Photo

Bears Totally Dropped The Ball, New Highs Imminent?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

[Copy Right material removed]

Edited by OEXCHAOS, 09 March 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#2 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Higher Lows, Higher Highs on NYSE Summation Index, still in strong uptrend.

http://stockcharts.c.../McSumNYSE.html

#3 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Another long term structural bull market buying opportunity in Emerging Markets? [attachment=22030:eem0222.png]

#4 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Not looking good for the bulls on the hourly. Negative divergences showing on both the RSI and MACD with a breakdown from a b/b squeeze. Can they hold here at support?

Posted Image

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Dow 6,000 looks possible over the next 24 months.

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Now I KNOW you need a break! :lol:

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Now I KNOW you need a break! :lol:

Fib

The "possible" is always possible.

If anyone has been reading THIS THREAD (and thanks to MaryAM for keeping it up), it is possible the Pacific Ocean could be dead in 24 months, and we with it (and alas, the $hitidiots in nuclear industry in their Hazmat suits will still be saying smile, all is fine, and they will likely and irritatingly be the last to die), and if so CLK has underestimated how far the Dow can fall but the number will be irrelevant nonetheless.

Just thought everyone needed a cheery thought for the weekend.

:unsure:

P.S. Printfaster, great collection of charts and info. Thanks.

Edited by diogenes227, 22 February 2014 - 04:43 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

If anyone has been reading THIS THREAD (and thanks to MaryAM for keeping it up), it is possible the Pacific Ocean could be dead in 24 months, and we with it (and alas, the $hitidiots in nuclear industry in their Hazmat suits will still be saying smile, all is fine, and they will likely and irritatingly be the last to die), and if so CLK has underestimated how far the Dow can fall but the number will be irrelevant nonetheless.

Complete and utter nonsense...but I digress.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Until the Dow breaks out of the long term expanding wedge, there is no reason to be long, except a few individual names.

Why would anyone not try a short at that line ??? The market may keep going up, but only because of easy printing, as soon as
the big traders sense that the Fed's plan is about to run it's course, they will pull the plug all of a sudden. Maybe I will put 25%
back on in my 401k, I don't know, but I have been out for almost 2 months.

The baby boomer spending era is rapidly coming to an end, soon they will go into conserve mode for retirement.

So that new low in 09, that has not been retested like usual, 2011 was not a retest, didn't drop enough, it is very possible the 09 lows get tested.
This market, when it breaks, I do not think it will be a slow top, more like 1987. The Nasdaq stocks are in bubble mode again,
I do not think this is sustainable.

http://www.zerohedge...say-coming-2014

http://www.marketora...ticle44022.html

Edited by CLK, 22 February 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

The baby boomer spending era is rapidly coming to an end, soon they will go into conserve mode for retirement.

http://www.zerohedge...say-coming-2014

http://www.marketora...ticle44022.html

And here come the millennials, population-wise, the biggest U.S. generation ever and still coming of age...

If they can ever get a job and/or a big increase in the minimum wage, they'll power the economy beyond baby-boom belief. :D

MILLENNIALS ON THE MARCH

But seriously...

A lost generation? No way! The Millennials are finally poised to start spending, which is good news for the economy and stocks.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."