State surveillance of personal data is theft

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Killing more innocent people than any other Nobel Peace Prize winner in history!
Posted Image

NSA's Secret Role in Assassination Program...
The National Security Agency is using complex analysis of electronic surveillance, rather than human intelligence, as the primary method to locate targets for lethal drone strikes – an unreliable tactic that results in the deaths of innocent or unidentified people.

According to a former drone operator for the military’s Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) who also worked with the NSA, the agency often identifies targets based on controversial metadata analysis and cell-phone tracking technologies. Rather than confirming a target’s identity with operatives or informants on the ground, the CIA or the U.S. military then orders a strike based on the activity and location of the mobile phone a person is believed to be using.

State lawmakers move to cut power, water to spy headquarters...
The proposal is the latest in a series of state bills aiming to cut off the NSA one jurisdiction at a time for allegedly ignoring the Fourth Amendment with its dragnet collection of phone and Internet records.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 February 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#22 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

Spy Chief Clapper: We Should've Told You We Track Your Calls...

“Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?”
At the time Clapper responded, “No sir.”
Which was a lie.
When caught in the lie, Clapper responded that he simply misunderstood the question.
Nothing to see here.

Terrorists want to destroy our liberty and freedom.
The government destroys our liberty and freedom to protect us from terrorists.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 February 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#23 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Christine O'Donnell: I was victim of IRS...
On March 9, 2010, around 10 a.m., I announced my plans to run for senate representing Delaware.
Later that same day, my office received a call from a reporter asking about my taxes.
It’s since come out, after a halting and unenthusiastic investigation, that a Delaware Department of Revenue employee named David Smith accessed my records that day at approximately 2 p.m. — out of curiosity, he says.
That these records ended up in the hands of the press is just a coincidence, the IRS claims.
To add insult to injury, the tax records given to the reporters weren’t even accurate.
But the damage was done.
The only way people will be confident the government is truly on their side is if these cases are resolved with the perpetrators held accountable and brought to justice. Until then, any taxpayer is a potential target.

D'Souza: 'Vindictive' Obama Sees Critics as Enemies...
“After 2016 came out, my partner, Jerry Mullen…was contacted by the IRS, and they had questions for him. This focus of the tea party group somehow seems to have extended to the guys who made 2016.”
“I think it is the broader pattern of going after people who are critics,” he continued. “Not just me, but the Hollywood guys, the group Friends of Abe, these are Hollywood guys who are conservatives. So I think there is a sense here that Obama treats his critics not merely as people who disagree, but as enemies.”

Senators Demand FBI Answer Questions About Indictment...
Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz: "I can't help but think that [D'Souza's] politics have something to do with it. ... It smacks of selective prosecution."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 February 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#24 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Our four fathers and our four mothers wanted LIMITED government and defined it in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
They wanted neither anarchy nor cradle-to-grave command and control tyranny.

As the world ushered in a new year, the federal government and statehouses across America ushered in thousands of new laws and endless regulations.
Meanwhile the President picks and chooses which he will enforce, ignore or change.
Is oath of office means only what he wants it to mean.

Americans rising up against EXCESSIVE government...

Though people have taken to the streets from Egypt, to Ukraine, to Venezuela to Thailand, many have wondered whether Americans would ever resist the increasing encroachments on their freedom. I think they've begun.

First, in response to widespread protests last week, the Department of Homeland Security canceled plans to build a nationwide license plate database.

On Friday, after more public outrage, the Federal Communications Commission withdrew a plan to "monitor" news coverage at not only broadcast stations, but also at print publications that the FCC has no authority to regulate.
The DHS put out a bid request for a system that would have gone national, letting the federal government track millions of people's comings and goings just as it tracks data about every phone call we make. But the proposal was suddenly withdrawn last week, with the unconvincing explanation that it was all a mistake.

NYC forces gun buyers to wait six to eight months for permits...

Meanwhile, in Connecticut a massive new gun-registration scheme is also facing civil disobedience

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 February 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#25 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thank goodness we are safe now!

Gov't Spooks Hacked Millions of Webcams...

Nude images intercepted...

Meanwhile:

Convicted Terrorist Worked as Navigator in Illinois...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 February 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#26 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

In a banana republic, "What's good for the goose..."

DON'T SPY ON ME!

Dianne Feinstein, the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, is accusing the CIA of criminal activity

The head of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday sharply accused the CIA of violating federal law and undermining the constitutional principle of congressional oversight as she detailed publicly for the first time how the agency secretly removed documents from computers used by her panel to investigate a controversial interrogation program.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein said that the situation amounted to attempted intimidation of congressional investigators, adding: “I am not taking it lightly.”

Only T-party supporters should be spied on and intimidated by the government.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 March 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#27 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image vs Citizens

NSA Spying Machine: Interactive Graphic...

Posted Image
And you thought TOR was safe. LOL!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 April 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#28 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

Federal Snipers Train Guns on Family For Filming Cattle...
April 7, 2014
Federal snipers with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) trained guns on members of a family yesterday after they dared to stop and take video footage of cattle outside the bounds of a designated “First Amendment Area,” before arresting one of the men for non-compliance.
The cattle were being rounded up by BLM officers as part of a crackdown on Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who has refused to pay “grazing fees” demanded by the feds as a result of a re-classification of 600,000 acres of federal land in northeastern Clark County which Bundy claims has been in his family for generations.
Some fear the dispute could turn into a Ruby Ridge-style violent standoff because Bundy has said he is prepared to become a martyr for what he perceives as a constitutional stance against tyranny

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 April 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#29 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Snowden the 'traitor' looms over Pulitzers...

For most journalists, there is no debate.
In arguably the most influential story of the decade, The Guardian and The Washington Post broke sensational new ground by exposing how the US government monitors the data of millions.

Public opinion is at worst divided.
Many believe Americans have a right to know what the government is doing.
Others say Snowden is a traitor and a criminal who should be prosecuted.
Others say the government is the traitor, violating the 4th amendment rights of it's innocent citizens.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 April 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#30 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Snowden: NSA Spies More on Americans Than Russians...

'Every citizen has a duty to resist'...

Exiled whistleblower Edward Snowden accepted the Ridenhour Prize for truth-telling Wednesday, given in celebration of his disclosure of the National Security Agency’s massive phone and Internet surveillance programs.
“A year ago there was no way I could have imagined being honored in this room,” Snowden told an audience at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
Now, the electronic spy agency once jokingly referred to as “No Such Agency” is known as “Not Secret Anymore”

Throughout his acceptance speech Snowden hammered Director of National Intelligence James Clapper for lying to Congress on March 12, 2013, about whether the NSA was collecting information on millions of Americans.
Snowden said he asked a co-worker at the time why nobody would expose the truth, and co-worker told him, “Do you know what happens to people who do?”
The whistleblower said it was ironic that he faced three felony charges within 24 hours of revealing his identity while the perjurious spy boss wasn’t punished, and contrasted his violation of an employment contract with Clapper’s oath-breaking.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 April 2014 - 10:07 PM.