Time to get 100% long (for a trade)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:56 AM

Getting 100% long during this period for a trade was my plan as I posted last week. Will buy another 1/2 Gold position today/tomorrow to get 100% long and probably some July Silver futures options to top it up. The icing on the cake will be some UGLD and USLV (if I see some weakness today). -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

I have some buy orders below the market but may be adjusted during today's anticipated weakness. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#3 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:06 AM

Bought 1/4th @ $1,177.10. Hopefully the rest will be bought below $1,170 otherwise will buy at mkt by the close today. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#4 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

Be prepared for some volatility to the upside, IMO, starting tomorrow. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

on daily charts -the oscillators are @ levels that produce rallies =70-150 dharma

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

2 weeks should be good, then support to 7 weeks out. the way it works the 453 week cycle is slightly up to dampen the 489 down ugly. The pesky 489 doesnt really bottom for 40 weeks or more, this is the action of short term cycles persistently holding it up, maybe it will get all the way to 40 weeks without much damage but the potential is always there. I would be careful after 6 weeks end of July and might even be patient for a good buy in 40 weeks, the big one. I wonder what Armstrongs date is. I'm wondering why the fake radio news bit is quoting gold now with the market recap, fishy. For me I probably will hedge a bit because I have more weight now and I got more lead too. I think the strength for two weeks tells if you can stretch it any for six weeks, it has to break something out.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#7 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:47 PM

Maybe I am expecting too much of a rally in the next 2 days and durring tha last week of June. I haven't concluded my buying spree yet since I hate to buy on strength. 100% long Silver and 75% Gold as of now. Will top it up on any kind of early weakness today, which although not anticipating it, may been seen despite of my ideal scenario. If studies that used to work, aren't working now, I am in trouble and will be stopped out. Either I am wrong, or the price is fixed in a range till it gets unfixed/unglued from the freaking trading range. Finally we have Janet Yellen to deal with on Wednesday, and some dovish talk will be wellcomed by me and I'll send her some white roses. Back to bed till the London opening. -tria :ninja:

Edited by tria, 15 June 2015 - 11:54 PM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#8 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

Bought remaining 1/4th longGold @ $1,176.70 USLV and UGLD buying can wait till tomorrow to be bought probably. -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#9 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

Bought remaining 1/4th longGold @ $1,176.70

USLV and UGLD buying can wait till tomorrow to be bought probably.

-tria

where are you placing your stops? If it is ok to share. thanks.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#10 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

Bought remaining 1/4th longGold @ $1,176.70

USLV and UGLD buying can wait till tomorrow to be bought probably.

-tria

where are you placing your stops? If it is ok to share. thanks.

Punter,
I haven't finished my buying yet, UGLD, USLV and Silver options are still in my buying list.
After I buy the obove and obviously I would like to buy them at lower levels if offered, I will place my stops (or buy puts).
Bottom line, no stops yet.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky