OFF TOPIC: Jeopardy TOC winner Chicago prop trader

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

I watched all of that and am amazed at the breadth of knowledge of those players.

I've got degrees in 3 disciplines, but that's nowhere near enough to compete with those players.

What did they do to get so much overall, well-rounded knowledge about so many things??

Jacob, who earned a bachelor's degree in economics and mathematics from Yale, says a solid memory helped him win. But he also was serious about studying for the quiz show well before he was invited to compete.

Many leisure-time hours in the past five years were spent online, Jacob said, crediting a fan-created website with thousands of previous "Jeopardy!" questions and answers, j-archive.com, as especially valuable.

And recall Ken Jennings... who won like 74 Jeopardy games. Sheesh!

Need I remind everyone that it's a TV SHOW for crying out loud. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Inferring what, exactly?

Misrepresentation for entertainment purposes to sell advertising is their game. Discussing it as though it's reality may be entertaining too, but not very productive.

You may be too young to remember the scandal around the TV program, "The 64,000 question". Turns out it was rigged and destroyed all of its credibility.

Jeopardy has a 50-year running history. If any aspect of that were to be revealed as phony/rigged, it would be a big financial loss for all involved. Unlikely the show and brand would take such a risk.

Edited by HoseB, 25 November 2015 - 09:56 AM.

40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#12 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

Some are rocket surgeons:

She's cute/sexy, makes a lot of money and as Meat Loaf sang for us... "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad".

And she has her own TV show premiering Thanksgiving evening!
She seems to be intelligent but ignorant about a lot of things, which makes her so much fun.
I Love Kellie Pickler

(I remember how "dumb" Lucille Ball was before she owned Desi-Lu and produced half of the shows on TV.) ;)

I also saw her on "Smarter than a 5th grader". She came across as "dumb as a mud fence"... but was also charming as all-get-out. And with her other "attributes", most men would make whatever allowances to be with her, I think.

(I think Lucille Ball "played dumb", but actually wasn't. Kellie Pickler likely isn't the "sharpest knife in the drawer", but she's got attributes to induce men to tolerate and make allowances for that.)

Edited by HoseB, 25 November 2015 - 10:02 AM.

40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....