Fun in The Cheap Seats!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

I understand late, but I am after swing trades, not 1-3 day scalps. This appears no more than bottom picking. If this is a true trend change like I am hearing, then late should not matter.

#42 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

you are right late wont matter .. there's always another trade if you missed this one.. but sometimes entries become even harder as prices rise.. not easier

because people always look back at the Lows but they buy anyway ..without all the support a Good Low has to offer.

im not even saying that this IS THE LOW ..we dont know yet.. but it could be.

as i said we are far from the price momentum acceleration area ...BUT I KNOW WHERE THAT IS ... so if a day goes against me

say while we are in a KEY area I can hold without being skeptical .. if one doesnt know where a price point is .. in relationship to momentum area or a reversal ...they get scared out on the first or second dip.

it doesnt matter if its an index or an ETF ..unless you know where the price is at... in relationship to momentum areas or potential momentum areas ...you are trading based more on emotion...which fails more than not.

now i understand everyone is usually somewhat skeptical at lows. . . i've been skeptical myself. . but it doesnt take me that much time.... to figure out what a Buy signal looks like and

post it ...after the Low is set. :bowtie:

I understand late, but I am after swing trades, not 1-3 day scalps. This appears no more than bottom picking. If this is a true trend change
like I am hearing, then late should not matter.

Edited by Mr Dev, 17 November 2014 - 09:06 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#43 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

I understand the value in being early, but I have grown weary in the past with false move after false move, yes I can get a small
cushion, but the real move seldom shows up.

This is why I want to see JNUG close over 6. On the 1 point chart as well, the bottoms print 1 brick on the turns, so I would not miss much.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

well if those are what you are going to use as your key charts or.. piece of equipment, i understand but looking at such a long term chart is just another mistake i see in your approach .

you may be looking long term but i see you are trading short term . hmm.

i dont know what you think is missing much but.... it not just my opinion ... theres been nearly a + 50.0 % move Up in only 9 days. i think most traders would appreciate that even after 12months !

if those charts didnt help you capture at least half of the move so far............then what good are they really ?

you may as well just look at your profit and loss screen to make your moves...

wait ..a minute ..didnt you say that you thought that would be a better way to trade once ? pretty sure i remember you said that. . which in this traders opinion is something very immature when it comes to trading.

Posted Image

I understand the value in being early, but I have grown weary in the past with false move after false move, yes I can get a small
cushion, but the real move seldom shows up.

This is why I want to see JNUG close over 6. On the 1 point chart as well, the bottoms print 1 brick on the turns,.............. so I would not miss much.

Edited by Mr Dev, 18 November 2014 - 01:37 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#45 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

something must be wrong in your kitchen when

JNUG is cooking up 72.54% in 9 days.. ..but you havent seen a buy signal yet.

but you said you want to see something move up .. (JNUG) up over 6....and over 111.27% ...off its lows ..before you think its safe to buy ?

where is the rationalization in that ?

you dont think many of us already long will look at you... and say SOLD after its up 111.% off the lows ?

the market place is where some of the smartest people in the world come to make money. . and others come to lose it .

i think that you feel you are being careful when swimming with the sharks. . but remember sharks smell fear.

:bowtie:

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 18 November 2014 - 01:53 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#46 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:11 AM

In all fairness, I have seen you trade the turns only to soon after start your countertrend campaign all the way through the middle of the swing move, and get it wrong. You may be good at the turns, I would rather capture the middle. I have traded long enough to had my fair share of successsful top/bottom picking, I still do it occaisionally, but I see a lot of money to be made in the middle.

#47 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks but ..i disagree ..having seen it done.

i honestly think you would benefit from a complete re learning of a more formal approach of technical training.

i do refrain from posting anything negative on your threads even when i see that they are an obvious fade in fact someone once said do the opposite and youll make more money and
just form the post i've seen from you over the years. .. if you've ever thought this ..you should see it as a reason to try to learn a few New Tricks.

let me know if there is anything more i can do to help . :bowtie:

:bowtie:

In all fairness, I have seen you trade the turns only to soon after start your countertrend campaign all the way through the middle of the swing move, and get it wrong. You may be good at the turns, I would rather capture the middle. I have traded long enough to had my fair share of successsful top/bottom picking,
I still do it occaisionally, but I see a lot of money to be made in the middle.

Edited by Mr Dev, 18 November 2014 - 10:24 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#48 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

i mean that....sincerely .. let me know if theres anything more i can do to help . :bowtie: meanwhile JNUG Up another 12.12% to 5.54 today ...with a HOD of 5.63

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#49 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

I hedged with Dust.
(I could have sold but then when NUGT is back to 70 I couldn't say: "NUGT @ 10...SNORT!") :lol:
Gold is one thing, but these 3x etfs can go anywhere the traders see unbalance, like when too many come late to the dance.
As Garth would say:
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain,
But I'd of had to miss the dance

This dance is called "The Quick Step" LOL!

Tom's Chart:
http://stockcharts.c...47898&r=546.png

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 November 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#50 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

just emailed this out this morning.

if you want to sell today .. (Jnug up 12.0 % mins ago) you can for a short term technical (although weak) reason.

the GAP up into the XAU 73-75 area gives a small caution of a pullback . if it does decide to fill this gap up today i think it moves up

but we are into a zone ive talked about from the begging. still with a longer term target of 80

thought id give my blessing to any selling done today for those reasons. with an expectation of a re entry to the long side. on the dips.

I hedged with Dust.
Gold is one thing, but these 3x etfs can go anywhere the traders see unbalance, like when too many come late to the dance'

As Garth would say:
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain,
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Edited by Mr Dev, 18 November 2014 - 10:42 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev