Walmalignant -- looks like cancer

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

And one of these days he might start shopping his local small businesses again, and there will be jobs there, and the profits will stay in the community and local families will flourish on family wages and benefits and taxpayers can quit subsidizing big-box infrastructure, and the barren Main Streets in the towns in the Midwest will come alive again -- that is what can happen when a real free market works without a predatory monopoly, like Wal-Mart in its midst.

That article is from april 2013

The only thing I can't find is 22 LR ammo.

Okay, how about five days ago?

Wal-Mart New U.S. Chief Faces Empty Shelves, Grumpy Shoppers

From the link:

Empty shelves, grumpy customers, long lines at the register: These are just some of the challenges facing Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT)’s new U.S. chief.

Greg Foran, who takes charge Aug. 9, inherits a chain wedded to an outdated big-box model, struggling to boost sales in its stores and online, and losing customers because it can’t keep shelves adequately stocked. The sluggish U.S. performance contributed to lower-than-projected sales and profit in the quarter that ended April 30. Wal-Mart’s profit forecast for the current quarter also came in lower than analysts’ estimates.

By naming Foran, a 53-year-old New Zealander who previously ran the chain’s Asia operations and has worked at Wal-Mart only four years, Chief Executive Officer Doug McMillon is betting a relative newcomer can revive a company losing relevance in a world increasingly dominated by Amazon.com Inc.

What do you know -- they outsourced yet another American job? The new "U.S. Chief" is a New Zealander.

What a company! Can they be as oblivious as they are arrogant?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#12 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Okay, how about five days ago?

Wal-Mart New U.S. Chief Faces Empty Shelves, Grumpy Shoppers

What do you know -- they outsourced yet another American job? The new "U.S. Chief" is a New Zealander.

What a company! Can they be as oblivious as they are arrogant?

I RV around the country and don't see empty shelves.

Walmart is here to stay. I'm not sure what your point is about it.

Before Walmart there was Woolworths 5 and dime. Also, there were more distribution points in the channel of distribution increasing costs.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

"Stop the hatin" the president said.

and no matter where he goes, he said he always has trouble finding things at Wal-Mart.

I RV around the country and don't see empty shelves.

Those of us who shop at Walmart know this is a story from another Union thug.
They lie because they are liberals.

So here's what you will not get from a mom and pop operation:
Last year while out of town, my wife discovered that she forgot her favorite hair dryer.
It was about 11 p.m. on a Saturday night.
The problem that I had when I got to the 24 hour Walmart (besides finding a parking spot at the crowed store) was deciding on which one of the dozens of different types of hair dryers offered on the "bare" shelves.
I think I splurged and bought the $19 dryer.
The lady who checked us out was glad to have a job in this pathetic economy.
Hopefully she is in their profit sharing plan like 3 of the millionaire little old lady retired Walmart checkout gals that I have personally met. (Mom and Pop stores don't/can't offer such a potentially tremendous retirement, unless they expand like Sam Walton did after opening his original mom and pop store. But neither does the government fraud called Social Security.)
PS: The current CEO at Walmart used to work at the store down the street from my house.
He's a great guy, just like another Okie, Sam Walton. ;)

Sam's original store:
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 July 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#14 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Shocking news Wal-Mart "Great Value" Ice Cream Sandwich won't melt

VIDEO

The comments in the link:

Shocking news: Walmart brand ice cream sandwiches are filled with ingredients that aren’t really that ice-creamy.

Dan Collins heard a rumor that these tasty treats loved by children and adults alike wouldn’t melt in the heat, so he decided to put them to the YouTube test. Because what else is there to do in Sioux Falls, S.D. on a Monday afternoon? (Just kidding, South Dakota. I love you.)

Dan puts the sammy on a plate in the sun, and a highly scientific clip-art image tells us that the temperature is 78 degrees. 20 minutes later, the temperature has risen to 80 degrees and the dessert is still 95% in-tact. There’s a little bit of bowing around the edges of the white, frothy “ice cream” filling, but overall this thing appears to have been engineered in a military research lab.

