The "Jon Stewartization" of the media is ending

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

Jon Stewart and David Letterman are gone and Megyn Kelly just got her comeuppance

I think Stewart’s show demonstrated the decline and vacuity of contemporary comedy. I cannot stand that smug, snarky, superior tone. I hated the fact that young people were getting their news through that filter of sophomoric snark.

Jon Stewart is not a major figure. He’s certainly a highly successful T.V. personality, but I think he has debased political discourse. I find nothing incisive in his work.

http://www.salon.com...imply_not_true/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

Cracks in the cable business send media stocks tumbling

Media companies were slammed on Wall Street this week as investors grew increasingly fearful that even industry giants would be swamped by the rising tide of cord-cutting consumers and the ebb of traditional television viewing.

http://www.washingto...d7ae_story.html
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Co-host Rosie Perez quit “The View” last week after producers forced her to repeatedly apologize to Kelly Osbourne following a controversial comment made by Osbourne about Latinos.

Osbourne joined a discussion about Donald Trump, and said “If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet?”

A shocked Perez corrected Osbourne, saying, “Latinos are not the only people doing that.”

Kelly immediately dialed back the comment, but it was Rosie who was scorned by producers.

Osbourne burst into tears, and said, “Everyone is going to think I’m racist. I can’t believe this,”.

ABC executives then cornered Perez and coerced her into apologizing to Kelly at the end of the show.

http://www.breitbart...-latino-remark/
-- -

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Jon Stewart and David Letterman are gone and Megyn Kelly just got her comeuppance

I think Stewart’s show demonstrated the decline and vacuity of contemporary comedy. I cannot stand that smug, snarky, superior tone. I hated the fact that young people were getting their news through that filter of sophomoric snark.

Jon Stewart is not a major figure. He’s certainly a highly successful T.V. personality, but I think he has debased political discourse. I find nothing incisive in his work.

http://www.salon.com...imply_not_true/

"Smug, snarky, superior" continues as the full-fledged idiot otherwise known as Rush Limbaugh carries on.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Part of the reason Trump is doing so well in the polls is that he doesn't let the media set the agenda or apologize for what he says.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#6 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

Nigel Farage: The pose of sneering superiority of the UK media is receding.

Whenever I’ve gone on national television or radio to discuss immigration figures I’ve always felt that I’ve been met with a sneer. At times this has even degenerated into demonisation. I wondered whether this was the modern day equivalent of the Salem Witch Trials.

The elite view has always been that if you even dare to discuss immigration, it was a cover for racism. Yet the attitude I received yesterday after the worst ever official immigration statistics was quite different.

Interviewers were asking genuine questions about the sustainability of our public services in the face of such rapidly rising numbers.

http://www.breitbart...-eu-referendum/
-- -

#7 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:57 AM

Look at this exchange.

Look at this pig chant baiting.

He gives them the pig satanist chant answer they want, give him credit for not suffering fools,

shows rare intelligence. I know that game well at work to

deal with pig ignorance but a true rule of life I learned along the way in dont suffer fools it comes from the bible.

And dont cast your pearl before swine.

He is on the true universal wavelength of higher order of controlling satanism.

The NY goldman overlord propoganda bloomberg none the less.

The slaves are getting depopulated by satanic communist cannibal

vampire squid

and the series of questions keep coming around to pig ignorance chants.

he should just come out and refuse to comment on satanic pig ignorance.

They try to frame questions if there is a conspiracy theory of JFK execution,

so they can categorize him with internet researchers. When McCain called the

execution " the intervention".

They ask about KKK leader support. But never asked about satanist

goldman support for obama and clinton. Hows that white supremacy chant

working out for the depopulated white trash labor now. The 5% that create 100% of gdp.

They ask about false flag lone gunmen operations.

US Intelligence Officer: “Every Single Terrorist Attack In US Was A False Flag Attack”

he latest whistleblower is David Steele, a 20-year Marine Corps intelligence officer, and the second-highest-ranking civilian in the U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence. He is a former CIA clandestine services case officer, and this is what he had to say:

“Most terrorists are false flag terrorists, or are created by our own security services. In the United States, every single terrorist incident we have had has been a false flag, or has been an informant pushed on by the FBI. In fact, we now have citizens taking out restraining orders against FBI informants that are trying to incite terrorism. We’ve become a lunatic asylum.”

Nice fasces symbols they chant to on each side of the flag, pigs to the slaughter.

The original symbol of fascism, in Italy under Benito Mussolini, was the fasces. This is an ancient Imperial Roman symbol of power carried by lictors in front of magistrates; a bundle of sticks featuring an axe, indicating the power over life and death.

http://www.google.co...CFY8Kkgodu3gHZA

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

Look at this exchange.

Look at this pig chant baiting.

He gives them the pig satanist chant answer they want, give him credit for not suffering fools,

shows rare intelligence. I know that game well at work to

deal with pig ignorance but a true rule of life I learned along the way in dont suffer fools it comes from the bible.

And dont cast your pearl before swine.

He is on the true universal wavelength of higher order of controlling satanism.

The NY goldman overlord propoganda bloomberg none the less.

The slaves are getting depopulated by satanic communist cannibal

vampire squid

and the series of questions keep coming around to pig ignorance chants.

he should just come out and refuse to comment on satanic pig ignorance.

They try to frame questions if there is a conspiracy theory of JFK execution,

so they can categorize him with internet researchers. When McCain called the

execution " the intervention".

They ask about KKK leader support. But never asked about satanist

goldman support for obama and clinton. Hows that white supremacy chant

working out for the depopulated white trash labor now. The 5% that create 100% of gdp.

They ask about false flag lone gunmen operations.

US Intelligence Officer: “Every Single Terrorist Attack In US Was A False Flag Attack”

he latest whistleblower is David Steele, a 20-year Marine Corps intelligence officer, and the second-highest-ranking civilian in the U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence. He is a former CIA clandestine services case officer, and this is what he had to say:

“Most terrorists are false flag terrorists, or are created by our own security services. In the United States, every single terrorist incident we have had has been a false flag, or has been an informant pushed on by the FBI. In fact, we now have citizens taking out restraining orders against FBI informants that are trying to incite terrorism. We’ve become a lunatic asylum.”

Nice fasces symbols they chant to on each side of the flag, pigs to the slaughter.

The original symbol of fascism, in Italy under Benito Mussolini, was the fasces. This is an ancient Imperial Roman symbol of power carried by lictors in front of magistrates; a bundle of sticks featuring an axe, indicating the power over life and death.

http://www.google.co...CFY8Kkgodu3gHZA

This is one of the craziest incoherent rants I have ever read here (and this site has a lot of them) but thanks for the link to the Trump interview.

Watched the interview all the way through and am again surprised at how much he agrees with Sen. Bernie Sanders -- like single-payer health care, like taxing himself and others with high-incomes ("the middle class built this country, not the hedge-fund guys"), but obviously he does not agree with Sanders as much as the American people agree with the Senator from Vermont.

When you get the past the media screens to see what the vast mass of Americans think, it is always surprising to find they are left of everyone in Congress except Sanders and left of the President who is, despite the relentless propaganda to label him otherwise, center-right. No wonder the press is constantly trying to play it down but the polls say otherwise:

Despite What The Corporate Media Tells You, Bernie Sanders' Positions Are Mainstream

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#9 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

Here's what JW says about presidential politics at 55 minutes.

Of all the narco corruption, example of Ross Perot,

the question is how was his candidacy allowed to continue this long.

#10 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

I dont really see what sanders says,

I know just a little about him. I am sure that the people can agree with sanders, 43% of them approve of obama,

they don't know anything, no education, no experience, no sense, no practical experience in reality.

In general everything I have seen is already solved, called the constitution, try that one time, never actually existed,

maybe just a short infant life to war of 1812 and mortally wounded from there until district war on the states,

and then long dead. Sure it has to evolve which it did, like they had three antitrust racketeering laws,

they had glass-steagle.

remember those useless expired ideas. So sure stuff (statutes) can be added to consitution (law).

But nothing resembling constitution exists now or for a very long time. They still argued in supreme court for a time

as though some thought it existed but quite dead in a series of conspiracies and genocides, Act of 1871 corporation charter, FDR etc.

Stick a fork.