Correctly Defining “Bear Market” Tom McClellan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#21 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

P.S. You know, Techman...you know all this based on your own work so I don't know why you're browbeating Fib for just mentioning his own.

Because knowing the methodologies and indicators is not trading.

#22 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

Nothing looks bearish here

What?

Wow.

Fib

Fib_1618 - Before I pay for your "teaching", you've posted the above in "real time" when CLK commented that there's nothing bearish about the selloff on Tuesday, 8/25/2015. And 8/25/2015 turned out to be a great buying opportunity. The SPX has since rallied 120 points in just 3 sessions.

Is there a follow-up or clarification on that?

2015-08-27 17:01:09 fib1618: we got our buy signal at about 2:15 eastern time on Wednesday to cover short and move long
2015-08-27 17:01:20 fib1618: up until then
2015-08-27 17:01:30 fib1618: we still didn't have any real clarity
2015-08-27 17:01:38 fib1618: it could had turned into another Tuesday last hour
2015-08-27 17:01:57 fib1618: but once we moved above, and then tested the EMA's, and then went higher, that was the trigger

That was at SPX 1900 cash.

Any other questions or do you want to pull other innocent posters into our conversation?

Fib

Yes, please post a real time trade on Monday with specific entry, stop, and exit to show how you trade "the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price".

That's not a question.

Would you like to try again?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#23 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

That's not a question.

Fib

Can't you post a real time trade on Monday with specific entry, stop, and exit to show how you trade "the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price"?

#24 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

That's not a question.

Fib

Can't you post a real time trade on Monday with specific entry, stop, and exit to show how you trade "the context of the lag as it relates to the relationship between breadth and price"?

No.

Anything else?

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#25 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

That's not a question.

Fib

No.

Anything else?

Fib

Well, if I can't see the demo, I can't buy the product.

#26 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

That's not a question.

Fib

No.

Anything else?

Fib

I guess you missed my earlier post...I withdrew my offer...I don't want your money...it would be a wasteful on your part and better served elsewhere.

Shall we wind this up or are you that bored on this lovely Saturday afternoon?

Fib

#27 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

That's not a question.

Fib

No.

Anything else?

Fib

I guess you missed my earlier post...I withdrew my offer...I don't want your money...it would be a wasteful on your part and better served elsewhere.

Shall we wind this up or are you that bored on this lovely Saturday afternoon?

Fib

Just a prospective customer asking relevant questions and requesting a demo to show the quality of your product. It's not the first time the sales person decides to withdraw. No surprise.

#28 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Just a prospective customer asking relevant questions and requesting a demo to show the quality of your product. It's not the first time the sales person decides to withdraw. No surprise.

Fib gave a free trial awhile ago and I participated in the chat room.

Believe me, he writes a lot and covers all the bases - you know - 'it looks like this but we have to consider this' type of thing.

If you asked him: Will there be a sunrise tomorrow? The answer would be: "The charts favor it but, we need to consider the normalcy effect. Just because it has happened in the past we should not assume it will happen in the future. Go long on a sunrise but consider keeping some money off the table to go short if you don't see the light rays in the morning."

Then, if the sun didn't rise he would post: I told my subs: "consider keeping some money off the table to go short if you don't see the light rays in the morning."

You'd go crazy with it.

Edited by Dex, 29 August 2015 - 07:50 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#29 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:54 PM

Believe me, he writes a lot and covers all the bases - you know - 'it looks like this but we have to consider this' type of thing.

If you asked him: Will there be a sunrise tomorrow? The answer would be: "The charts favor it but, we need to consider the normalcy effect. Just because it has happened in the past we should not assume it will happen in the future. Go long on a sunrise but consider keeping some money off the table to go short if you don't see the light rays in the morning."

Then, if the sun didn't rise he would post: I told my subs: "consider keeping some money off the table to go short if you don't see the light rays in the morning."

You'd go crazy with it.

ROFLOL

Like I said, DEX, you're the best. Glad to have you as my "guru workshop" teacher.

#30 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

Liar.

Fib