fridays gap,and I would buy some under 35.00.
I like to start with a small amount,if wrong I loose very little,if wright I add shares asap.
around the breakout you have to be careful ,a lot of times they back it off [everybodys stop is now just below BO.]
gobble up all these shares cheaper,then let it continue up.[seen a lot of that lately]
anyway that's my approach,so lets watch MSFT here and hopefully its good for some XMAS money. :)

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I use patterns very sparingly, how many bear flags have you seen morph into an uptrend ? I have a system to look for one day opportunities, and I have a price system to identify the trend, sometimes the one day signals mark an important turn, so one could just hold the position and set a breakeven stop. My bullish call post Wed. was using my one day system. GLD short did not work out, but that was countertrend on top of the fact that Fridays are the worst day of the week to trade, at least for me anyway, lots of cross currents and squaring up ahead of the weekend so very difficult to trade. I can't trade everything I want, but I might start posting the one day setups for stocks, whether I am able to trade them or not.