• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Techman, I am launching a new fund with our previous track record, I expect the audited results and the NFA approval of the fund documents around the first week of July for solicitation. Just PM me your email again please, I don't think I have it anymore, I will need though a bit more than an obscure email address without a name, we would have to collect the appropriate investor information about you. (Name, contact info, accredited investor status) My firm (Quants) builds mainly the portfolio products for the sector rotations and volatility arbitrage. These portfolio solutions will be also offered on a subscription basis online as well later this year at quantsfolio.com...

#22 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:05 AM

Techman, I am launching a new fund with our previous track record, I expect the audited results and the NFA approval of the fund documents around the first week of July for solicitation.

Just PM me your email again please, I don't think I have it anymore, I will need though a bit more than an obscure email address without a name, we would have to collect the appropriate investor information about you. (Name, contact info, accredited investor status)

My firm (Quants) builds mainly the portfolio products for the sector rotations and volatility arbitrage. These portfolio solutions will be also offered on a subscription basis online as well later this year at quantsfolio.com...

More sales pitch?!. All you have to do is give me your past 3 years' audited tax returns. I've no interest whatsoever in subscribing to your service.

If you don't want to send me your tax return, then we can find an attorney for that purpose. I don't mind paying the attorney's fees for him/her to verify your document and your identity.

Providing audited income statements or tax returns of at least the past 3 years is the only way to know whether someone's putting his money where his mouth is. Everything else is either sales pitch or just entertainment on social media.

Edited by TechMan, 24 May 2015 - 03:07 AM.

#23 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

This is clearly not worth my time, but just PM me your attorney's information, if you don't want to share your own. I don't get the purpose of this due diligence, if you are not going to use any of our services. But I have nothing to hide.

Edited by arbman, 24 May 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#24 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

This is clearly not worth my time, but just PM me your attorney's information, if you don't want to share your own.

I don't get the purpose of this due diligence, if you are not going to use any of our services. But I have nothing to hide.

I'd love to make the arrangement. Since I'm the one paying the attorney fees, can you tell me for sure that you're sending him your audited tax returns of the past 3 years so that he can verify your ID and documents?

#25 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

This is clearly not worth my time, but just PM me your attorney's information, if you don't want to share your own.

I don't get the purpose of this due diligence, if you are not going to use any of our services. But I have nothing to hide.

I'd love to make the arrangement. Since I'm the one paying the attorney fees, can you tell me for sure that you're sending him your audited tax returns of the past 3 years so that he can verify your ID and documents?

Sure but my ID is known here, you just want to verify the results. You do understand that you will be paying about $10-15k to run your own audit? I am fine with that. I will give authorization to the bank to release the trades and so will the clients, you will then run it though a credible attorney or better by an auditor and disclose here that my results are authentic. I do not want you to rely on my audit, neither my tax results, although I can share my tax results as well....

Edited by arbman, 24 May 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#26 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

Here's how we should do this, you should get a quote from your attorney and find a CPA and get the cost of auditing the trades, I will give them the trades to make an estimate, then you deposit the money into your attorney's escrow account. We run the audit, they bill and get their money, then you get your reports. I think it will cost you about $10-15k in total.

#27 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Sure but my ID is known here, you just want to verify the results. You do understand that you will be paying about $10-15k to run your own audit? I am fine with that. I will give authorization to the bank to release the trades and so will the clients, you will then run it though a credible attorney or better by an auditor and disclose here that my results are authentic. I do not want you to rely on my audit, neither my tax results, although I can share my tax results as well....

Let's keep this simple. I'll accept your tax returns prepared by a CPA. So, can you or can you not send me your tax returns of the past 3 years?

#28 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

Let's keep this simple. I'll accept your tax returns prepared by a CPA. So, can you or can you not send me your tax returns of the past 3 years?

TM, my tax returns do not have any trades, verifying 2 million revenue for 2014 in my taxes won't give you any assurance, you want to verify how the trades generated our revenues, verifying my income won't prove the authenticity of my trading, it will only prove our services are legitimate. So unless you want to invest in our firm (we are fundraising for the online platform), it won't get you the trading verification you are after. I am a registered financial adviser and a commodities broker, you want to check the client trading results.

#29 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

TM, my tax returns do not have any trades, verifying 2 million revenue for 2014 in my taxes won't give you any assurance, you want to verify how the trades generated our revenues, verifying my income won't prove the authenticity of my trading, it will only prove our services are legitimate. So unless you want to invest in our firm (we are fundraising for the online platform), it won't get you the trading verification you are after. I am a registered financial adviser and a commodities broker, you want to check the client trading results.

So, can your send me your tax returns of the past 3 years?

#30 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

So, can your send me your tax returns of the past 3 years?

If all you want is to prove that I am making money as an adviser, sure. Just PM me your attorney's information. But as I said, it won't get you any trading results...

I would rather have you audit the trading results now that you raised the credibility issue, I can make money by selling the investment and financial software services, but it won't prove any investment returns, neither my trading results.

Edited by arbman, 24 May 2015 - 12:23 PM.