Photo

SPX WEEKLY POLL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: SPX WEEKLY POLL (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Does the SPX close higher or lower next week?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Will stop posting this poll due to low voting numbers.

#2 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

Will stop posting this poll due to low voting numbers.

Hi bighouse1006, I just voted in your weekly poll as I do every week. Thanks very much for your service, hard work, and time and effort over the years. :)

Great work bighouse1006! Please continue your weekly poll-thanks very much. :) :)

Best Regards,

Bob
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#3 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

Myself as well. I vote each and every week. For the record, I voted Bearish as Monday is a cycle turn and we're rallying into that time frame. I did not go short per se, other than selling a Bearish call spread on MDY. This is a partial hedge against my Longs (via put spreads I'm short). I hate taking a taking a directional bias on the market but I do feel next week closes lower. Have a great weekend and DON'T discontinue this poll. We like it! CT

#4 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

Me too. I said higher. But I look for Monday to be up a little, Tuesday SPX to be down 25-30 and then up We'd-Thursday and Friday about 45 SPX points.

#5 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hi bighouse ...I read the poll and I find it has utility, but don't vote because I'm primarily day-trader so its not a timeframe I have a strong analysis for and don't want to 'pollute' the poll with a guess. But I and others can add our votes if it will keep you running the poll! FWIW - I find we often go through these periods where there is alot of apathy i.e. little posting (same on my blog and i'm sure others), little interest.....and that in itself can be useful data i.e low versus high participation, I certainly find that's the case. Doesn't Mark(OEX) have some signal based on this (T4 or something I recall) so think the low poll number are temporary - part of what I call 'boring retail to death' process of long term exhaustion topping process ( could go on many more months). thanks Mark
Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#6 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

Please keep the poll going. Though not a huge number of people vote, many more read the results. I appreciate your work and find the poll helpful. TM

#7 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

OK OK I must be the 'only' guilty one then! I will be voting more regularly from now on...promise! I voted up The bull grinds higher into early summer. Top pickers ....trade safe with stops. Dips will be bought. Regards salam
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,011 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

Hi bighouse ...I read the poll and I find it has utility, but don't vote because I'm primarily day-trader so its not a timeframe I have a strong analysis for and don't want to
'pollute' the poll with a guess. But I and others can add our votes if it will keep you running the poll!

FWIW - I find we often go through these periods where there is alot of apathy i.e. little posting (same on my blog and i'm sure others), little interest.....and that
in itself can be useful data i.e low versus high participation, I certainly find that's the case. Doesn't Mark(OEX) have some signal based on this (T4 or something I recall)
so think the low poll number are temporary - part of what I call 'boring retail to death' process of long term exhaustion topping process ( could go on many more months).

thanks
Mark

Yes, I did. I used to track activity via the T4 but after the last Bear, posting patterns weren't that useful and now there's no hope of getting much of a signal, given the choppy nature of the market.

If bighouse doesn't want to do it any more (and I really appreciate him doing it), can someone else pick up the mantel?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter