The human cost of "green" energy

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

The human cost of "green" energy, Called "Green" because of the riches gained by proponents?

No Way! :lol:

PAPER: Pentagon's climate-change alarmists stand to profit off report...

Then there is Tom Steyer

The Consensus: Climate Scientists Being Forced to Toe the Line

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 May 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#22 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

$GREEN$ energy, "At great human cost"
Now that the president has used the EPA to impose the largest tax increase in history since Obamacare, we find that this too was based on falsehood and blind ideology.
Carbon is not a "Weapon of Mass Destruction", it is the building block of all life on earth.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a trace gas in Earth's atmosphere comprising about 0.04% of the total atmosphere.
That's less than a half percent.

Pentagon wrestles with false climate predictions as military funds shifted to green agenda...

Ten years ago, the Pentagon paid for a climate study that put forth many scary scenarios.
Consultants told the military that, by now, California would be flooded by inland seas, The Hague would be unlivable, polar ice would be mostly gone in summer, and global temperatures would rise at an accelerated rate as high as 0.5 degrees a year.
None of that has happened.
The President's green spending in the defense budget is based on the belief that climate change is the ‘new weapon of mass destruction.’

We actually now see: Most Polar Ice in Recorded History! (LINK)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 June 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#23 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

As windmills continue killing endangered species such as eagles, their lives are as unimportant as human life to worshipers of the Earth goddess Gaia.
GOV'T REPORT: Building Keystone pipeline could save 30 lives a year...

The State Department on Friday corrected several errors it made in a key study evaluating the impact of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, including an understatement of how many people could be killed on railroad tracks if the project were rejected and oil traffic by rail increased.

The Obama administration has not decided whether to approve the project yet.
Tom Steyer's promised $100 million is just too tempting to president Obama.

Then there is Tom Steyer His motives are "pure and righteous" even as his misguided works have tremendous human cost.

Mr. Steyer has promised $100 million to Democrats to beat back Republicans in the midterm elections this fall, and the campaign funds have already paid off in the scuttling of this $3 billion pipeline project.
Mr. Steyer protested this week that he is not the Democratic party’s version of the Koch brothers, who fund efforts to promote liberty and free enterprise. Mr. Steyer says that “there are real distinctions between the Koch brothers and us,” because the Kochs personally benefit from their political advocacy, while he is donating to save the planet. Never mind that he’s a major investor in solar-energy projects that compete with fossil fuels. Let’s just say that Steyer got more than just a lousy T-shirt for his political pay-to-play investment.
But Steyer, like most fanatical greens, really does have an intense hatred of this pipeline — and thus a motive that goes beyond any personal gain. To the far left, Keystone has become the symbol of the North American shale-oil-and-gas revolution that is crushing the brief and ill-fated renewable-energy fad. So anything that would efficiently transport these fossil fuels to market is evil.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 June 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#24 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

As windmills continue killing endangered species such as eagles, their lives are as unimportant as human life to worshipers of the Earth goddess Gaia.
GOV'T REPORT: Building Keystone pipeline could save 30 lives a year...

The State Department on Friday corrected several errors it made in a key study evaluating the impact of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, including an understatement of how many people could be killed on railroad tracks if the project were rejected and oil traffic by rail increased.

The Obama administration has not decided whether to approve the project yet.
Tom Steyer's promised $100 million is just too tempting to president Obama.

Then there is Tom Steyer His motives are "pure and righteous" even as his misguided works have tremendous human cost.

Mr. Steyer has promised $100 million to Democrats to beat back Republicans in the midterm elections this fall, and the campaign funds have already paid off in the scuttling of this $3 billion pipeline project.
Mr. Steyer protested this week that he is not the Democratic party’s version of the Koch brothers, who fund efforts to promote liberty and free enterprise. Mr. Steyer says that “there are real distinctions between the Koch brothers and us,” because the Kochs personally benefit from their political advocacy, while he is donating to save the planet. Never mind that he’s a major investor in solar-energy projects that compete with fossil fuels. Let’s just say that Steyer got more than just a lousy T-shirt for his political pay-to-play investment.
But Steyer, like most fanatical greens, really does have an intense hatred of this pipeline — and thus a motive that goes beyond any personal gain. To the far left, Keystone has become the symbol of the North American shale-oil-and-gas revolution that is crushing the brief and ill-fated renewable-energy fad. So anything that would efficiently transport these fossil fuels to market is evil.

Tom Steyer? Are you kidding? His millions are a drop in the bucket compared to the Wichita trust-fund oligarchs on the other side of this.

Must admit you have great timing though. You always seem to come up with these cockamamies on days in a sector (that is otherwise having a pullback to a great buying opportunity) when the human cost of green energy is a solid profit. You might want to think about front running your own posts. :D

Check out the net changes for today in renewable energy:

Posted Image

Good luck and good trading.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#25 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

the human cost of green energy is a solid profit.

You musta thought slavery was a good thing too.
It was very profitable!

Many died because of it. But it was very profitable!
You would love China's child/slave labor too.
Huge profit in shoes.

