• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 TTrader47

TTrader47

• Traders-Talk User
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

Spectacular strength.

On Jan 31 we rallied back within 1 or so pt on the SPX of the previous day's close and then the next day, Monday, cracked hard, albeit, it opened up slightly first but had sold off hard at the end of the day on Friday.

Usually the harder they fall, the stronger the bounce is... Vix is staying somewhat strong here. Am adding to make full position...

#12 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Spectacular strength.

At over 2/1 negative breadth, I'm not thinking it is "spectacular strength". Smells like a bounce, imho.

#13 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Spectacular strength.

At over 2/1 negative breadth, I'm not thinking it is "spectacular strength". Smells like a bounce, imho.

Agreed. A dead cat bounce. Would not be surprised to see 1918/20 SPX by tomorrow. This is the way it is tracking.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#14 Market Slayer

Market Slayer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

As usual, crash thoughts are wrong, and the ego trip lives on. :lol:

#15 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Spectacular strength.

Last time I checked, I am still trading price and not breadth.

Yes, I understand where breadth is, just didn't expect this strong of a bounce considering it.

Edited by risk_management, 10 July 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#16 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

A 3% drop is by no means a "crash". For traders who are leveraged, this might seem like a crash, but this ain't no 'real' crash. Again, it is specific to a trader's perspective time frame etc.

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#17 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Slayer,

You're just being a troll. Post something useful sometime.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#18 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

I disagree with the way the market has been crash thoughts were right, its not over yet though you may wish it was.He and a couple of others are the ones who posted get short .MR dev has done this in the opposite way also after a july4 and was SOOO on the money . I'm ok if you disagree but slamming MR dev well thats manure . How many calls do you make here for all to see ZERO!!
Let us all try to use one another's knowledge of stocks and make money not belittle when they may be wrong and not even give credit when they are right !!!!!!!!

I'll make prediction FED starts qe5 market will go up ,calling it the other way is a lot harder

Good day

Edited by draggen33, 10 July 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#19 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Spectacular strength.

Last time I checked, I am still trading price and not breadth.

Yes, I understand where breadth is, just didn't expect this strong of a bounce considering it.

The breadth was twice as bad near the open, For myself. the bump North in breadth justified the resulting price. You trade price, I use breadth to forecast price-we all use different methods.

#20 TTrader47

TTrader47

• Traders-Talk User
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

....of Momentum ...Crash type selling to come.

It usually takes time for such and indicator to pass thru the Momentum TOP buying into the bearish region and then into the momentum Selling Bottom region.

Well here we are just entering the area and fast ....so I expect some kind of MASSIVE DOWNWARD MOVE

Be (very) careful if you have ANY LONGS that dont' need a 20% LOSS !! ! ! ! !

:bowtie:

SO TRADE SHORT or SELL .

For any who care to look back for a reference. Roughly page 389 currently.