10% Savings Confiscation?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

It's still much safer and flexible with physical gold than in your accounts in case the gov. wants to do something to your assets.

They have your records of gold purchases. Heck, they have recorded every phone call or email
we ever sent. Brokers are required to report every transaction to Big Brother.

For the NSA record: I have no guns, no gold, no cash and am running low on vodka. ;)

#32 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

For the NSA record: I have no guns, no gold, no cash and am running low on vodka. ;)

I am down to feeding only two cats now. Both strays, therefore they are homeless, therefore their food is tax deductible.

:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#33 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Social ism at its finest. Only the ones who supported the leader are surprised. And this is but only the tip of the iceburg. Much control will be wrestled away before the next is chosen.

#34 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

The gist of it is tax on labor is illegal, US Code and subsequent supreme court decisions.

Individual labor is equal exchange of labor for money, no gain, no passive taxable gain.

US code states only passive gains are taxable.

You cannot take this code into court because it is a private commercial court for 14th ammendment dual corporate citizens who
volunteered by consent ( usually by registering to vote but any other signature on federal documents or use of SS number is
consent ). The seal over the bench says " no law shall be tried in court ", you cannot take this code into court as
a 14th ammend citizen.

Start here and go from there and you will begin to see difference of Law from color of law.
Color of law is commercial contract. You are under color of law, private
commercial contract of 14th ammend corporation citizens that volunteered by consent.

Only they are schooled in this and that is why they are the .005%

http://pacinlaw.us/p...n_by_Design.pdf

So, you're gonna post this garbage more than once?

I can reply more than once. Here's what I said in another thread to the same nonsense you posted there:

I respond to tax protester nonsense because it's dangerous stuff. The usual silliness from Reich is just bad economics.

Tax protesters are people who have decided that they don't like paying income taxes, and, by golly, they're going to rationalize their actions, come hell or high water.

Even though they know nothing about the law, they fancy themselves to be legal experts and do "research" on the interwebs to try to "prove" their delusions.

Their problem is that they don't know what they're doing. This takes a number of forms:

1) While they sometimes intentionally misquote court decisions, usually they just lazily quote court decisions that someone else has conveniently modified or misquoted so as to misrepresent the meaning of the decision. And so the junk quotes get propagated, ready to be vacuumed up by the next gullible true believer who also can't be bothered to check the source.

2) They rely on dissenting opinions (you know, the side of the court that lost) as if they were majority opinions because they like the words that seem to agree with their nonsense. Never mind that dissenting opinions have no legal meaning or impact.

3) They quote a court decision which has no legal effect because it has been overturned in part or entirely on appeal, or by a later court case.

4) They misread a law or laws, contrary to established precedent and insist that they are right and all previous courts were wrong.

5) They insist that their interpretation of a word or words or phrase is right, even though it has been consistently ruled otherwise, usually for many decades.

Irwin Schiff is a good example. Amongst many other delusions, he thinks only corporations can have taxable income. I remember him spouting his nonsense back in 1979-1980 at investment conferences.

He has now gone to federal prison 3 times for his tax "theories." 1978. 1985. 2005. Failure to file. Tax evasion. Filing false tax returns. Aiding and abetting the filing of false tax returns by others. Conspiracy to defraud the US. Tax evasion (again.)

At his latest trial an examination of his mental fitness was conducted. It concluded that he suffered from mental illness, but nothing that would prevent him from understanding the nature of the charges against him. In the '80s, he tried to exert a "diminished capacity" defense in a civil trial for taxes due. Even he admits that "I might be wrong about this."

He was convicted (for the 3rd time) of federal tax felonies and will probably die in prison. Now, that's stubborn. Not to mention stupid.

There's a long list of delusional tax protesters who have been sent up the river for years, sometimes 10 or more. Schiff alone is responsible for 11 people convicted of federal felonies due to following his nonsense. Plus a few of his former employees.

There's a very, very long list of people who have been whacked for 5K for filing a frivolous return by the IRS. And many, believe it or not who have been whacked for 30-40-50K for filing a batch of frivolous joint returns (husband and wife - 5K each) covering a few years.

And that's after the IRS says "Look, this return you filed is frivolous, and if you don't withdraw it within 30 days we're going to fine you." Which is what they say to everyone who files a bogus return. Wanna be stubborn and delusional? You'll be fined.

Any federal court, including the Tax Court can impose up to a 25K sanction for frivolous litigation. This usually happens after the IRS audits a bogus return and the delusional taxpayer tries to delay the consequences by starting litigation in the Tax Court. Judges are usually very reluctant to do it but if you persist with nonsense after being specifically warned against it, the judge will come down on you with both feet because you are wasting the court's time and resources.

Tax protesters remind me of traders who just know that they are right and the market is wrong.

Both usually wind up broke. But, only the tax protesters run the risk of also having to pay IRS penalties and/or being sanctioned by courts and/or being criminally charged and going to federal prison.

This sort of nonsense has resulted in a lot of ruin, sometimes total ruin -- both financial and personal.

My free advice? Don't believe it and don't do it.

#35 ...

• Traders-Talk User
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

US code states only passive gains are taxable.

Well, no. The nonsense you spout is amusing, but this one deserves a specific response.

One that demonstrates that you have absolutely no idea what the USC says.

26 USC § 61 - Gross income defined

(a) General definition

Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, gross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:

(1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
(2) Gross income derived from business;
(3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
(4) Interest;
(5) Rents;
(6) Royalties;
(7) Dividends;
(8) Alimony and separate maintenance payments;
(9) Annuities;
(10) Income from life insurance and endowment contracts;
(11) Pensions;
(12) Income from discharge of indebtedness;
(13) Distributive share of partnership gross income;
(14) Income in respect of a decedent; and
(15) Income from an interest in an estate or trust.

http://www.law.corne...code/text/26/61

One can then go on to other sections of the IRC to find out what is excluded from gross income (not much) or deductible (generally reasonable and necessary costs of doing business) and then on to what is taxable (whatever's left after exclusions and deductions.)

What is apparent is that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Please stop it, I'm getting tired of refuting totally ridiculous baloney.

#36 Lysis

Lysis

• Traders-Talk User
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

They won't confiscate your IRAs or 401Ks right off the bat, but they will make it mandatory for us to buy "safe and secure" treasuries -- just like the Social Security Administration is mandated to do. Some proportion of our portfolios will be US bond based as a pre-requisite to maintaining the tax exempt status.

Wait till these become mandatory...

http://www.zerohedge...nt-savings-bond