Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

http://www.marketwat...4556-2015-11-19

#2 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

Short a $2 dollar stock ? OH.MY.GAWD! And he plans to tell his wife, and hope she forgives him, and hope she allows him to liquidate HER 401k ??? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but there is no HELP whatsoever for this buffoon. <_< P.S. instead of pleading for $ over the internet, this guy should be out on some highway intersection, with a 4' x8' SIGN in front of him, saying something like "HONK IF YOU THINK I'M STUPID BC I SHORTED A $2 STOCK, and lost $140,000" . and on the back side of him, have another sign that says something like "WHIP PENNIES AT MY HEAD, BC IM A POOR SOB."
OTIS.

#3 merciless

merciless

• Traders-Talk User
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:34 PM

Someday I'll share my amazon short story again:)

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

Why you should never short sell stocks

http://www.marketwat...ocks-2015-11-19

Goldman Sachs top trades for 2016

http://blogs.barrons...rades-for-2016/

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

Someday I'll share my amazon short story again:)

I remember back in 1999 sometime there was a comment on AMZN... after its first big run up the stock had a 50% pullback in which all the bears and value guys chortled "told you so's" only to be hit with this comment:

"Amazon dropped 50 percent and let the shorts in the door, and never them let out out again."

And so it goes to this very day.

Someday I'll have to share my story of how I bought 4,000 shares of AMZN and woke up the next day to a 40 point gap.

Those were the days.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

........if you sell short........sell short what can' t go up 800% overnight. If you sell short the most largely capitalized stocks of the market, no one can push them up even a little thiny fraction of that 800%. Sorry for the guy in any case.......very sorry. Another thing......I would never sell short.........american stocks. In milan in 2012 I sold short and found myself 50% in green in four months. Obviously the short sell is not for all...... Last thing.....why do people sell short the bio stocks ? Thiny, volatile stocks that can go where they want (and when I say they I don' t mean the stocks)

Edited by andr99, 20 November 2015 - 07:38 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#7 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:01 AM

sometimes - the cost of buying puts are worth it - if you buy an ITM put you will generally pay very little premium, it will even cost less than an expensive short (like AMZN) and you can also sell a call spread too - all would be defined risk.
best,
klh

#8 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

His gofund me page is no longer there. BTW, yesterday I was joking that no one is that reckless and suggested that it's a simulated account. Dude might've already took the money and ran. :lol: