• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Russia has just announced its intentions this morning to invade the Crimea (which is part of the Ukraine). As I said earlier on this week, watch Mar 1 as Libra goes retrograde (war-like). Tomorrow Saturn goes retro in Scorpio.The negative energy that came upon the market last Friday where the SPX came down 20 points off the top, was what I was talking about last week. I miscalculated the Feb 27 Bisector low to Feb 28, but had said earlier that Thur to Friday should be up into the new moon and that Feb 27 was the bisector low. I did not expect higher high over Monday's top near 1858, as the formation became "once again" irregular.

This market is highly irregular and we have gone though a Mercury retro period (ending Feb 28), where Merriman said: expect the unexpected, trends lines will be broken, it will go further than expected and things will get exaggerated. Well, he was right. Nothing made sense, the volume did not confirm, but the A/D line went to a new high. The cycles instead of running 4/8/16, went mainly 5/10/20 (and are still doing it).

The Delta Volume was so weak on this rise that it is a house of cards waiting to crash. Either we hold 1773 on Mar 6 or crash through to 1668. The spinning top was followed last time by a small doji star. We'll see on Monday how things play out, but things are heating up fast between Putin and Obama even as I write this.

The SKEW Index just hit 135, so fear is out there. George Soros recently upped his hedged bet for a down side move in the markets and I'm sure he is in the know as to what is really going on.

Bottom line: Either SPX 1773 or 1668 by Thursday next week. If 1668, then 1945 by Mar 27, otherwise there won't be enough pull back to launch to the top of the major rising wedge by then.

Charts

99% of the time, crashes dont happen off of highs, pullbacks to support and uptrend lines occur. After uptrend lines and support areas are violated at numerous spots, the mkt becomes vulnerable and more susceptible to bigger declines. In fairness Blu, as good as I gave you credit for the spot on call before the last pullback, its been ice cold since.

Making money in the markets requires consistency. Trading is not about getting once in a blu moon call right.

To be sure no one not even you NAV are always right. Harapa, who is usually good, said the conditions favored the bulls over the weekend and we are down big. Red Foliage said he was buying into Friday's dip and now he is bearish. The last rise was a weird one for the books to be sure. Like I said, initially, I was looking for a nice rally but changed my mind when I saw the IT conditions were favorable to the bears. Even IYB, a master, says the same thing. Please get off your high horse, ok?

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#32 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Getting readings down to 1761/62 by Thursday

Blessings,

blu

#33 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

I don't find NAV to be on a high horse but even if he was, he has every right to be there. Aside from SKEW, the way I read options data, folks are way too bearish at this juncture.

#34 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

I don't find NAV to be on a high horse but even if he was, he has every right to be there.

Aside from SKEW, the way I read options data, folks are way too bearish at this juncture.

More to come to the downside my friend

Blessings,

blu

#35 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Boy only a few days past Mark's post on not bashing FF and there is a bunch doing it to blue. I may not agree many times with him but at least I respect him for at least having the guts to put his rep on the line. More than I can say about a lot. This is called fearless forecast isn't it? Not bash the forecaster? I was going to post some targets but that did hit but said nah Blue is is getting nuked why should I. Perhaps some others did too. Semi sure is looking more correct each time this happens. Come on guys show a little respect you guys are better than this. I know you guys long enough here and most of you have more class than this.

Edited by zoropb, 03 March 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#36 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm coming out of retirement for this one. First off, since when has Astro been reliable on any basis more than what can be construed as a blind squirrel finding a nut on the ground or a broken watch being right twice a day. Every once in a while the Bradley turns seem to be somewhat close to an approximation of accuracy but, to constantly call for multi % point moves both up and down within days of one another on a regular basis is an exercise in futility. Blu has been doin this for years on this site and to be honest, it became tiring a while ago. The only reason why I am typing these words is because I would feel a little bad if he happened to find this nut on the ground or his "watch" was deemed accurate and some more folks would wind up torn and twisted at the bottom of a proverbial cliff.

Caveat Emptor.

On a side note nice to see you around end. YOu to Don (Hawaii) been a while guys.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#37 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hey, I don't have time to sift through this thread at the moment, but I don't like folks beating up on posters. Again, if you disagree, do so with some civility. If someone is misrepresenting themselves or their work, that's another matter. Report it to me and I will handle it. I want to see more work, not less. If you're dissing people's work, criticizing without demonstrating why you don't value it, you're not serving our site or our community. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#38 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

Hey, I don't have time to sift through this thread at the moment, but I don't like folks beating up on posters. Again, if you disagree, do so with some civility. If someone is misrepresenting themselves or their work, that's another matter. Report it to me and I will handle it. I want to see more work, not less. If you're dissing people's work, criticizing without demonstrating why you don't value it, you're not serving our site or our community. Mark

Mark,to take the sensasionalism out of these post,have you ever considered,limiting the points or numbers mentioned on shortterm forcasts[1week or less] to maybe 35 or 40 at a time ?IMO what stirs folks up, is these outlandish calls that are never met..new people could be scared to death,,,just saying.. :rolleyes: