Gettin' Close

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

The SPX monthly volume for July is projected to surpass last July. June volume has already exceeded last year by 15%. Once a monthly volume down trend is reversed, the new uptrend is likely to continue until a major market turn occurs.

Posted Image

For the first 7 months since 1999, March & January are #1 and #2 in volume. July and February are the bottom two. However, the projected increase of trading volume places this July in the top 3, next to March & January.

Anyway we look at it, last year 2014 is more than likely a long-term "volume bottom". The new volume uptrend appears to be well on its way.

Posted Image

Edited by TechMan, 20 July 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#32 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

For the time being, the only index that matters is the Nasdaq 100 (NDX). That's THE market, period. Keep your eye on it and see where it closes today. I wouldn't worry about anything else.

Well it's Dull shorting as usual.

That Broadening top looks ripe.

I havent got the conviction to get to a full position.

Best of luck with your trades
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#33 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

For the time being, the only index that matters is the Nasdaq 100 (NDX). That's THE market, period. Keep your eye on it and see where it closes today. I wouldn't worry about anything else.

I'm expecting downside resolution of this volatility squeeze. Were that the case, it may come fast and furious.

Best of luck to us both. :=)

#34 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

I'm expecting downside resolution of this volatility squeeze. Were that the case, it may come fast and furious.

Best of luck to us both. :=)

Hope so!
Vix up today; interesting breadth again.
I've improved my average and don't mind my half position now being nicely in profit

#35 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

It's one of the top 3 NDX components, Google (+16.67%), that's causing the "behavioral problems" of the market. I've initiated a short position at 702.60. I'll add to it if it gets up to 703 again.

Almost forgot about this one.

Took some profits just before the open at 685 (+2.5%). Sold again at 705.32. Now average 703.96. Stop at 711.

#36 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

It's one of the top 3 NDX components, Google (+16.67%), that's causing the "behavioral problems" of the market. I've initiated a short position at 702.60. I'll add to it if it gets up to 703 again.

Took some profits just before the open at 685 (+2.5%). Sold again at 705.32. Now average 703.96. Stop at 711.

I love it when a plan comes together!

I'm 1/3 position short (took 10 points profit at 2019 on part of my position) Maybe Ive played this trade too cautiously, but Id rather be careful than have my account burned by a terminal move up.

If we rally with Apple I will add on any move above 2130; if we gap down.....I may cover in 2100 area

#37 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Intraday overbought against weak momentum, among other things. I've decided to hold it for now. Will look for exit if GOOGL advances past 712 - 713.

As far as the overall market's concerned, don't mistake profit taking by short sellers for real rally. They, or rather, we, haven't had a good down-day like this in a while. It's only natural that we do.

#38 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

Intraday overbought against weak momentum, among other things. I've decided to hold it for now. Will look for exit if GOOGL advances past 712 - 713.

As far as the overall market's concerned, don't mistake profit taking by short sellers for real rally. They, or rather, we, haven't had a good down-day like this in a while. It's only natural that we do.

The buy the dip conditioning will be with us for some time...till the margin calls chime in!
I wonder...what news will drive us now to new highs?

2/3 Short average 2126 and happy :-)

#39 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

I had to turn off my GOOGL alert as it stayed around 712 for about an hour before noon. I kept getting price alerts. It really annoyed the heck out of me while I tried to attend to other more time sensitive options trades.

Pump-n-Dump. Googlegeddon!

Posted Image