Bugs

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:24 AM

I don't like it too but for a totally different reason.  There used to be lo-fi version that probably nobody but myself was using.  That feature was designed for early days of internet when bandwidth was not there and it would deliver board contents in simplest form possible. Plain white page with just topics and once in, just contents.  Sometimes things would be missing from subject line and occasional chart but one could figure out those misses from post contents.  Believe it or not but I was using that view whenever reading this board.  Would switch to full board only when I wanted to post.  I personally hate modern day boards.  20% is the content.  The rest of the realestate is covered with unecessary junk.

p.s.  I am sure we'll all get used to it eventually since there is no other option.

I guess it won't make you feel any better about the lack of a 'Lo Fi version', but on this new version, a lot of the large buttons are no longer graphical so that bandwidth can be reduced as much as possible.

It's possible I suppose that the owners may commission somebody to produce a lower-fi 'skin' for the boards. Personally I don't think there is much that's 'clutter' other than everybody's picture to the left of all posts and the topic title. 

Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.

#22 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:47 AM

All these old position polls that are on top of the board should be cleaned up. 

1. Tough to find what's the latest active thread.

2. Nobody is posting anything.  Not sure if people are turned off by new board or just lazy this morning.

#23 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

I spent all that time optimizing my animated GIF logo to fit in 75K for here and it no longer animates.

#24 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

I spent all that time optimizing my animated GIF logo to fit in 75K for here and it no longer animates.

That's one of my least favourite 'improvements' too. But nothing that can be fixed in the short term sorry.

#25 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

I think it is IE 8

#26 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Re viewing poll results:  vote tally bars don't look any beter with Firefox 42.  Still look like empty bars of the same length.

#27 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:48 AM

I think it is IE 8

That version is no longer supported by Microsoft after January 11 2016. May be worth upgrading?

Re viewing poll results:  vote tally bars don't look any beter with Firefox 42.  Still look like empty bars of the same length.

On the other hand, THAT is up to date. I have Firefox v42 showing polls just fine.

This suggests that the issues you are experiencing are with your PC/Browser configuration rather than the board.

#28 uburack

uburack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

This is strange... I use the 'view new content' feature (and it's predecessor) exclusively. After viewing the latest post on 1 thread I used the 'back' button to return to the list of new posts and the one I was viewing has left the building. So the page dynamically refreshes and removes the ones from the list I had just viewed. Slightly annoying. I would rather continue seeing a list of the 10 or so LATEST posts, than ONLY what I haven't viewed. This is how it worked previously. Does that make sense, kind of early for me to be communicating via typing?

John 21:6 And he said unto them, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find". They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

#29 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

Just now found out about preview this topic feature.  Doh.  Very nice.

#30 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

All these old position polls that are on top of the board should be cleaned up. 

1. Tough to find what's the latest active thread.

2. Nobody is posting anything.  Not sure if people are turned off by new board or just lazy this morning.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm with number 2 here.  Every time I press "View New Content"  I get a message "sorry, there is not new content even though when I search within a forum there obviously is new content.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."