• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

The myths of marijuana: Former DEA chief says pot legalization a 'disaster'

It “will damage the young people in those states. It will damage the industries in those states, and put the highways in jeopardy,”

The legalization will spread - pot will be the soma* for the poor.

1984 "is a hallucinogen that takes users on enjoyable, hangover-free "holidays"."
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#52 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

STUDY: Fatal Car Crashes by Pot Smokers up 300% over Last Decade...

CO Launches Media Blitz: 'Drive High, Get DUI'...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 February 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#53 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

For the first time, researchers at Northwestern University have analyzed the relationship between casual use of marijuana and brain changes – and found that young adults who used cannabis just once or twice a week showed significant abnormalities in two important brain structures.

“This study is just a beginning pilot study, but at the same time, the results that came out are the same as a canary in a coal mine,” Breiter said. “...The interaction of marijuana with brain development could be a significant problem.”.

http://www.foxnews.c...es-study-finds/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#54 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Dude, I was gonna read that but I just can't get motivated.
I think I need a Taco Bell.

;) :lol:
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 April 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#55 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Dude, I was gonna read that but I just can't get motivated.
I think I need a Taco Bell.

;) :lol:
Posted Image

Looks like Cheech & Chong are celebrating the new marijuana bull market.. :lol: So clear your mind of your old foggy ways and get on the bull train..
GW pharmaceuticals GWPH 60.52 +15.57 has a nice fat pipeline of new "medications".
https://finance.yaho...-070000195.html

Just as anything "dot com" rose into the tech bubble, anything tangentially related to cannabis has benefited from the green rush.

Jim Cramer and Morgan Stanley pounding the table on this hot weed company.

#56 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image

VIDEO: Blowin' Smoke! Kacey Musgraves

GROWLIFE INVESTOR ALERT: Tripp Levy PLLC Announces the Filing of a Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Against GrowLife, Inc. -- PHOT

Marijuana Stocks: 2 More to Avoid

SEC Halts Trading Of Growlife: Here's Why

http://stockcharts.c...98222194480.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 April 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#57 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Update on GWPH 69.71 +8.85...............man I'm so rich in only 2 days..... :D Keep up the good work.

#58 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Update on GWPH 69.71 +8.85...............man I'm so rich in only 2 days..... :D
Keep up the good work.

There are a lot of compounds in cannabis that are going to be very helpful when developed for medicine -- but smoking pot is another story....and this comes from someone who smoked it regularly 'until I was 25 or so. I gave it up since I wanted to get motivation and focus back. By most estimates, MOST of the health benefits of smoking pot do NOT come from what makes you high -- THC

Here are a bunch of articles on the bad effect on heart and cardiovascular systems for young and old alike. Harmful effects on the brain are not covered here...that's already been posted.

Pot and heart attacks, etc.

Edited by *JB*, 23 April 2014 - 05:24 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#59 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

I got no pony in this race.
Never smoked the stuff...couldn't get motivated.
Went to Taco Bell instead. :lol:

Alcohol ban has pushed kids to pills; Marijuana feminizes men...

Fourth graders busted for selling pot at elementary school...

STUDY: Marijuana may cause heart problems in young adults...

Drug arrests are still the best way for "law enforcement" and their pals to get money, from public defenders to union run jails and prisons.
Cops Tie Up 75-Year-Old Grandmother in Botched Drug Raid...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 April 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#60 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

I hear ya JB. It's all about moderation if one is going to smoke or drink. Kinda like having a few drinks after 5pm to "unwind and relax". It can quickly get out of control, especially if you have more personal problems. And with pot you get improved appetite, easy going calm attitude, more passionate sex, and ease of going to sleep. Just like drinking, it's easy to get carried away to where it effects your life and motivation. Most everyone has one problem or another that they try to medicate that doesn't cause too much relationship and health damage.