High Probability for Big Down Friday

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

I can tell when it's used and wrong on here, because this place is usually as dead as Wednesday nights church service.

Posted Image

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

When you sat VIX looks like a coiled spring, you are using TA...

That is contradictory to your useless statement...

No I'm not. Just an eye test. Tell me the last time you won with TA? Yeah, thought so.

Umm... today, yesterday and the day before...

Took profit on long British Pound this morning...

Yesterday took handsome profit on short aussie/yen...

TA works from my point of view, yours is different!

Good luck to ya!

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#13 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

No I'm not. Just an eye test. Tell me the last time you won with TA? Yeah, thought so. I can tell when it's used and wrong on here, because this place is usually as dead as Wednesday nights church service. I see a lot of TA quotes on here, then a lot of dead air when it's usually wrong. I see UVXY is staying put for now and peeked to downside early today. VIX creeps back up on any buying weakness. Futures have rolled over and will be tested. Who really puts money where mouth is here? If you don't, you're useless and should just be called a Feckless Frontrunner.

Whoa! Is this really a newcomer or is this a name change. Sounds a lot like someone else, or several other TA deniers around here, but at the moment I can't quite put my finger on which one...

Ah, FORGET ABOUT IT!

:rolleyes:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#14 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

No I'm not. Just an eye test. Tell me the last time you won with TA? Yeah, thought so.

Devastator91,

I see you just joined the board yesterday morning and normally I would welcome you to the board, but since your very first posting you've done nothing but write with a rather unfriendly tone shall we say, so I'll skip the welcome. By all means, share your trading methods with us, but try not to trash others in the process.

Tom

#15 Devastator91

Devastator91

• Traders-Talk User
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

Devastator91,

I see you just joined the board yesterday morning and normally I would welcome you to the board, but since your very first posting you've done nothing but write with a rather unfriendly tone shall we say, so I'll skip the welcome. By all means, share your trading methods with us, but try not to trash others in the process.

Tom

I was attacked first. Lmao. You lot really are biased. Yeah, skip the pleasantries thank you. A blind squirrel is more correct than what I've seen here and I've been watching for nearly 2 years. No, not a name change to answer another poster. But using the excuses about not being able to bat 1.000 doesn't excuse not even getting to .2000, constant amnesia about past calls, front running, and exclamations constantly amended or blamed on POMO. It was just my 2 cents, which is what you'll be left with following some of the main posters here.

And thanks for combining posts to make me look like a basher. I called TA useless. Posters have use, no matter the outcome.

Edited by Devastator91, 22 May 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#16 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

A blind squirrel is more correct than what I've seen here and I've been watching for nearly 2 years. There is a handful of posters here that are worth watching, the rest are a fade(Including me). The thing is.... that information is very useful ;)

#17 TTrader47

TTrader47

• Traders-Talk User
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

I was attacked first. Lmao. You lot really are biased. Yeah, skip the pleasantries thank you. A blind squirrel is more correct than what I've seen here and I've been watching for nearly 2 years. No, not a name change to answer another poster. But using the excuses about not being able to bat 1.000 doesn't excuse not even getting to .2000, constant amnesia about past calls, front running, and exclamations constantly amended or blamed on POMO. It was just my 2 cents, which is what you'll be left with following some of the main posters here.

And thanks for combining posts to make me look like a basher. I called TA useless. Posters have use, no matter the outcome.

So do you trade? Strategies?

#18 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

A blind squirrel is more correct than what I've seen here and I've been watching for nearly 2 years.

There is a handful of posters here that are worth watching, the rest are a fade(Including me). The thing is.... that information is very useful ;)

OOOOoo

I see now why you like knowing what Im thinking! Oh well if I can't make money off my trades it pleases me someone can!!

:lol:

#19 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

"regardless of TA charts (those things are really useless, so I don't know why they're posted so much)" Mostly the mechanic, not the tools.

#20 Devastator91

Devastator91

• Traders-Talk User
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

So do you trade? Strategies?

Primarily options and volatility. Not consistent enough to post strategies. More to come after semester ends. The last 2-3 weeks cost my summer vacation, so I'm a bit humbled.