Fed just can't stop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:42 AM

When I look at Europe, I see markets that are sane and move with expectancy. The US markets 

are being manipulated higher. In my mind there is no reason for this " take back all the losses in 10 minute"

moves. Also no reason we are not near the lows like Europe.

#2 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

I mean, the Fed may be juicing the futures at the "right time" (IE panic/support areas), but I don't think they are buying the cash markets.

I just think US investors are some very arrogant players in the world market place.  They've been bailed out so many times when bubbles burst, and the bubbles are always allowed to reach such comical levels that "investors" get disconnected from reality.  They live under the illusion that the king dollar cannot be unseated, the CBs are omnipotent/infallible, that worldwide market crashes are unlikely to affect the US and that valuations don't matter.

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

Agree on the futures vs. cash. I just don't see the same price action in other markets. If I could trade options

on European indexes, I would not get stopped or lose nearly as bad or often. 

#4 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

Agree on the futures vs. cash. I just don't see the same price action in other markets. If I could trade options

on European indexes, I would not get stopped or lose nearly as bad or often. 

I know that feeling.  Its even worse in some of commodity futures spaces.  Oil right now (gold and silver a few years ago), you can't trade size because everything is a stop run that only the algo's can react to (in terms of price on stop runs).

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

Looking for ES 1860 tomorrow.  Nikkei could be down 1500.

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

Well, this is my last DIA trade. They prop it up too much. Switching to SPY, QQQ, IWM.