LONG

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Out at breakeven 1939 and reloaded at 1930 with the same 10-pt stop.

Unless you carry short positions from yesterday, it's been trading mostly in a 10-point range. This hasn't been an ideal session for day-traders. Things could change in a hurry. The only trader that has posted his short positions here since yesterday is Salam. Congrats, buddy.

Thanks buddy

Account up 30% past two days, 50 points up on swing trade and scalped short all day.

Weeks like this make up for the bad runs.

Main priority is to keep to the discipline.
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#22 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

However, I may exit and go to cash tomorrow ahead of my aforementioned concern over the post-holiday Tokyo session.

No less...Yom Kippur begins this evening.

Fib

From someone like Fib_1618 that has contributed nothing to the real day-trading, this is the kind of comment that's belittling and counter productive. It's irrelevant, offensive, and it's not funny.

Edited by TechMan, 22 September 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#23 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:52 PM

In less than one hour, China Flash PMI will be released. I am seeing spreads widen slightly, as if they were awaiting a NFP number, lol. The Fed's 've made China watchers out of a lot of market participants.

That's the storyline. China looks O.K. to me, for now.

Posted Image

#24 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

It's irrelevant, offensive, and it's not funny.

It's not...it isn't...and it wasn't meant to be.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#25 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

In less than one hour, China Flash PMI will be released. I am seeing spreads widen slightly, as if they were awaiting a NFP number, lol. The Fed's 've made China watchers out of a lot of market participants.

China PMI 47 vs 47.5 consensus, disappointing. Initial reaction highly negative with 12 point downmove in ES in minutes. "In a bear market, all surprises are to the downside" may be the operating paradigm here.

#26 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

That's the storyline. China looks O.K. to me, for now.

Posted Image

Futures have breached the low from the regular trading hrs. Are you planning to exit and reload or this would turn you to look for shorts instead?
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#27 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:00 PM

China PMI 47 vs 47.5 consensus, disappointing. Initial reaction highly negative with 12 point downmove in ES in minutes. "In a bear market, all surprises are to the downside" may be the operating paradigm here.

Just came back from the gym... Man, that's a 20-pt plunge right after China PMI.

Futures have breached the low from the regular trading hrs. Are you planning to exit and reload or this would turn you to look for shorts instead?

I could've taken my 15 SPX points instead of holding it overnight. In any case, I'd most likely go thought the same routine again and reload. But we'll see; night's still young.

#28 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

I could've taken my 15 SPX points instead of holding it overnight. In any case, I'd most likely go thought the same routine again and reload. But we'll see; night's still young.

If you don't mind explaining, is there something that keeps you looking for a move back to 2000 in recent days? The internals based on new high/new lows looks pretty sick to me. The 2 week high/low on Nasdaq has moved into the range of the post crash low (in the last week of August) whereas price (NQ) hasn't. It seems to suggest that it's only a matter of time before NQ goes and retest the post-crash lows unless the internal recovers very soon.

#29 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

If you don't mind explaining, is there something that keeps you looking for a move back to 2000 in recent days? The internals based on new high/new lows looks pretty sick to me. The 2 week high/low on Nasdaq has moved into the range of the post crash low (in the last week of August) whereas price (NQ) hasn't. It seems to suggest that it's only a matter of time before NQ goes and retest the post-crash lows unless the internal recovers very soon.

The worse it looks, the better it is.

I don't use popular indicators like new highs/lows and the "internals" for trading. And, I don't follow anyone on Twitter or anywhere on the Internet. The only things matter to me for trading purpose are price, volume, and volatility. If you don't mind, that's all I can say.

Sometimes it takes a few shots to get it right. That's how trading works. I just don't like the hassle of all the extra work that I had to do today. But sometimes a trader's gotta do what a trader's gotta do.

#30 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:43 PM

The worse it looks, the better it is.

I don't use popular indicators like new highs/lows and the "internals" for trading. And, I don't follow anyone on Twitter or anywhere on the Internet. The only things matter to me for trading purpose are price, volume, and volatility. If you don't mind, that's all I can say.

Sometimes it takes a few shots to get it right. That's how trading works. I just don't like the hassle of all the extra work that I had to do today. But sometimes a trader's gotta do what a trader's gotta do.

I absolutely understand that you cannot reveal your method. I appreciate the information you have already provided.