Oil is a great natural, organic, solar renewable energy.
But it can be produced without the heavy taxation of government mandates and graft.

Solyndra was a manufacturer of cylindrical panels of copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) thin-film solar cells based in Fremont, California. Although the company was once touted for its unusual technology, plummeting silicon prices led to the company's being unable to compete with more conventional solar panels. On 1 September 2011, the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off all employees, costing taxpayers over $500 million. The company is also being sued by employees who were abruptly laid off.

costing taxpayers over $500 million.

How many parents will have to work to pay that bill.
Latch-key kids, another cost of the "green" energy lie.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 June 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#26 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Science is supposed to follow the truth, today's systemic corruption sees it all too often following the money.

Tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough and it will be believed.
And then the cash will roll in!

So today Bloomberg news has this blazing headline:

Climate Forecast: A Heat More Deadly Than the U.S. Has Ever Seen!

But note who the "scientists" behind the "study" are:

Today’s report was funded by Hank Paulson, the former head of Goldman Sachs and Treasury Secretary, by former hedge fund manager Tom Steyer and by Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York and founder of Bloomberg LP. Backers also include former U.S. Treasury Secretaries George Shultz and Robert Rubin.

No word yet from other noted "scientists" such as George Soros or Al Jazeera Gore.

Lots of money to be made in a crisis, real or manufactured.
The money comes from the trusting sheeple as their taxes, food and energy costs skyrocket.

The middle class must be destroyed at all costs.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 June 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#27 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Climate scientist offers $10,000 to anyone for proof climate change is a hoax in the face of the overwhelming facts that it is real.

"Put up or shut," he tells climate-change deniers.

From the link:

This goes directly to the comments of deniers. Really what I’m doing is I’m telling deniers to put up or shut up. I’ve been involved in these debates and arguments and I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t want … People are free to believe in what they want. And I am not on a crusade to go and try and change everyone’s mind. But I believe everyone should have the ability to make a decision in an informed environment. Deniers — not only are they denying climate change, they are denying people this opportunity to go and make that kind of decision. Because what they’re doing is putting out false information, deceptive information, even lies. Just outright lies. One of the things they keep saying is that there is no such thing as man-made climate change. And they keep saying that the science is overwhelming. And so, I said, “Fine. That’s what you say. Prove it.” You’ve made the claim, back it up...

...All of this really boils down to that one issue: We need to go and start addressing this problem. And if the deniers are interfering or delaying dealing with the problem, then this is going to hurt people. In fact, the cost today is enormous. There is a study done by an independent group in Europe that said that the current cost today is over $1 trillion a year to the world economy, and that it’s killing up to 400,000 people every year. This isn’t something in the future — this is what’s going on right now.

Go get the money, Rog.

;)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#28 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

Proof involves accepting facts.
Environmental nuts don't like facts.
It interferes with their religious dogma.

Climate Forecast: A Heat More Deadly Than the U.S. Has Ever Seen!
Today’s report was funded by Hank Paulson, the former head of Goldman Sachs and Treasury Secretary, by former hedge fund manager Tom Steyer and by Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York and founder of Bloomberg LP. Backers also include former U.S. Treasury Secretaries George Shultz and Robert Rubin.

Great Timing!
2 days after Hank Paulson warned us that Global Warming was the greatest threat to America's economy, a cold winter shows his disingenuousness.

BUST: GDP Shrinks By Most in Five Years... -2.9%

COLD WEATHER BLAMED!
:lol:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 June 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#29 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

If I were a taxpayer I'd be much madder about spending $500 million on "moderate" Syrian rebels than supporting green energy. Can't imagine paying taxes for crap like that... :huh: The Obama administration asked Congress on Thursday to authorize $500 million to provide U.S. military training and equipment to “moderate” Syrian rebels.

#30 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

If I were a taxpayer I'd be much madder about spending $500 million on "moderate" Syrian rebels than supporting green energy.
Can't imagine paying taxes for crap like that... :huh:

The Obama administration asked Congress on Thursday to authorize $500 million to provide U.S. military training and equipment to "moderate" Syrian rebels.

It was the first president that I remember growing up, Dwight Eisenhower, who warned us to beware of the military-industrial complex.
That model has become the blueprint for many government operations, enriching the politicians and their supporters.
The environmental-industrial complex is just one of the latest examples.
Green lobbyists such as Tom Steyer are awash in money, so when they speak their puppets jump.

But just like perpetual warfare, green lobbyists are extracting a huge cost in the human life they claim to be helping.
Then there are the endangered species that are being killed by greed for green profits from wind turbines.

The latest example of this military pork-barrel phenomenon is the House Armed Services Committee’s campaign to stop the Air Force from retiring the aged fleet of the outdated A-10 “Warthog” rather than retiring the fleet as the Pentagon proposed.
“It’s baffling,” says the senior Air Force general, who explained the budget mess in an interview this week. “It seems that local politics trumps any Air Force or military leadership trying to build a force that can defend the nation.”

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 June 2014 - 09:45 PM.