- Latin America is home to 41 of the 50 most dangerous cities in the world
- Caracas in Venezuela is now the most violent, according to homicide rate
- Took the top spot from San Pedro Sula, in Honduras, now in second place
- Drug trafficking, gang wars, political instability and corruption are blamed
- U.S. cities St Louis, Baltimore, Detroit and New Orleans are also named
Although the list is almost entirely made up of cities in Latin America, it also features Cape Town, in South Africa, in ninth place; St Louis, in Missouri, in 15th; Baltimore, Maryland, in 19th; Detroit, Michigan, in 28th; New Orleans, in Louisiana, in 32nd; Kingston in Jamaica in 33rd; Durban, South Africa, in 41st; Nelson Mandela Bay, in South Africa, in 42nd; and Johannesburg, South Africa, in 47th.