LONG

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#11 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:22 AM

That is what I am thinking, buy the gap down, but the first bounce will probably not go far, then retest the lows after most of the day. Not confident of a big bounce, and most of it could be overnight, then another big gap down tomorrow.

#12 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

I can't find any news for the overnight selloff.

Volkswagon scandal? I don't think so...

==================

Other than exiting long on a bounce, do u have a follow-up plan?

Yeah, back to my regular day-trading. :=)

I'll be looking for long entry first, and we'll see how the market set things up after that.

Thanks for the update. Btw, vw scandal was known before monday's open (hence the weak dax). Dont think that is the catalyst for today's selloff.
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#13 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

Five minute MACD looks sick, new lows first.

#14 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

Out at approx. 1947 (-10) and just bought it back at 1939 with a 5-pt stop.

#15 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

Long is not an ideal trade at this juncture... we are about to go into a no bid type market

#16 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

Adjusted my stop to -10 instead. Probably should've waited for European bourses to close before jumping back in.

#17 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

Out at breakeven 1939 and reloaded at 1930 with the same 10-pt stop. Unless you carry short positions from yesterday, it's been trading mostly in a 10-point range. This hasn't been an ideal session for day-traders. Things could change in a hurry. The only trader that has posted his short positions here since yesterday is Salam. Congrats, buddy.

#18 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

Out at breakeven 1939 and reloaded at 1930 with the same 10-pt stop.

Not pretty and a lota extra work, but a trader's gotta do what a trader's gotta do. It's just another day at the office.

So, once more, with feelings, I'm holding this swing long position with the above referenced 2000 target in mind. However, I may exit and go to cash tomorrow ahead of my aforementioned concern over the post-holiday Tokyo session.

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

However, I may exit and go to cash tomorrow ahead of my aforementioned concern over the post-holiday Tokyo session.

No less...Yom Kippur begins this evening.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#20 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

In less than one hour, China Flash PMI will be released. I am seeing spreads widen slightly, as if they were awaiting a NFP number, lol. The Fed's 've made China watchers out of a lot of market participants.