76 replies to this topic

#21 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

oscillators still high. metals not giving a cent
lots of geopolitical tensions around the globe
well argentina cannot make its debt payments . are they the 1st in a long line. lots of bonds to be sold!
modi will present the budget july 10th
the seasonal weakness in gold is ending
i have july 20-21 as a date when the next leg can begin
of course modi can put the worlds largest gold buyer back in the running.
this is going to be an interesting month.
then there are the sharks , flipped to massively short
dharma
not doing a thing in here

if this current pullback continues it will increase the odds that many indices/stocks put in possible 5th wave (or nearer term "b" wave) highs today, and a large correction into your late July time frame becomes a very decent possibility, still holding half my original long position

PureBS

Senor

#22 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

Thank you Senor BS :)

In the event of a large pullback I will take that as a time to add to my positions. Drawdowns are nothing new to me and I don't mind at this stage.

Here is an interesting analysis of grains and copper from Dan Norcini Monday, June 30, 2014. LINK
Peace
johngeorge

#23 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

In the event of a large pullback I will take that as a time to add to my positions. Drawdowns are nothing new to me and I don't mind at this stage.

Here is an interesting analysis of grains and copper from Dan Norcini Monday, June 30, 2014. LINK

do note that if we come back and close at or near the highs a large upside extension would be viable, interesting juncture

Senor

#24 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

do note that if we come back and close at or near the highs a large upside extension would be viable, interesting juncture

Senor

This is my preferred scenario. A small correction both time and price wise now, and then extend higher.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

tria, i am not ruling out a move below 1300s. miners correcting today, usually how it begins. however, it will be a buying opportunity so that is how i am focusing on it commodities in general look ready to advance. fiat is not all its cracked up to be. dharma

#26 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Dharma the TNX chart to me looks very bullish with a rapid rise to 3% and possibly a lot higher looking like a bueno bet, looks like that case for higher yields and rising metals/miners may be coming into fruition BSing away Senor

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

senor i take it that rising rates are an admission that inflation is higher than the rates suggest.
gold not giving ground
in 8 days the gold tax in india gets decided. there has to be pent up demand. but who knows , when chidambaram instituted the 10% tax and the 80/20 rule gold crashed as the buyers were taken out of the market. so , anything is possible. the banksters have lined up massively short
i am very long as my work shows higher #s for july.
yellen talking now. what can she say????
sector remains firm
dharma
http://www.gata.org/node/14153

Edited by dharma, 02 July 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

interesting that they waited for the day before the 4th to hit this thing! apparently this day is not friendly to gold
ukraine and iraq are not going to get any better any time soon. its kind of amazing , we removed this brutal dictator only to have the strategic country fall into the hands of extremists.
the ukrainian people were trying to oust a brutal thieving dictator , only to have the country be torn apart by different ideologies
the week of the 20-25 is set up to be the change , according to my work. i will be waiting till then or should i see divergences occur from oversold sooner, then i will step in. otherwise i wait till then.
indian pmi moved from 50.2 to 54.4 looks like they have growth in economic activity. the 10th is when the new budget is submitted
dharma
so when there is interference in a market does that screw things up for the producers. rangolds ceo thinks 1300 is a bust for miners
http://www.miningwee...stow-2014-07-02

Edited by dharma, 03 July 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#29 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Is copper's recent strength helping silver?

Copper P&F Chart

Copper/Silver Weekly Chart
Peace
johngeorge

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

the overbought oscillators have now turned down. so, we see if this correction has legs. i am looking @ the round # as support and 1280-90 as good support. hopefully, there is not something deeper in store. the 10th is the date of the new indian budget, @that time we get to see who is in control of monetary policy. do the banksters still have control or jaitley , the new finance minister standing on his own feet. the 16th is a major bradley , calling for a top. i will use the weakness to try and buy back what i sold dharma