• 9,000 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:46 AM

Sorry JG ckg (darn autocorrect)

#22 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:36 AM

"Sorry JG ckg (darn autocorrect)" :) dougie From my FWIW department: I do NOT have a short term buy signal for $ckg. Buy signal for me would be daily close at or above $529. However, as you pointed out, I too see good looking positive divergences in MACD and Total Strength Index. Upside could be limited unless it decides to trade at new highs and, IMO, that is a real possibility.
Peace
johngeorge

#23 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

"Sorry JG ckg (darn autocorrect)" :)

dougie

From my FWIW department: I do NOT have a short term buy signal for $ckg. Buy signal for me would be daily close at or above $529. However, as you pointed out, I too see good looking positive divergences in MACD and Total Strength Index. Upside could be limited unless it decides to trade at new highs and, IMO, that is a real possibility.

I think dougie means ckg.v (cheasapeake)

CHK.V

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

money velocity still sinking http://www.graceland.../2015oct6m2.png we have gotten above the downtrend line
notice that when money velocity topped so did gold stocks/gold http://www.graceland...015oct6xau1.png
the last couple of days gold stocks have been leading and they have gotten heavy volume
the drivers of the bull will be: asian cb buying, indian growth, and money velocity changing direction there are others.
banging on 1150 . the triangle pattern that gold is in projects to 1250 if that happens that will change the picture.
lots of work to be done.
dharma

#25 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

dougie

From my FWIW department: I do NOT have a short term buy signal for $ckg. Buy signal for me would be daily close at or above $529. However, as you pointed out, I too see good looking positive divergences in MACD and Total Strength Index. Upside could be limited unless it decides to trade at new highs and, IMO, that is a real possibility.

CHK.V

Thanks stubaby :)

I haven't seen you posting lately. :( Of course I may have missed them and, if that is the case, I missed out. Normally I read all your posts for the great chart work and insightful analysis you always provide. I trust you are still with us. Anything in particular you are looking at lately? TIA
Peace
johngeorge

#26 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:30 PM

dougie

CHK.V

Thanks Stu

#27 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

I can make out 3 up off sept 11 lows Looks like 5-3-5 to my eye

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

chesapeake gold is one of my favs it is a mine of mind boggling size. the ceo randy reifel sits on the board of gg lots of talk of when the bottom will occur . hadik took a stance . marty is say 1st quarter. for now the miners are leading. as i said recently in 09 there was a 25% up day. for me the miners are either sold out or close to it i want to see a decisive move or an upday like 09 to be more sure the bottom is in. i post the sentiment #s to show what the market is thinking we had a series of overly bearish #s an indication the market had gotten far in a direction. there have been several capitulations over the last 4 years gold retrace 50% of its high to low range. miners were down 85% can it still make new lows ............of course. w/all the evidence the market has given i have been building a modest/medium position. and if new lows come, i will finish it off. all the gold that has been lent out isnt coming back. the far east is a black hole . the gold goes in and its not coming back. all the gold that gordon brown sold, canada sold etc isnt coming back. sure there could be one more low . but, maybe not! dharma commodities in general are sold out. oil is also sold out. now russia and china are bombing in syria the saudis are bombing yemen

Edited by dharma, 06 October 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

sentiment The HGNSI was unchanged yesterday at 20%. MarketVane’s bullish consensus rose 2 points today to 38% the DSI rose 5 points to 27%. looking for acceleration to the upside in a short time. china has been on national holiday which ends tomorrow , which is \ also when the fed minutes come out. i suspect the minutes reveal how confused they really are. dharma other commodities are showing signs that they too have bottomed. in the 70s bull , commodities almost across the board rallied. the dollar looks set to swoon a strong dollar is bad biz for the multinationals

Edited by dharma, 07 October 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#30 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

HUI 10 minute which way will she break?