bottom fishing

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

w/intermarket divergences=gold making new lows silver not. gold making a double bottom and the miners have divergences, this is the best looking bottom yet. i see chidambaram is in the news saying he may lift some restrictions on buying gold. trying to create a short covering rally so he and his bankster friends can make a bundle. the old guard will be removed , hopefully in the upcoming april elections. if he lives, modi is the front runner. pointing to a fully employed state of Gujarat as the model. gujarat also has a very level of education. The HGNSI was unchanged yesterday at -30%. MarketVane’s Bullish Consensus rose 2 points to 39%. still a feast for the contrarians. fwiw, i am looking @the june lows as the lows for the 4.25 yr cycle. and the december lows as the 12.5 yr cycle lows. this is not carved in stone , but is a working model should the lows be in. i am nibbling on undervalued miners.taking my time. all of the pompom cheer leaders are years away from recognizing their dreams meanwhile there is another melt down @fukushima. and the world sits idly by . while the planet gets polluted by radiation. disgusting! dharma

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

w/intermarket divergences=gold making new lows silver not. gold making a double bottom and the miners have divergences, this is the best looking bottom yet. i see chidambaram is in the news saying he may lift some restrictions on buying gold. trying to create a short covering rally so he and his bankster friends can make a bundle. the old guard will be removed , hopefully in the upcoming april elections. if he lives, modi is the front runner. pointing to a fully employed state of Gujarat as the model. gujarat also has a very level of education.
The HGNSI was unchanged yesterday at -30%. MarketVane’s Bullish Consensus rose 2 points to 39%. still a feast for the contrarians.
fwiw,
i am looking @the june lows as the lows for the 4.25 yr cycle. and the december lows as the 12.5 yr cycle lows. this is not carved in stone , but is a working model should the lows be in.
i am nibbling on undervalued miners.taking my time.
all of the pompom cheer leaders are years away from recognizing their dreams
meanwhile there is another melt down @fukushima. and the world sits idly by . while the planet gets polluted by radiation.
disgusting!
dharma

nicely said amigo, I agree and nibbled on weakness all last month in the miners which IMO is the place to be if one wants some leverage vs gold and as historically sold out and cheap as they have become on this huge decline. Love the still very bearish sentiment, HUI decisively above 208-210 would be another importante step

Senor

#3 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

w/intermarket divergences=gold making new lows silver not. gold making a double bottom and the miners have divergences, this is the best looking bottom yet. i see chidambaram is in the news saying he may lift some restrictions on buying gold. trying to create a short covering rally so he and his bankster friends can make a bundle. the old guard will be removed , hopefully in the upcoming april elections. if he lives, modi is the front runner. pointing to a fully employed state of Gujarat as the model. gujarat also has a very level of education.
The HGNSI was unchanged yesterday at -30%. MarketVane’s Bullish Consensus rose 2 points to 39%. still a feast for the contrarians.
fwiw,
i am looking @the june lows as the lows for the 4.25 yr cycle. and the december lows as the 12.5 yr cycle lows. this is not carved in stone , but is a working model should the lows be in.
meanwhile there is another melt down @fukushima. and the world sits idly by . while the planet gets polluted by radiation.
disgusting!
dharma

dharma:

I closed my protective "short positions" last week and am now also in accumulation mode - tradable rally here IMHO - ultimate bottom LOWER and LATER

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=0&i=p81437679463&a=294068806&r=1389026817592.png

I have us in a Wave 4 Triangle on the $HUI - ab complete - in c now with d and e to follow - Then Wave 5 down, FWIW.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=W&yr=13&mn=0&dy=0&i=p01594967453&a=314468341&r=4040.png

stubaby B)

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

fwiw,
disgusting!
dharma

dharma:

I closed my protective "short positions" last week and am now also in accumulation mode - tradable rally here IMHO - ultimate bottom LOWER and LATER

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=0&i=p81437679463&a=294068806&r=1389026817592.png

I have us in a Wave 4 Triangle on the $HUI - ab complete - in c now with d and e to follow - Then Wave 5 down, FWIW.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=W&yr=13&mn=0&dy=0&i=p01594967453&a=314468341&r=4040.png

stubaby B)

I don't like that count but no reason to quibble as I will be muy happy on a rally to 250-260

Senor

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

thanks senor perhaps stu. i have seen great plans laid to waste. if i just look @ the technical facts, it sure looks like a bottom although i am open to anything being possible. especially w/gs and ubs calling for lower lows. jpm is long and recommending 6 miners dharma

Edited by dharma, 06 January 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

it looks to me like wti is putting in a h&s top. it has tested the neckline from underneath and is coming back down this could be good for the miners. also keep in mind the sanctions were put on gold by india to reduce trade deficits. their largest trade deficit comes from oil. so, this could lead to easing /removal of import restrictions. modi leads in the april elections . he is gold industry friendly this pullback was to be expected. now we see if it holds support. if it is the bottom, then a process could develop. i dont see the drivers highlighted @ this point. i am and continue to be cautious. last year january was a good month, and then it all started falling apart from february onwards. although this bottom looks promising, it is yet to prove the bottom is in. i am sitting w/some cash and waiting. there is compelling values in this sector dharma

#7 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Nice charts and thoughts stu. Thank you for sharing.

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

do we bottom soon, as in this or next month, or do we bounce and bottom later this year? Enquiring minds

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

do we bottom soon, as in this or next month, or do we bounce and bottom later this year?
Inquiring minds

No sign of a bottom as yet with the earliest timing of one, where prices can actually trend higher, around March/April.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

do we bottom soon, as in this or next month, or do we bounce and bottom later this year?
Inquiring minds

No sign of a bottom as yet with the earliest timing of one, where prices can actually trend higher, around March/April.

Fib

I would quibble here, IMO there are "signs" of a possible bottom but no confirming or significant evidence at all yet.

Senor