Ο νοών...νοείτω

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Greeks seem to be negotiating out of fear and the German leeches can smell it. They demand temporary exit and $50 billion in Greek assets held in trust to pay debts.

#12 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Greeks seem to be negotiating out of fear and the German leeches can smell it. They demand temporary exit and $50 billion in Greek assets held in trust to pay debts.

Every Country deseves the Government they voted for.....
I think I know what the sumitt will result to.
The Greek Goverment/Parliament/Population reaction and the 'collateral' consequences of this result,
I DO NOT KNOW/CAN NOT IMAGINE!
History is being written...

Spartan, ERT2 a public sports channel, is playing now "Holidays in Aigina"
The island where both Varufakis and Tsipras both have holiday houses...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#13 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

A final off topic comment,

I wish the day that a 'South-Euro' piece of paper to be used by Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Malta and France maybe, comes that much closer.

Let the rest, use the stronger 'North-Euro' piece of paper if they democratically decide so..

Let's do something better.......let's democratically divide italy in two : North in the strong euro (where it can stay more easily than anyone else given its economic strenght that makes the whole italy eat......but in case, even out of any form of euro...who cares) and center-south in the weak one. Auf viedersehen.....rome, neapolis (naples), palermo, reggio calabria, bari etc.etc. and good luck. Out of italy the south would be allowed to set up an economic bridge with turkey for example, which is not so far and which is more or less economically as strong as the south is.........and we would be all.......HAPPY

Ok but only as long as the Monza GP stays and does not follow the fate of the San Marino Grand Prix in Imola.
BTW, I watched the 1997 race from the Formula One Paddock Club as a guest of Shell Hellas. Shell were/are sponsors of Ferrari.

do you know what.....I' ve played (and still play) tennis at a brilliant level, but my true passion would be races. I started wathching races when I was a very very young kid. Do you remember the duels Niki Lauda (Ferrari 312 T or something like that VS James Hunt (Mc Laren). Probably much better that I chose tennis, given how dangerous races are...even at the start level with karts. The passion for races is in any case probably part of all of us here.....this is the land of Ascari and Nuvolari after all... and Ferrari who formerly was a driver as well, Maserati, Alfa Romeo.......Nowadays F1 is no longer attractive to my eyes......it's like a sort of circus with lions and tigers.......I would like such martians as Vettel and Hamilton only race on circuits like Spa-Francorchamps or Silverstone or Monza......instead they still race in Monaco (which is like placing an elephant in a kitchen and make it turn around at 200 mph.....a bad taste joke) and other city circuits that are the opposite to what races should be. F1 should be only about speed AND SAFETY......instead it's just about money........So today I watched the MotoGP in Sachsenring-Germany......much more interesting than any F1 races actually.....although much more dangerous than anything else in the world...which is not what I ilke, because I ilke and recommend safety when driving both a car or a bike....too many flowers at our roads' sides here...too many who thought to be in a circuit and died too young. Sad....

Edited by andr99, 12 July 2015 - 10:20 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#14 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:47 AM

Tria. the way I see it Greece will sign and pass all measures.
Greece is getting part of the debt moved over to EFSF. This is big. That means no big loan bill due in 2019.
This means greek government will face no funding pressure going forward. This is why the EU is being so tough on measures.
They need all measures passed now otherwise the EU will lose all leverage going forward. Also, it seems like the larger than expected loan is to recap the banks.
Tough measures but big returns for Greece going forward if the loans get reprofiled at a later date.

The Greek Goverment/Parliament/Population reaction and the 'collateral' consequences of this result,

#15 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Btw, Tria. I know Varoufakis is treated like a god in Greece. He takes most of the blame for this mess.
He gambled BIG when he should have known better. NO WAY EU markets were going to see a meltdown while QE was going on in Europe. I don't get why he didn't see that.
Btw, did you know Varoufakis was Papandreous economic adviser from 2004-2007. Makes you think right ........

#16 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

tria.....I would add that I watched races starting from Lauda-Hunt....onwards. I saw the end od Lauda-Hunt duels.... marked by the introduction of the ground effect on Lotus cars by Colin Chapman. An application ot the theorem of Bernoulli.....the Venturi tube increasing the fluid's speed in the rear below-part of the car. If you speed up the air flowing below your car you will decrease the pressure of the air which pushes your car upwards ....and at some point you will get an important almost clean down-force free from any remarkable resistance to advancement....which is what you want and what rear wings don' t provide....at least this is how I interpret the thing.....but I' ve never been in a F1 box....I just studied the theorem of Bernoulli.....but 2+2=4 ...usually. Then I saw the era of turbo engines......then I saw Senna Mc Laren win everything...followed by Shumacher-Benetton and Shumacher-Ferrari. All the rest is recent history......coming back to your hopes.......don' t be afraid.......MONZA...will always be......because it always was........ For the rest......I won' t be afraid about the deal EU-Greece.......it's a comedy and we all know how it will end. Everyone is trying to get advantage.....they will find an ''aequilibrium point''....because both need a deal

Edited by andr99, 12 July 2015 - 11:05 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#17 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Andr, I know what you say, I agree and and I do remember. Have watched 1950-1960 F1 racing tapes as well. I have fallen aslleep many times watching GPs in the last years. Where are the oppositelocks and car drifts of the Tasio's, Juan Manuel's or Stirling's days? Where are the Mille Miglia days? I watched the motoGP too, I am a Vanentino fun. Started studying Automotive Engineering in the UK but then Naval Architecture, too long to explain why. 'Cherchez la femme', is enough... Car racing was my ealy passion/dream as well. Attended 2 racing scools in the UK and raced just a couple of Formula Ford races in the UK, in the late 1970's and a few cirquit and hill climbing events near Greece. Had some success, one 1st, two 2nds (in under 1,600cc classe) in a Mini Cooper and an Alfasud-Ti. A few crashes made me stop. I agree completely with what you say about F1 drivers? championship. I would call it high tech/high spending/manufacturers champioship. My Tennis was always below average.

Edited by tria, 12 July 2015 - 11:07 AM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#18 An Ant

An Ant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

Instead of giving negotiation authority to Tsipras, if Greek parliament had passed legislation of the same deal, there would have been much better chance of striking the deal.

#19 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

Ant. they couldn't do that because they knew Europe would ask for more. they had to wait and see what Europe wanted first. now they can pass it.
Like I said, deal will happen. It will just take a few more days.

Instead of giving negotiation authority to Tsipras, if Greek parliament had passed legislation of the same deal, there would have been much better chance of striking the deal.

#20 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:03 PM

It doesn't matter. The Troika keeps adding many more demands each time the Greeks meet the prior milestone.

http://trueeconomics...eek-crisis.html

According to across the curve, Greece appears to have agreed to get all of the above done by Wednesday.

Edited by Data, 12 July 2015 - 01:10 PM.