35 minutes into the experiment, Dan compares the Walmart sandwich to a scoop of Blue Bunny ice cream that has melting into a puddle on its plate. It really is a testament to the “Great Value” of this cookie-cream concoction — why pay for ice cream that doesn’t last two minutes when you can have a Twinkie-grade treat that will last for years in your backyard time capsule?

After the full hour, some clear, undetermined moisture has begun to seep out of the bowels of the “ice cream,” and Dan seems satisfied that his hypothesis has been proven correct.

“I don’t like it,” he says. Me neither, Dan. Me neither.

Wal-Mart spokesman replies:

In a statement emailed to me, Walmart spokesperson Danit Marquardt writes:

Great Value ice cream sandwiches melt. Ice cream melts based on the ingredients including cream. Ice cream with more cream will generally melt at a slower rate, which is the case with our Great Value ice cream sandwiches.

In the frozen aisles, Great Value ice cream sandwiches are one of the top sellers, and we are glad to be able to offer a great treat that families love.

Mr. Marquardt probably should watch the video before he spouts off the usual company denial...

An explanation:

(For the food science enthusiasts out there, Geek.com has written an explainer on why these sandwiches don’t melt. They explain it’s because of the guar gum and calcium sulfate that is added to the ice cream for the specific purpose of preventing melting, and of course both are perfectly natural.)

So, mothers out there get your kids the guar gum and calcium sulfate sandwiches they love -- "Great Value" at Wal-Mart.

:rolleyes:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

We had those same ice cream sandwiches in our public school cafeteria.
So I guess you are for closing public schools too?

"GOVERNMENTEDUCATIONMALIGNANT"

Killer Ingredients in Your Child’s Government Unionized School Lunch
GMO Soy Flour ( linked to puberty delay in boys and early puberty in girls)

Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (MSG, a potent neurotoxin)
Synthetic Vitamins(can severely tax your child’s kidneys)
Caramel Coloring (Caramel coloring is derived from ammonia and has been proven to cause liver, lung, and thyroid cancer)
Disodium Inosinate (an excitotoxin that does serious damage to your child’s brain)
Dimethylpolysiloxane (used to make Silly Putty)
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) (used to make lighter fluid)
GMO Corn Starch (has pesticides built right in)
Milk with growth hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 July 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

We had those same ice cream sandwiches in our public school cafeteria.
So I guess you are for closing public schools too?

"GOVERNMENTEDUCATIONMALIGNANT"

Killer Ingredients in Your Child’s Government Unionized School Lunch
GMO Soy Flour ( linked to puberty delay in boys and early puberty in girls)

Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (MSG, a potent neurotoxin)
Synthetic Vitamins(can severely tax your child’s kidneys)
Caramel Coloring (Caramel coloring is derived from ammonia and has been proven to cause liver, lung, and thyroid cancer)
Disodium Inosinate (an excitotoxin that does serious damage to your child’s brain)
Dimethylpolysiloxane (used to make Silly Putty)
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) (used to make lighter fluid)
GMO Corn Starch (has pesticides built right in)
Milk with growth hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides

Posted Image

No, I'm not for closing public schools, but, yes, I AM for getting that artificial corporate crap out of the schools. We're feeding our kids ssssh*t at the behest of a lot of monster food conglomerates (wouldn't mind seeing them busted up right along with Wal-Mart).

And, of course, you put up Michelle Obama as the poster person for that crap when in fact her personal First-Lady cause is the exact opposite, promoting organic foods and trying to fight childhood obesity. This like a poster of Nancy Reagan saying "Just Say Yes" to drugs. Why do you do that? Is it just easy to pass along ignorant Sarah-Palin lies about that woman? She's the First Lady, she has absolutely no official responsibility in government.

You want to attack someone on this front?

Her husband is the most powerful enabler of Monsanto in America. Despite his hints that he would support labeling of GMO food, Barack Obama has done herculean work to destroy true natural food. The details are undeniable. They include his mind-boggling political appointments of Monsanto operatives to key government posts, and a parade of new GMO crops into the food supply, during his first presidential term. Monsanto and their allies couldn’t have wished for a better partner. The president has given them everything they’ve asked for.

The new president filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA:

At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center.
As deputy commissioner of the FDA, the new food-safety-issues czar, the infamous Michael Taylor, former vice-president for public policy for Monsanto. Taylor had been instrumental in getting approval for Monsanto’s genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.
As commissioner of the USDA, Iowa governor, Tom Vilsack. Vilsack had set up a national group, the Governors’ Biotechnology Partnership, and had been given a Governor of the Year Award by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, whose members include Monsanto.
As the new Agriculture Trade Representative, who would push GMOs for export, Islam Siddiqui, a former Monsanto lobbyist.
As the new counsel for the USDA, Ramona Romero, who had been corporate counsel for another biotech giant, DuPont.
As the new head of the USAID, Rajiv Shah, who had previously worked in key positions for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a major funder of GMO agriculture research.
We should also remember that Obama’s secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, once worked for the Rose law firm. That firm was counsel to Monsanto.
Obama nominated Elena Kagan to the US Supreme Court. Kagan, as federal solicitor general, had previously argued for Monsanto in the Monsanto v. Geertson seed case before the Supreme Court.

The deck was stacked. Obama hadn’t simply made honest mistakes. Obama hadn’t just failed to exercise proper oversight in selecting appointees. He wasn’t just experiencing a failure of short-term memory. He was staking out territory on behalf of Monsanto and other GMO corporate giants.

-- Monsanto's Man in the White House

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

No matter how "bad" you haters think Walmart is, it can never be as bad as
the person who wants to deny others people their rights in a free market.

Other "bad" people are determined to take away parent's rights.
But it's always ok because they "care" and their intentions are good and it's for the children.
Forgetting the horrible results seems to be a pattern with control freaks.

That includes the fascist school lunch gestapo.

A preschooler at West Hoke Elementary School ate three chicken nuggets for lunch Jan. 30 because the school told her the lunch her mother packed was not nutritious.
The girl’s turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet the "guidelines."
When the girl came home with her lunch untouched, her mother wanted to know what she ate instead. Three chicken nuggets, the girl answered. Everything else on her cafeteria tray went to waste.
“What got me so mad is, number one, don’t tell my kid I’m not packing her lunch box properly,” the girl’s mother told CJ. “I pack her lunchbox according to what she eats.

A $3.2 billion public school lunch scheme devised by Michelle Obama has been axed in New York after
students forced to eat according to the new standards were literally starving.
The School District voted to scrap the National School Lunch Program starting in September 2013 after determining it to be
a complete failure, both practically and financially.
During the 2012-13 school year food offerings and portion sizes changed dramatically, and for the worst, as a result of the Obama plan. Students simply did not want what was being offered to them, and many of them brought in food from home just to stay nourished.
"The district went $100,000 in the red this past year as a result of implementing the Obama plan.

LINK

the child was given chicken nuggets!!!

Fat 20 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#18 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

From trying to make $millions selling Walmart employees Walmart-employee uniforms, to staging a cock fight in a Mexican store to attract soda buyers, to the fact the Walton slugs...er, I mean, heirs... are among the stingiest, least charitable trust-fund babies in history:

FIVE NEW LOWS FOR WALMART THIS WEEK

Amazing how this corporation's and this family's worldwide greed knows no bounds, even on a weekly basis.

:angry:

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Walmart Banking will help the poor

Walmart and Green Dot will forgo a screening system many banks use to vet potential customers and rely instead on a proprietary system. The model is expected to allow almost any consumer who passes an identification check to open an account in minutes, according to Walmart.
The accounts are intended to be low-cost alternatives to traditional bank checking accounts, with no fees for overdrafts or bounced checks and no minimum account balance.
In comparison, a basic checking account at Citibank charges $12 if a check is returned and $34 for overdrafts.

Amazing how this corporation's and this family's worldwide greed knows no bounds, even on a weekly basis.

I guess you are referring to Citibank and all the other greedy mega banks?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 September 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#20 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

From trying to make $millions selling Walmart employees Walmart-employee uniforms, to staging a cock fight in a Mexican store to attract soda buyers, to the fact the Walton slugs...er, I mean, heirs... are among the stingiest, least charitable trust-fund babies in history:

FIVE NEW LOWS FOR WALMART THIS WEEK

:angry:

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.