bottom fishing

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#31 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Look at the symmetry of the gold chart, perhaps heading for 4th wave up on light volume into the downtrendlines.

https://www.tradingv...com/x/zLnN8NHo/
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#32 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yes very iffy out there. I am still holding cash and accumulating select miners. See PNF charts below:

$GOLD

GDX

GDXJ
Peace
johngeorge

#33 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

The sentiment pic...
http://thedailygold....ntiment-update/

#34 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Dharma, would you be willing to post 3 -4 back dates of your 12.5 year gold cycle? Thanks...

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

smithy, gold started trading on the comex in 74 . the bull from 72-80 exhibited the 8.6yr cycle which is 1/3 of the 25 yr cycle. so from the lows of either 99 or 01 it is 12.5 yrs . that is all i am willing to do right now hit my resistance this am, a former low. seems to me the market is waiting for more information to determine direction. not very inspiring in here. dharma

#36 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

looks to me kike near term secondary/corrective lows in the miners are occurring this morning, I added a little.

Dharma, I think Platinum and Palladium as well have made a huge secondary low the past few weeks as well and it has had a very good rally, copper looks good bigger picture as well, so I do see all the metals in sync, with gold and silver likely the laggards "for now".

Senor

no excuses near term as we should rally hard, yesterdays miner lows should have completed near term wave 2 or B bottoms and we should now rally above recent recovery highs, I will likely stop half of position at yesterdays lows contingent upon price patterns.

BSing away

Senor

no excuses time continues, if a third wave higher is underway in the miners and gold/silver then HUI should very soon accelerate above 208-210 resistance, I do not want to see any decline below HUI 204-205 - Elvis is singin it's "Now or Never" in the background

Senor

#37 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

additional stuff, dollar/Aussie and dollar/Yen sharp and decisive looking declines past few days add to the odds important intermediate term trend changes may be occurring, that means IMO that the big post triangle thrust is over in the dollar/Yen and back down to 97.50 it goes. The Aussie may have completed a big ABC decline from 2011 high, if this is correct it is at least near term bullish IMO for gold/silver. Senor

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

gg has put in a hostile offer for oskff. oskff is up 20+% this is significant i cant remember the last time i saw a hostile offer in the sector it says someone sees value in the sector! dharma

#39 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

looks to me kike near term secondary/corrective lows in the miners are occurring this morning, I added a little.

Dharma, I think Platinum and Palladium as well have made a huge secondary low the past few weeks as well and it has had a very good rally, copper looks good bigger picture as well, so I do see all the metals in sync, with gold and silver likely the laggards "for now".

Senor

no excuses near term as we should rally hard, yesterdays miner lows should have completed near term wave 2 or B bottoms and we should now rally above recent recovery highs, I will likely stop half of position at yesterdays lows contingent upon price patterns.

BSing away

Senor

no excuses time continues, if a third wave higher is underway in the miners and gold/silver then HUI should very soon accelerate above 208-210 resistance, I do not want to see any decline below HUI 204-205 - Elvis is singin it's "Now or Never" in the background

Senor

so far doing what it has to and should do with a strong close at HUI 210.22, acting like a near term third wave norte, follow thru tomorrow and looks a bueno bit higher, uno step at a time

PURE BS

Senor

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

seems in vogue to be bearish on gold. there is a good chance the trend has turned more evidence is needed. although some guys were bearish all the way up seems to me the market created the right psychology, now folks will short this thing all the way up to the highs, climbing the proverbial wall of worry. i am positioned , i am a long term bull. not smart enough to try and guess if we bottomed or not. sure looks convincing. sentiment on suicidal side. double bottom in gold miners in the gutter. today gg makes a hostile offer to osiko. dharma saving some cash