BIGGEST SCIENCE SCANDAL EVER: 'GLOBAL WARMING'

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#11 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

And you thought they call it GREEN because it was good for the environment.
Think again. Remember the Solyndra scandal?
Solyndra received a $536 million U.S. Energy Department loan guarantee before going bankrupt.

GREEN SCHEME BRINGS DOWN OREGON GOV...

Criticism had mounted in recent weeks over how Kitzhaber had handed Hayes' roles as an unpaid clean energy and economic policy adviser in his office, and as a consultant paid to promote the same topics. Since Kitzhaber took office in 2011, Hayes had collected at least $213,000 from contracts, records showed.

The widespread fraud goes on and on throughout both science, education and politics.

Green Subsidy Sharks: EU Wants India To Contribute To $100 Billion UN Climate Fund

Posted Image

New paper claims AGW pushed the "Western US toward the driest period in 1,000 years"

However, the tree-ring proxy data in the paper shows that at the end of the record in ~2002, soil moisture of the central plains was considerably above the average of the past millennium, and peaked around ~1930, a relatively warm period in the US. The proxy record also shows many periods of drought during the Little Ice Age and that the 20th century was relatively wet period in comparison to the past millennium.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 February 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

More proof of global warming:
(This will FROST the true believers.LOL!)

100 MILLION FACE BITTER COLD

Latest Blizzard Puts Boston At Third-Snowiest Winter Ever...

'Biblical' series of storms...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 February 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#13 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

More proof of global warming:
(This will FROST the true believers.LOL!)

100 MILLION FACE BITTER COLD

Latest Blizzard Puts Boston At Third-Snowiest Winter Ever...

'Biblical' series of storms...

Dude, don't you know that since it's hotter in desolate Australia that all this snow is because of the wildness caused by global warming?!

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

Dude, don't you know that since it's hotter in desolate Australia that all this snow is because of the wildness caused by global warming?!

Dude, don't you know that it is just weather when it's cold somewhere, but it is Global Warming when it is hot somewhere?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 February 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#15 Apollo

Apollo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

I've read some of your posts about global warming. I don't think there is any way for the average person to really know the truth. But I wanted to share with you what I think is the best way to determine who is telling the truth. That would be the "means and motive argument".

Motive

Scientists don't become scientists because they are addicted to wealth and power. They do so because they enjoy learning and sharing with others how the world works. Those who are addicted to power and wealth become corporate CEO's. This addiction makes them much more prone to lying for short-term personal gain than someone who is not.

Means

Money gives one a greater ability to propagate lies and history has shown that the masses are easily influenced by propaganda. It seems to me that if global warming were not real any debate about it would have been wiped out by the massive amount of money the oil and gas industry could put into countering it's acceptance. Scientists make considerably less money than the oil and gas industries. I don't see how anyone could think that they would have the financial resources to propagate a lie against the interests of the oil and gas industries.

Apollo

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

I've read some of your posts about global warming. I don't think there is any way for the average person to really know the truth.

That sounds very reasonable.
Frankly because it's my view, as well as the view of many unbiased "experts".

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

I've read some of your posts about global warming. I don't think there is any way for the average person to really know the truth.

That sounds very reasonable.
Frankly because it's my view, as well as the view of many unbiased "experts".

Dr. Roy Spencer, http://www.drroyspencer.com/ has an excellently balanced site (and opinion).
Global Warming: Natural or Manmade?

Roy W. Spencer received his Ph.D. in meteorology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1981. Before becoming a Principal Research Scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 2001, he was a Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, where he and Dr. John Christy received NASA’s Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal for their global temperature monitoring work with satellites. Dr. Spencer’s work with NASA continues as the U.S. Science Team leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA’s Aqua satellite. He has provided congressional testimony several times on the subject of global warming. Dr. Spencer’s research has been entirely supported by U.S. government agencies: NASA, NOAA, and DOE. He has never been asked by any oil company to perform any kind of service. Not even Exxon-Mobil.

#18 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

RULES OF OF GLOBAL ALARMISM:
RULE #1. Use derogatory terms and name calling rather than reality.

Climate debate turns nasty: Biden implies skeptics are 'stupid'...

“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.”
- Galileo Galilei

“It’s like religion. Heresy [in science] is thought of as a bad thing, whereas it should be just the opposite.”
- Dr. Thomas Gold

“A danger sign of the lapse from true skepticism in to dogmatism is an inability to respect those who disagree”
- Dr. Leonard George

“We should be eternally vigilant against attempts to check the expression of opinions that we loathe.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

"If you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense in you, then you cannot distinguish the useful ideas from the worthless ones."
- Carl Sagan

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 March 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

Climate Change is REAL! It has been going on since creation! DUH!

To be filed under: "Real scientists are always skeptics."

GREENPEACE Co-Founder: 'Why I'm a Climate Skeptic'...
GREENPEACE Co-Founder: "In fact, the Earth has been warming very gradually for 300 years, since the Little Ice Age ended, long before heavy use of fossil fuels. Prior to the Little Ice Age, during the Medieval Warm Period, Vikings colonized Greenland and Newfoundland, when it was warmer there than today. And during Roman times, it was warmer, long before fossil fuels revolutionized civilization."
The idea it would be catastrophic if carbon dioxide were to increase and average global temperature were to rise a few degrees is preposterous. Recently, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) announced for the umpteenth time we are doomed unless we reduce carbon-dioxide emissions to zero. Effectively this means either reducing the population to zero, or going back 10,000 years before humans began clearing forests for agriculture. This proposed cure is far worse than adapting to a warmer world, if it actually comes about.

The IPCC should either have its mandate expanded to include all causes of climate change, or it should be dismantled.

IPCC Conflict of Interest

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 March 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#20 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

WOW! I just saw this story headline on the crawl of our local ABC affiliate.
It will probably be years before the real news of the "Biggest Science Scandal Ever" will be safe to report.
But it is progress.

STUDY: 'GLOBAL WARMING HAS SLOWED'...CHANGES DUE TO 'NATURAL VARIABILITY'... CLIMATE MODELS WRONG...
Duke University study looked at 1,000 years of temperature records
It compared it to the most severe emissions scenarios by the IPCC
Found that natural variability can slow or speed the rate of warming
These 'climate wiggles' were not properly accounted for in IPCC report
(I guess those facts didn't fit their agenda-driven "science')
The Duke-led study says that variability is caused by interactions between the ocean and atmosphere, and other natural factors.

Skeptics Descend on Vatican to Influence Pope...
Scientists from NASA and elsewhere will lay out a detailed case explaining why climate science does not justify the Vatican putting its faith in the work of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) or the UN climate agenda.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 April 2015 - 10:22 PM.