• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

Correctly Defining “Bear Market”

Additionally, the MCO better not stall here.
I see a downtrend line from the top, which may well be the beginning of the bear market, as Tom suggests.

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 August 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

I saw him "schooling" the CNBC crew on Monday about this...it was hysterical to see the look on the faces of the hosts....especially the Brit.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

NYMO is a nice reference indicator and perhaps a good "teaching" tool, but that 2-4 weeks of time-lag (blue & red arrows) could blow up a real trader's real account.

Posted Image

Edited by TechMan, 29 August 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#4 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

Additionally, the MCO better not stall here.
I see a downtrend line from the top, which may well be the beginning of the bear market, as Tom suggests.

Posted Image

Rog - Do you know if Chan's monthly long term charts are going to give a LT sell signal this next week?
(I seem to recall you don't sub ... but you may hear from folks who do.)
MACD has already sold, but I don't ever remember him being very specific on his TL definitions.
And unfortunately, these particular charts are not in his public chart listing at SC. TIA

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

:lol:

I seem to recall you don't sub

I quit paying for professionals to lose my money.
I can do it better myself.

This Past Week in Gold - Jack Chan

USD - the multi month correction may be over soon as prices finally reached the 200ema support this week. A rising dollar is not friendly to the metals.

Summary
Long term - on major sell signal since Mar 2012 when $HUI was at 550.
Short term - on mixed signals.
Gold sector cycle - down as of 8/28.
Traders can play for short term bounces.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 August 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#6 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Amen Rodger!

:lol:

I seem to recall you don't sub

I quit paying for professionals to lose my money.
I can do it better myself.

This Past Week in Gold - Jack Chan

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

NYMO is a nice reference indicator and perhaps a good "teaching" tool, but that 2-4 weeks of time-lag (blue & red arrows) could blow up a real trader's real account.
Posted Image

Not unless you know the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#8 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

Not unless you know the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price.

Fib

Please post a real time trade on Monday with specific entry, stop, and exit so that we can see how you trade "the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price".

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

Fib

Please post a real time trade on Monday with specific entry, stop, and exit so that we can see how you trade "the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price".

You're more than welcome to become a month to month subscriber if you're REALLY interested in learning something about the tool, and by extension, to become a better trader overall.

In lieu of that, there are many posts on the subject that you can do a search for to help explain this relationship.

Fib

#10 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Fib

You're more than welcome to become a month to month subscriber if you're REALLY interested in learning something about the tool, and by extension, to become a better trader overall.

In lieu of that, there are many posts on the subject that you can do a search for to help explain this relationship.

Fib

Instead of more sales pitch, why can't you just post a real time trade with specific entry, stop, and exit on this forum so that we can all learn how to trade "the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price"?

I think that's good for your business. You'd get more subscribers. I may even pay for your "teaching" as well.