Bugs

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

All these old position polls that are on top of the board should be cleaned up. 

1. Tough to find what's the latest active thread.

2. Nobody is posting anything.  Not sure if people are turned off by new board or just lazy this morning.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm with number 2 here.  Every time I press "View New Content"  I get a message "sorry, there is not new content even though when I search within a forum there obviously is new content.

Also how does one post a link title without having the entire link information posted?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#32 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

2. Nobody is posting anything.  Not sure if people are turned off by new board or just lazy this morning.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm with number 2 here.  Every time I press "View New Content"  I get a message "sorry, there is not new content even though when I search within a forum there obviously is new content.

Also how does one post a link title without having the entire link information posted?

There, just went to see if my new content was available under view new content and it wasn't.

I am clueless.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#33 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

This is strange... I use the 'view new content' feature (and it's predecessor) exclusively. After viewing the latest post on 1 thread I used the 'back' button to return to the list of new posts and the one I was viewing has left the building. So the page dynamically refreshes and removes the ones from the list I had just viewed. Slightly annoying. I would rather continue seeing a list of the 10 or so LATEST posts, than ONLY what I haven't viewed. This is how it worked previously. Does that make sense, kind of early for me to be communicating via typing?

Try and play with the definition of New Content that suits your needs. The board will remember this every time you visit.

newcontent.PNG

By the way, clicking on the blue dot next to the topic title will take you to the first unread (by you) post in the topic. If it's a blue star that tells you it's a topic in which you have posted previously. If either is a lighter shade, or whites out completely, it's an indicator that you have now read it and are up to date.

And avoid the Back button, if possible, just click New Content again

Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.

#34 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:26 PM

There, just went to see if my new content was available under view new content and it wasn't.

I am clueless.

That's almost certainly because your definition of New Content is stuff you haven't read. The board assumes that because you wrote it, you've read it. :)

#35 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

<snip>

I'll just leave this chart of my own here to compare with the same time last week. The holidays in between and down time can be ignored. Admittedly part of the last two days post count will be people discussing the board upgrade itself rather than the markets, but it you'd expect a slight dip to begin with, and overall it looks healthy to me.

daily stats.PNG

#36 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:44 PM

No sure I understand the question, please say more and I'll see if I can help. Do you mean something like Facebook's Zuckerberg to give away 99% of his shares?

#37 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

No sure I understand the question, please say more and I'll see if I can help. Do you mean something like Facebook's Zuckerberg to give away 99% of his shares?

Yes, that's it.  What steps had to be taken to do that?

#38 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

I find that simply having the Fearless Forecaster Board open is driving CPU Utilization to about 50%.  That is board open, not doing anything.  That is a lot of CPU to do nothing.

#39 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:05 AM

I find that simply having the Fearless Forecaster Board open is driving CPU Utilization to about 50%.  That is board open, not doing anything.  That is a lot of CPU to do nothing.

And what evidence do you have that proves that this board is the cause of that CPU Utilization? Of course the impact on CPU Utlization will depend on the power of the CPU in the first place, but on my machine I see no change in utlization if I tab in and out of having the board loaded.

#40 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

Yes, that's it.  What steps had to be taken to do that?

Let's assume that you have the URL (the link address) ready to paste. In the post editor simply type the text that you want to display (in my case above. that is Facebook's Zuckerberg to give away 90% of his shares), highlight the text by dragging the cursor over it, click the 'chain' icon in the editor toolbar. Then in the dialog box that opens, paste the URL and then click OK.

Hope that helps.